Groups

FROM PC TO TV, HOW?

My Girlfriend has a laptop, and her parent have a large plasma and on one of the channels it says PC, can the pc be hooked up the large plasma? if so does it look good or abit wierd?

how much is it do ?

Tank you for looking.

12 Comments

If the laptop has a TV out card then yeah, depends on the connection but it will probably have either phono or S-Video out, in which case you just buy a S-Video/phono to scart adaptor (around £3 - £4 on fleabay. or connect VGA to VGA
    Should look fine

You would have got a cable with it (VGA) and connect that and select "PC"!!! Its easy as that!!! :thumbsup:

we didnt get the cable i just got a vga to vga and we watch 4od and anything else we want-its brilliant!!!

Out of the back of mine ive got a DVI port so i got a DVI-HDMI adaptor and just used my standard HDMI cable to the TV

Banned

you need to hook up the sound aswell

you need something like this ]http//ww…t15
    you can no doubt get cheaper elsewhere though.

jocksteeluk;2366844

you need something like this … you need something like this ]http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=48585&doy=22m6&C=SO&U=strat15you can no doubt get cheaper elsewhere though.

Yeah - they're about £3 at eBuyer.

Maplin, man, how they've gone downhill. It's quite sad.

danby jason;2366824

you need to hook up the sound aswell

ooh your right i have the little plug-in from the headphone on the laptop to the coloured ones on the TV!! sorry!!

I'm thinking of replacing my TV with a media centre computer.

I just need a monitor that's CHEAPER than a new TV, yet still looks good... :thinking:

dxx;2366852

Yeah - they're about £3 at eBuyer. Maplin, man, how they've gone … Yeah - they're about £3 at eBuyer. Maplin, man, how they've gone downhill. It's quite sad.

yep maplin are expensive but it's down to there being no legitimate competition since Tandy became carphone warehouse.

The best way to connect them depends on what ports your laptop and TV has.

jocksteeluk;2367273

yep maplin are expensive but it's down to there being no legitimate … yep maplin are expensive but it's down to there being no legitimate competition since Tandy became carphone warehouse.

Aye, true. Although, the internet (or, just, eBay) can floor them easily. I went to my local branch about a week ago to buy some XLR connectors, and for sh*ts and giggles, checked the XLR prices on eBay on the bus there. N95s, awesome things so they are. I checked in Maplin, and they were asking £5 for a single connector. I needed three. eBay wanted £3 for an entire cable, male, female, and cable inbetween included. £1 extra for shipping, or something stupidly low like that. £7 for two whole cables, when Maplin wanted £15 for the connectors of one and a half. Sucks. And their phono to 3.5mm cables are more than twice the price they were last year, too.

I used to really like Maplin, too. Bah.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1219
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?28128
      3. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218
      4. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…33

See more discussions