Groups

frost free fridge frezer help!

I got a new frost free fridge freezer 2 weeks ago. Its so noisy!!! Makes a noise like the hot water tank does filling up. Anyone else have a frost free noisy fridge freezer? Also its too cold! I have it on the minimum setting as it was on number 1 and the back of the fridge was freezing. That cant be right can it? I am thinking about getting beko in to have a look at it

23 Comments

Banned

buy cheap you get noise buy expensive you get quiet

Original Poster

casparwhite;6428437

buy cheap you get noise buy expensive you get quiet

£300 isnt cheap! It was also the only one I could get to fit in the space I have

mine is very quiet, hotpoint. but me neighbours now sure of make sounds like it is constantly humming it drived me mad!!

Banned

bargainhunter2009;6428444

£300 isnt cheap! It was also the only one I could get to fit in the space … £300 isnt cheap! It was also the only one I could get to fit in the space I have

300 quid for a fridge freezer is dirt cheap mate.....look at the brand you are buying into.....the very bottom of quality

sorry but its the truth

Original Poster

casparwhite;6428497

300 quid for a fridge freezer is dirt cheap mate.....look at the brand … 300 quid for a fridge freezer is dirt cheap mate.....look at the brand you are buying into.....the very bottom of qualitysorry but its the truth

well the reviews were good, think I will get them in to have a look. I was going to get a Hotpoint but didnt like the look of it

Banned

bargainhunter2009;6428524

well the reviews were good, think I will get them in to have a look. I … well the reviews were good, think I will get them in to have a look. I was going to get a Hotpoint but didnt like the look of it

maybe you got a faulty 1 but ime all cheap ff make a noise if not at first then 6 months down the line...... doesnt matter when its just a cheap beer fridge for the garrage but if its gonna be in the house :x

Original Poster

I have just called them, they are going to send an engineer out next week. Thanks. Also just found out comet and laskys the same company! Never knew that before

Original Poster

casparwhite;6428547

maybe you got a faulty 1 but ime all cheap ff make a noise if not at … maybe you got a faulty 1 but ime all cheap ff make a noise if not at first then 6 months down the line...... doesnt matter when its just a cheap beer fridge for the garrage but if its gonna be in the house :x

Yeh, far too noisy for the house. Think prob is I took the door off in the kitchen as its small in my kitchen, so may put that back on. The back of the fridge is freezing even though its on minimum which is clearly a fault.

Does it ever turn itself off (cooling wise) or can you hear it constantly running.

Maybe faulty temperature sensing leading to it being on 24/7, which isn't going to do the leccy bill any good either.

Original Poster

greg_68;6428705

Does it ever turn itself off (cooling wise) or can you hear it constantly … Does it ever turn itself off (cooling wise) or can you hear it constantly running.Maybe faulty temperature sensing leading to it being on 24/7, which isn't going to do the leccy bill any good either.

It does go off after a while, then starts again. Its more than a fan noise, its sort of a whooshing sound! Not using too much electric as I have a British Gas meter thingy and its not using much

It sounds like a thermostat fault on the freezer. My hoover fridge freezer is 5 years old and started doing the same thing last week. Sometimes leaving it off for 24 hours and back on can help but of course you can't do that if you have food in it and it shouldn't do it if it is new. I would actually not let the engineer repair it either if it is new. I would ask for a replacement immediately

Original Poster

Leila70;6428727

It sounds like a thermostat fault on the freezer. My hoover fridge … It sounds like a thermostat fault on the freezer. My hoover fridge freezer is 5 years old and started doing the same thing last week. Sometimes leaving it off for 24 hours and back on can help but of course you can't do that if you have food in it and it shouldn't do it if it is new. I would actually not let the engineer repair it either if it is new. I would ask for a replacement immediately

They said if engineer comes round, and sees a fault as its withing 28 days of me purchasing it I can ask for a new one at that stage. It must be faulty, I hope so anyway as I dont want to have to put up with it like that

what model is it? Just chose a Beko for my elderly mother

Original Poster

5757alan;6428909

what model is it? Just chose a Beko for my elderly mother

its a beko cda543fs - siilver

It sounds to me that the refrigerant hasn't settled properly. You did leave it at least 6 hours once it was delivered before turning it on didn't you? If not, if you can, try turning it off for 6 hours and then back on again, see what happens.

also if its a true frost free it should have 2 temp dials, 1 for fzr and one for fridge

bargainhunter2009;6428950

its a beko cda543fs - siilver

CDA563F ... so thats a plus - fingers crossed

5757alan;6431077

CDA563F ... so thats a plus - fingers crossed

will be the same mechanics though probably just different capacities 543 / 563

Banned

bargainhunter2009;6428813

It must be faulty

in your expert opinion?

Banned

you want to hear my fridge, it was nearly £200, a hotpoint one, it sounds bleedin awful and has done since i got it, its like s a ghostly sound

Is the place it is located very warm. What I mean is, is it having to cool itself down before cooling the contents.
    Is there enough air flow at the back. Can you move it out a bit.
    Just thoughts

greg_68;6431103

will be the same mechanics though probably just different capacities 543 … will be the same mechanics though probably just different capacities 543 / 563

Profit of doom ... lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. VM Super Hub 3 printer issues11
      2. laptop for editing 4k videos (3840×2160p 30 fps)22
      3. Swtiching to Galaxy from Iphone-Advice?11
      4. Best tablet for 100-150? Quid45

See more discussions