Friend looking for work - best place to look?

Good afternoon HUKD,

A friend of mine was chatting last night and brought up looking for new work. He has never had to 'apply' for the work he's done until now as he's got it through friends/family/etc. I told him about job search sites online where you can upload your CV like monster (I told him to Google) and of course the local paper.

He seems interested in doing delivery work (driving from A to B). Would anyone have any hints on how he can go about finding this kind of work other than just the usual routes? How needy are most courriers for drivers these days? Like me he is under 25 so I said some companies may have an age limit due to statistics and insurance so find out.

Any tips would be appreciated! Thanks

5 Comments

Banned

the jobcentre

the job centre plus website, monster is good but keep updating your your profile so it doesnt get over looked, try ringing the local supermarkets (mines always looking for people), online papers and cassifieds, some of it takes time but you never

phone a couple of local high street job agencies ... a lot of the time they will be temp' but take on full time after 3 months or so ..

[url]www.jobserve.co.uk[/url]

Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions - will pass the info on!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764113
    2. WONGA REFUNDS DUE185923
    3. How dangerous is Donald trump?1747
    4. Any PS4 News Here29213609

See more discussions