fridge/freezer problems

Found 28th Jan 2012
we have a daewoo side by side fridge freezer which is about 5 years old and it has developed some problems. i think the product number is the daewoo dd7098. what happens is that it has stopped cooling anything on both sides. the fan works as well but i do not get why it isn't cold. the fan seems to be working but it doesn't seem like very cold air is coming out. i do not know what to do. have tried cleaning the coils and other things and it's been defrosted and now i do not know what to do. does anyone know what i can do?
help will be much appreciated, thank you

12 Comments

Put your fridge/freezer contents somewhere safe.

Could be a total loss of refrigerant (sp).

Seriously though, we had a similar issue with a chest freezer which just stopped working. After leaving it off for about a month it just suddenly started working again when I switched it on one day oO

When a neighbour had a problem with their daewoo side by side I suggested they leave it off for a while and again their F/F started working again!

Original Poster

Thanks
Edited by: "xbox-360-elite" 28th Jan 2012

Banned

What do you expect from a brand like daewoo

Next time buy a Samsung

Original Poster

Yeah,lol

Original Poster

do you think i should replace the fridge or try and repair it?

horacevankhute

What do you expect from a brand like daewoo Next time buy a Samsung

I lolled X)

Btw, i'm thinking of getting a Samsung. At least they're pretty cheap/easy to fix when they **** up

Shengis

I lolled X)Btw, i'm thinking of getting a Samsung. At least they're … I lolled X)Btw, i'm thinking of getting a Samsung. At least they're pretty cheap/easy to fix when they **** up

Buy Amana. They are expensive but worth the price. I got one that is 12 years old and still going.

does it need regassing ? Ive had my my candy one for 20 + years and only recently it started not to cool , but everything else worked perfectly - the guy who took it says it needed regassing - hth

I've had my amana for 12 years and haven't re-gassed it. I haven't heard of this.

I had my old freezer regassed last year, think it was about £20. A local refrigeration company came out and did it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions