Groups

Friends PS3 Being banned

Its because of the game sharing thing?
    How do I get it unbanned?

14 Comments

Yup, once it's banned that's it!!

keep it use it for offline games if your not gna play online games, such as assasins creed, uncharted 2 etc or you could sell it you will get a little bit for it which you can put towards a new ps3

game sharing thing???

wow - banned from something you don't have to pay for! that's harsh!!!

Haha. He shouldn't have modded/chipped played copies on it.haha

I didnt know they were banning people for it? How many games did he share?

Original Poster

whatsThePoint;7968977

it will be banned for life, get a new one

Pretty sure its not :thumbsup: Seen a thread on here saying you ring them up and they de-authorise all the other PS3s and then your allowed to go back on PSN?

DVS_Dee;7969008

Yup, once it's banned that's it!!

As above

teshnit;7969020

keep it use it for offline games if your not gna play online games, such … keep it use it for offline games if your not gna play online games, such as assasins creed, uncharted 2 etc or you could sell it you will get a little bit for it which you can put towards a new ps3

I have a PS3 :thumbsup: And he was gonna sell it to put it for a new one.

ANTLOOB;7969023

game sharing thing???

Where you lend someone your account so they can download some stuff that account has purchased.
    Your allowed to do it with 5 other consoles.

massmail666;7969074

is the console banned or just the account? if its the account simply make … is the console banned or just the account? if its the account simply make a new one.

I'm sure its the console i'll ask him

aardvarking;7969087

wow - banned from something you don't have to pay for! that's harsh!!!

Steam? nuffsaid

richard0000;7969140

Fail

smallian;7969143

http://www.hardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1389806

Thanks but hes the only owner :thumbsup:

jknoxville;7969144

Probably more than the allowed amount of 5.
    There was a thread on here.
    I'll try ringing sony soon.

richard0000;7969140

Since when have you been able to play PS3 copies?

Probably more than the allowed amount of 5.There was a thread on … Probably more than the allowed amount of 5.There was a thread on here.I'll try ringing sony soon.

Do you mean 5 games, or that you can share each game five times? My understanding was you couldnt share with 6, you got a message saying "please delete gme from one or more accounts and try again"

I'm sharing about 7 games with my brother, am I at risk? It just saves me the hassle of taking my ps3 round his house, and seeing as they "allow" 5 DLs I can't see the problem, would be very annoyed it I got a permanent PSN ban for it.

Is it the same message as this one on youtube (for sexual harassment)
    youtube.com/wat…J2Q

Is it a ban from online and PSN shop and updates?

http://www.hardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1389806

That thread implies bans are for being very naughty @ "home" (sony's virtual world) or behaving badly online in some way. And a permanant ban for the console seems very hard considering there might be 5 or more useers of that console

Original Poster

Johnboy_1975;7974031

I didnt know they were banning people for it? How many games did he … I didnt know they were banning people for it? How many games did he share?Do you mean 5 games, or that you can share each game five times? My understanding was you couldnt share with 6, you got a message saying "please delete gme from one or more accounts and try again"I'm sharing about 7 games with my brother, am I at risk? It just saves me the hassle of taking my ps3 round his house, and seeing as they "allow" 5 DLs I can't see the problem, would be very annoyed it I got a permanent PSN ban for it. Is it the same message as this one on youtube (for sexual harassment)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icmwaBzxJ2QIs it a ban from online and PSN shop and updates?I'm not sure exactly what but I know he can't play onlineThat thread implies bans are for being very naughty @ "home" (sony's virtual world) or behaving badly online in some way. And a permanant ban for the console seems very hard considering there might be 5 or more useers of that console

I mean 5 different separate consoles.
    I've heard if you ring them up and ask them to de-authorise the other accounts your unbanned.
    He told me he got a message explaining about the game sharing and that he did share games with his friends.

I'll ring sony now mate.

Met-Cast;7977442

I mean 5 different separate consoles.I've heard if you ring them up and … I mean 5 different separate consoles.I've heard if you ring them up and ask them to de-authorise the other accounts your unbanned.He told me he got a message explaining about the game sharing and that he did share games with his friends.I'll ring sony now mate.

Curious as to why they would ban for this as they explicity allow sharing. Try deleting the game from one or more accounts - if he is sharing online with strangers I guess he could be storing up problems for himself, ie people have shared his details unbeknownst to him

Any chance of a cut and paste of the message??

Original Poster

Johnboy_1975;7977530

Curious as to why they would ban for this as they explicity allow … Curious as to why they would ban for this as they explicity allow sharing. Try deleting the game from one or more accounts - if he is sharing online with strangers I guess he could be storing up problems for himself, ie people have shared his details unbeknownst to himAny chance of a cut and paste of the message??

I've heard of it before.

I think its more of the authorising that PS3 with that account than having the games on there (they even ask you to de-authorise when your format your PS3).

Can't do nowhere near the PS3 at the moment but will try!

did you try it out at your house, microsoft just ban ip addresses sometimes
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73844477
      2. Fifa 18 web app Now active.22
      3. Important info for Ryanair customers1824
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826355

See more discussions