Groups

Fridge Freezer advice

If a fridge freezer seems to be turning on too frequently (every half hour or so), do you turn the dial to a higher setting (nearer 9)? I know this sounds like a dumb question, but I'm tired and can't apply my mind to find the logical answer, and the solutions on Google are confusing to say the least. To be honest, I'm trying to reduce power consumption after installing an electricity monitor

14 Comments

Jumpingphil;5686633

Nearer to 9 would make it go colder.

Is that true for the majority of fridges/freezers?

i.e the higher the number, the colder it gets?

Original Poster

Jumpingphil;5686633

Nearer to 9 would make it go colder.Is this a newish fridge freezer?Every … Nearer to 9 would make it go colder.Is this a newish fridge freezer?Every half hour sounds a bit excessive.Even if you turn it up, it would still probably turn on and off every half hour.Are the door seals clean and intact.No frozen peas or corn on the cob wedged in there?

No, about seven years old. Everything seems ok with the seal, and no misplaced food items:)

If making it colder wont solve it, then I suppose we'll have to live with it until it packs in. The expense of a new one would void my attempt to save money.

Get one of these to check the Temp and adjust to suit.

sam-turner.co.uk/sto…224

Strange place to get one from I know but cheap!!!

Jumpingphil;5686727

I think we've had this question a few times over the last year and the … I think we've had this question a few times over the last year and the general consensus was, the higher the number, the colder it goes. :thumbsup:

Off to try it.

Cheers! :thumbsup:

Original Poster

mikebike;5686733

Get one of these to check the Temp and adjust to … Get one of these to check the Temp and adjust to suit.http://www.sam-turner.co.uk/store/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1224

Good idea. Thanks.

Sounds like it might need re-gassed.

Jumpingphil;5686905

And the answer is ? True / False ?

Should be true.

The higher the number, the more the compressor is being asked to work.

Buy an electric plug timer at Poundland.
    Set mine to 1/2 hour off, then 1/2 hour on round the clock.
    Simples!

Jumpingphil;5686905

And the answer is ? True / False ?

.....:?

dunno :-D

Original Poster

Thanks for the advice. I have turned it up slightly though to see what effect it has over the next 24hrs.

hebbzee;5687020

Buy an electric plug timer at Poundland.Set mine to 1/2 hour off, then … Buy an electric plug timer at Poundland.Set mine to 1/2 hour off, then 1/2 hour on round the clock.Simples!

Sorry, but that is just daft and achieves nothing.

Predikuesi;5688120

Sorry, but that is just daft and achieves nothing.

It will achieve something, it will give him a higher electricity bill:whistling:

Original Poster

moob;5688175

It will achieve something, it will give him a higher electricity … It will achieve something, it will give him a higher electricity bill:whistling:

True

Predikuesi;5688120

Thanks for the advice. I have turned it up slightly though to see what … Thanks for the advice. I have turned it up slightly though to see what effect it has over the next 24hrs.Sorry, but that is just daft and achieves nothing.

Sorry, but it works .....

"I'm tired and can't apply my mind to find the logical answer"
    See what you mean .....
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction11
      2. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?1642
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764436
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846246

See more discussions