Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Friend Apps

Posted 29th Sep
This is going to sound extremely sad but does anyone know of any apps for making friends? I've lived in London for just over 3 years but I'm finding it hard to make friends. I find that nobody is on my wave length at all.
Community Updates
Introduce Yourself
Top comments
Try tinder.

Women on there are constantly telling me they want to be friends.
Edited by: "TheAppleGeezer" 29th Sep
You should come and live in Wales, it's very nice here (except for the North where it's weird).
19 Comments
Try the mush app for mums. Great way to meet like minded people who have kids
BargainLovingMum29/09/2019 13:09

Try the mush app for mums. Great way to meet like minded people who have …Try the mush app for mums. Great way to meet like minded people who have kids

Oh brilliant I will look it up now Thanks so much. I didn't just want to download one without recommendation incase I got over loaded with weirdos or I downloaded a dating app by mistake lol I'm not very tech savvy when it comes to apps lol
You should come and live in Wales, it's very nice here (except for the North where it's weird).
chimp14uk29/09/2019 13:22

You should come and live in Wales, it's very nice here (except for the …You should come and live in Wales, it's very nice here (except for the North where it's weird).

London is a cold hearted, dog eat dog place. You're better off not knowing anyone there
Gollywood29/09/2019 13:36

London is a cold hearted, dog eat dog place. You're better off not knowing …London is a cold hearted, dog eat dog place. You're better off not knowing anyone there

People say that but you can't judge a whole city like that. In London there are so many people not worth knowing but equally there are many who are worth knowing, same with any place.
jamie1529/09/2019 14:42

People say that but you can't judge a whole city like that. In London …People say that but you can't judge a whole city like that. In London there are so many people not worth knowing but equally there are many who are worth knowing, same with any place.

There’s always one isn’t there ..
Try tinder.

Women on there are constantly telling me they want to be friends.
Edited by: "TheAppleGeezer" 29th Sep
TheAppleGeezer29/09/2019 15:39

Try tinder. Women on there are constantly telling me they want to be …Try tinder. Women on there are constantly telling me they want to be friends.

jamie1529/09/2019 14:42

People say that but you can't judge a whole city like that. In London …People say that but you can't judge a whole city like that. In London there are so many people not worth knowing but equally there are many who are worth knowing, same with any place.

I’ve lived and worked in London. I completely agree it’s a cold place, even people who pretend to care don’t really. There are very few decent people in London, vastly outnumbered by selfish, self interested, greedy, shallow and nasty people. It’s a cesspool. Best thing I ever did was move away!
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 29th Sep
cmdr_elito29/09/2019 18:01

I’ve lived and worked in London. I completely agree it’s a cold place, eve …I’ve lived and worked in London. I completely agree it’s a cold place, even people who pretend to care don’t really. There are very few decent people in London, vastly outnumbered by selfish, self interested, greedy, shallow and nasty people. It’s a cesspool. Best thing I ever did was move away!

That's your experience. Mine differs.
I remember a few years ago I had a voucher for the shard and was going to be late, as typical as up here in Yorkshire I just asked the bloke next to me how far away we was...

He just replied "about 2 minutes and it was so lovely talking to another yorkie again as nobody speaks on public transport to the person next to them"

I couldn't live there with that lifestyle
The Meetup app is a great way to meet like-minded people.
Why an app? Why is it that these days it is only possible to do anything if directed by a mobile phone? I'm a carer for my autistic son. Last week I went to a crafting group for carers. There is no way that I would ever have crossed paths with any of these people in day to day life. I was the only Caucasian and probably the only native English speaker but I had a blast. The world is full of people and the internet is full of filters. Friends crop up in the most unlikely of places and situations. Most of mine I have nothing in common with. Making friends isn't easy but if you rely on the internet to find your friends, you could miss out on some real gems right under your nose.
Join local area Facebook groups. Full of lonely people that have regular group get togethers in local pubs
psychobitchfromhell30/09/2019 03:33

Why an app? Why is it that these days it is only possible to do anything …Why an app? Why is it that these days it is only possible to do anything if directed by a mobile phone? I'm a carer for my autistic son. Last week I went to a crafting group for carers. There is no way that I would ever have crossed paths with any of these people in day to day life. I was the only Caucasian and probably the only native English speaker but I had a blast. The world is full of people and the internet is full of filters. Friends crop up in the most unlikely of places and situations. Most of mine I have nothing in common with. Making friends isn't easy but if you rely on the internet to find your friends, you could miss out on some real gems right under your nose.

I think it all depends what area you live in. I'm one of 4 white english Mums at my childrens school I find everyone stays in their races. My estate is the same and anyone I could possibly speak to either sells drugs or takes them so although you've managed to have a great experience at craft group it's not that easy where I live.
gemmalani30/09/2019 08:06

I think it all depends what area you live in. I'm one of 4 white english …I think it all depends what area you live in. I'm one of 4 white english Mums at my childrens school I find everyone stays in their races. My estate is the same and anyone I could possibly speak to either sells drugs or takes them so although you've managed to have a great experience at craft group it's not that easy where I live.

I live in Bradford. It's far from easy here too. Sure as eggs ain't jam and jerusalem. Have you thought about joining the PTA ? You will automatically have something in common with everyone else there.
psychobitchfromhell30/09/2019 11:59

I live in Bradford. It's far from easy here too. Sure as eggs ain't jam …I live in Bradford. It's far from easy here too. Sure as eggs ain't jam and jerusalem. Have you thought about joining the PTA ? You will automatically have something in common with everyone else there.

I suffer really bad with nerves, anxiety and paranoia having bipolar disorder, so I thought apps may be my best bet as I find it hard to approach people (my mental health is more frustrating than anything it holds me back constantly)
gemmalani30/09/2019 12:27

I suffer really bad with nerves, anxiety and paranoia having bipolar …I suffer really bad with nerves, anxiety and paranoia having bipolar disorder, so I thought apps may be my best bet as I find it hard to approach people (my mental health is more frustrating than anything it holds me back constantly)

been there done that, got the t shirt. My health visitor took me to parent and toddler groups until I got my confidence back. Have you someone who can go with you for moral support? Meeting people on the internet isn't the same as meeting people in real life. Don't get me wrong, there are many people on this site who have been a fantastic support and I would consider to be friends. The internet has its place but it isn't the only way to meet people
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants