Fruit lovers. Cheapest prepared fruit?

Posted 18th Oct
Good Morning HUKD!!
Happy Friday people

I forgot my lunchbox today and wanted to know which supermarket was best for buying precut, prepackaged pineapple/mango.

It’s a long shot and not an end of world question but any help is greatly appreciated.

Stay beautiful now
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments

Surely you just go to the closest shop and buy something to eat? Do you really have time on your lunch break to go out and find the cheapest fruit to save 50p?

I really don't understand some people's logic.
11 Comments
Good morning.
Unfortunately, I know nothing about precut fruit.
Sorry.
Have a good day.
Tinned is cheaper than the fridge packs, the del monte ones have a ring pull so can open at your desk
Tesco ones are pretty good. Nothing special but still good for lunch
Just buy some pineapple chunks in a tin in their own juice. Heaps cheaper than the pre cut stuff, just as good for you and the packaging is much more easily recycled. Not keen on that idea? Just to buy an Apple and an orange loose. No plastic at all involved then
Edited by: "psychobitchfromhell" 18th Oct
I'd say Tesco you can get a meal deal for £3 with a big pot of fruit, a innocent smoothie and a wrap/ sandwich. I think it's a really good deal.
Radical thinking here, how about an apple or banana freshly prepared by nature and no plastic involved I wonder how some people actually survive when these type of questions are asked..
Edited by: "thomasleep" 18th Oct

Surely you just go to the closest shop and buy something to eat? Do you really have time on your lunch break to go out and find the cheapest fruit to save 50p?

I really don't understand some people's logic.
666FU18/10/2019 09:43

Surely you just go to the closest shop and buy something to … Surely you just go to the closest shop and buy something to eat? Do you really have time on your lunch break to go out and find the cheapest fruit to save 50p?I really don't understand some people's logic.

But I thought HUKD is my own personal army.
Walk to nearest shop. Buy an apple. Return to work. Is it really any harder than that?
Oh wow. I didn’t realise asking a question would rile people up so much

For those choosing to judge me it’s Friday and I didn’t have time to replenish my fruit bowl. Ive already had oranges, peaches and apricots this week but how could you have know that.

Thank you everyone trying to help like a community should, and not just criticise. I hadn’t thought about tinned but glad I’m glad I went with your choices.
raz46918/10/2019 12:43

Oh wow. I didn’t realise asking a question would rile people up so much ( …Oh wow. I didn’t realise asking a question would rile people up so much For those choosing to judge me it’s Friday and I didn’t have time to replenish my fruit bowl. Ive already had oranges, peaches and apricots this week but how could you have know that. Thank you everyone trying to help like a community should, and not just criticise. I hadn’t thought about tinned but glad I’m glad I went with your choices.

Fruit is over rated anyways. Can't even remember when last I had any, probably get my 5 a month though.
Cheap multivitamin every morning and eat whatever junk I like has served me well for many years.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants