Front and rear dashcam, ideally with fitting, for a BMW 435d Convertible?

Posted 30th Nov 2022 (Posted 22 h, 42 m ago)
Anyone got any recommendations for a front dashcam + rear camera for a 2019 BMW 435d convertible, please?

Ideally with a fitting service, to include parking protection, etc.

I have decided against the rear cameras that record from the windscreen, i.e. through the cabin.
Thanks
Community Updates
Misc
New Comment

5 Comments

sorted by
  1. Avatar
    Diesel convertible. Sexy.
    Author
    Not sure that inanimate objects ought be so described, but 313 PS and ~40 miles per gallon with constant four wheel drive and 8-speed auto has some appeal.

Either way, thanks for your comment.
  2. Avatar
    Just a thought, what happens when you put the roof down?
    I wonder if they can do a numberplate surround camera linked to a way of recording, similar to the ones used for a reverse camera.
  3. Avatar
    I was about to ask the same when the roof is down? I watched a video years ago where a guy in a convertible Mustang made some sort of bracket which fitted to the rear head rests but then the view out must be crap when the roof is up?
  4. Avatar
    Author
    Thanks @hubcams and @IAmATeaf. I figure I need a rear camera fitted externally, just haven't seen any that don't look horrible. I had hoped that either an aftermarket or OEM reversing mirror could be used.

My understanding is that the OEM reversing camera is fitted within a replacement boot handle, so is neither ugly nor likely to get knocked or cause whistling/road noise.

There are after-market reversing camera options, e.g. bimmer-tech.net/cat…321. Sadly a chat with Bimmer-Tech revealed that although there is an option for a front and rear camera, there is NO recording option! (edited)
Top Merchants