fridge freezer - frost free or not?

13 replies
Found 1st Sep 2009
Getting a new fridge freezer, the one I want isnt frost free. Is is best to get one that is frost free? Thanks! The only one I can see is a Beko one in my price range and they dont have good reviews.

13 Comments

we have had our beko for 8 years and only thing we have had to do is replace the bulb in the fridge.

2 other freezers are frost free, best IMO

Banned

Do you want to defrost your freezer once a year and scrape out all the ice? If not get a frost free freezer simples.

Banned

frost free, every time

Whatever you do don't buy a Rangemaster one - we have had nothing but trouble with it.

Original Poster

Thanks, it was hotpoint one I wanted. Think I may go for frost free, defintely seems like a good idea

bargainhunter2009;6180576

Thanks, it was hotpoint one I wanted. Think I may go for frost free, … Thanks, it was hotpoint one I wanted. Think I may go for frost free, defintely seems like a good idea

it is :thumbsup:

Had a Beko for years, they go on for ever. Only changed because of moving home.

I had a Beko fridge freezer for 8 yrs and was fine,only don't have it now as sold it before I moved house as was fitted fridge and freezer in kitchen that was clean and working.
If I was to buy a new freezer,I def go with frost free,it's pain to defrost them.

ours is a beko frost free - not had any problems with it but have only had it a year - I think the frost free ones are worse for electricity costs as the A or A+ rating is only comparing it to other frost free freezers and not normal freezers so our a+ frost free isn't as good as a a+ normal freezer - thats what I was told on here when we were looking anyway - but I still went for a frost free anyway.

I have never defrosted my freezer in 8 years, i just chip the ice off from time to time with a chisel

pinkleponkle;6181889

I have never defrosted my freezer in 8 years, i just chip the ice off … I have never defrosted my freezer in 8 years, i just chip the ice off from time to time with a chisel

i did that and punctured some tube thingies at the back - oooops

I only do it round the lid to make sure the door closes.

Got a Daewoo frost free, and went away for a month, turned it off to save money (empty of course). It was a doddle, no ice, dripping water etc,

Frost free is a god send, if you really don't want to be defrosting, with all the mess and hassle it involves. I'd pay more to get it, if it wasn't the same price.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769405
    2. Happy Bandi Chorr Diwas and Happy Diwali!1315
    3. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?983235
    4. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…4497

See more discussions