Fridgefreezer engineers

Found 30th Jun 2015
What normally fails on a Fridgefreezer. I'm looking to buy one of these:
currys.co.uk/gbu…tml
The motor is also backed by a 10 year parts warranty, providing you with even more peace of mind.
or
johnlewis.com/sam…673
This model hosts a digital inverter compressor. This technology comes complete with a 10-year warranty.

John Lewis has a 5 year warranty
Currys model has a drinks dispenser.

Do I need the JL warranty or is the motor the most expensive to replace which is covered?
(Found out today that 5 year warranty is only onTV's)

Any sound advice is welcome.
£450.00 is my top wack.
Community Updates
9 Comments
compressor, thermostat & control panel
personally I'd avoid the drinks Despenser, although I am sure others will say they love their.

the people I know who have them say they don't use them because they get manky.

we went for frost free, which was great until I read they are the most likely to pack up.
bluetba

personally I'd avoid the drinks Despenser, although I am sure others will … personally I'd avoid the drinks Despenser, although I am sure others will say they love their.the people I know who have them say they don't use them because they get manky.we went for frost free, which was great until I read they are the most likely to pack up.

The people you know just need to clean their fridges more often lol. My aunt has had one for over 10 years and the water is very clean same with my cousin and they use theirs daily. I'm talking about the water dispenser by the way just in case that wasn't clear.

As far as I'm aware it's usually the compressor that goes first.
frost free is fine. you just need to defrost the thing every two to three years. mine is nearly 10 years old and the only thing failing is the freezer drawers keep cracking due to over filling.
Drink dispensers are great providing they are kept clean and if plumbed into the mains it's important to change the filter on schedule to prevent bacteria from forming etc..
shauneco

Drink dispensers are great providing they are kept clean and if plumbed … Drink dispensers are great providing they are kept clean and if plumbed into the mains it's important to change the filter on schedule to prevent bacteria from forming etc..

We have frost free cold water and ice. The water filter went in the bin after 3 months (suggested replacement schedule) that was 4/5 years ago. We use it regularly and flush out or fill the kettle during the winter along with the ice which I fill a pint glass with and chuck it in the sink as the ice will stick together, jamb the dispenser and potentially break.

Please could you explain how, why and where the bacteria comes from using a fresh water supply (not sarcasm)
as i said I threw mine away?
technicians not engineers.
jjaack

We have frost free cold water and ice. The water filter went in the bin … We have frost free cold water and ice. The water filter went in the bin after 3 months (suggested replacement schedule) that was 4/5 years ago. We use it regularly and flush out or fill the kettle during the winter along with the ice which I fill a pint glass with and chuck it in the sink as the ice will stick together, jamb the dispenser and potentially break.Please could you explain how, why and where the bacteria comes from using a fresh water supply (not sarcasm) as i said I threw mine away?

Because although your fresh water supply is probably fairly clean it still contains bacteria, Bacteria can grow fast in stagnant water.

Suppose if used frequently it wouldn't be a problem.

You probably did the best thing removing the filter and flushing it occasionally makes good sense.
Is the compressor the motor?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions