Fridge/freezer - frost free freezer not working!!

Posted 10th Sep 2020
Hi,
My hotpoint fridge/freezer is playing up a lot recently making the whole thing shut down.

It’s meant to be a frost free freezer but at the moment it’s creating a great amount of ice build up which actually has resulted in the fridge refrigeration shutting down too.

Once I melt the ice it kind of works again but is there anything I can do to fix it? Or does it need to be scrapped?!
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
New door seals? Draws not fully in then the freezer door not sealing properly?
do you keep the drain hole inside the fridge at the back clear of obstruction?
chrisdwiliams10/09/2020 21:25

New door seals? Draws not fully in then the freezer door not sealing …New door seals? Draws not fully in then the freezer door not sealing properly?

I’ve just had a look and they seem to be fully intact
tardytortoise10/09/2020 22:20

do you keep the drain hole inside the fridge at the back clear of …do you keep the drain hole inside the fridge at the back clear of obstruction?

Thanks I’ll have to keep an eye on this
I’ve read somewhere about replacing the defrost component of the freezer?! but don’t have much of a clue about this stuff if anyone knows
I spent about £100 on call outs etc for the very same problem. Problem with frost free is you need to keep your ice cubes covered if not, What you described happens... I couldn’t believe it stopped after I got a new ice cube tray with a lid! True story
MrMaxPackage11/09/2020 17:02

I spent about £100 on call outs etc for the very same problem. Problem …I spent about £100 on call outs etc for the very same problem. Problem with frost free is you need to keep your ice cubes covered if not, What you described happens... I couldn’t believe it stopped after I got a new ice cube tray with a lid! True story

Ice cubes? You mean ice cube tray?
MrMaxPackage11/09/2020 19:31

Do you really need further instruction?

Don't understand the question...
MrMaxPackage11/09/2020 17:02

I spent about £100 on call outs etc for the very same problem. Problem …I spent about £100 on call outs etc for the very same problem. Problem with frost free is you need to keep your ice cubes covered if not, What you described happens... I couldn’t believe it stopped after I got a new ice cube tray with a lid! True story

Someone us pulling your leg.
eslick11/09/2020 22:43

Someone us pulling your leg.

Pesky ice cubes 🧊
Post a comment
@
    Text