Front Door with side Panel - composite, security (not wood nor pvc)

Posted 23rd Nov
Anyone recently bought a front door? Looking for some advice on best materials what to avoid etc. I'd like a non wooden door, with a side glass panel. I currently have a wooden door it swells in the winter and is so difficult to lock sometimes. All advice welcome.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
Recently had a composite virtuoso door installed, we went for an extra wide door rather than having a side panel. Superb quality door
alictait23/11/2019 20:34

Recently had a composite virtuoso door installed, we went for an extra …Recently had a composite virtuoso door installed, we went for an extra wide door rather than having a side panel. Superb quality door

Did they tell you anything about the material/build of the door?
Composite is best, but remember the door is only as secure and solid as the mounting to the wall..... I’ve seen a few secure door frames secured to the walls with not much more than blue tack!
Monaco.Blue23/11/2019 20:44

Did they tell you anything about the material/build of the door?

Have a look on the Virtuoso website - quite a bit of info on it.
Really depends what UPVC Door installers are in your area as they dont tend to travel that far due to costs.
Plus you need someone local to come back for any snagging issues.
Just make sure they have a solid business and didnt start 3 months ago as may be gone in the next 3 months.
Dont use anyone who does not have a business address.
Check references on different websites.
Only pay deposit to order door and rest after completion.
Make sure they give you a guarantee/warranty certificate free.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants