Fruit too dear

Found 1st Dec 2017
Who agrees fruit should be cheaper than mars bars etc ? 4 mars bars a pound 4 apple is £1-50 min !
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Where the heck are you buying your apples from?
9 Comments
Where the heck are you buying your apples from?
Skip the supermarkets and find a good green grocer. I’ve been buying from a little stall near my work station in central London and the quality is amazing. £2.50 for a pound of cherries, £1.80 for a big punnet of grapes, £1 for raspberries... beats the rubbish I used to get from sainsburies
What annoys me is when you get many people moaning they can not afford to eat healthy, and then they go to there local chip shop and buy a burger, chips and a can of coke for around £8, I could make 3 or 4 salad meals easily for that money.

There was a story recently were a family were running low on money so had to order one £12 pizza to share between a family of 4 and the delivery person felt sorry for them and later went back with more pizza and drinks out of his own money, But if I was down to my last £12 I would have made my way to the local supermarket were I could have used that £12 to buy enough food for 3 or 4 family meals.

4 years ago me and my wife lost are jobs and we have been there and lived on benefits, but with common sense and living by your means you can budget and don't have to go hungary or eat unhealthy, also What made it harder at the time was we had to top are rent up by £45 a week but we still managed, luckily we had no debts and neither of us smoke and rarely drink.
Told you in another thread earlier today when you said this exact load of rubbish that you was making stuff up...
Edited by: "RossD89" 1st Dec 2017
SOUTHWALES1 h, 30 m ago

What annoys me is when you get many people moaning they can not afford to …What annoys me is when you get many people moaning they can not afford to eat healthy, and then they go to there local chip shop and buy a burger, chips and a can of coke for around £8, I could make 3 or 4 salad meals easily for that money.There was a story recently were a family were running low on money so had to order one £12 pizza to share between a family of 4 and the delivery person felt sorry for them and later went back with more pizza and drinks out of his own money, But if I was down to my last £12 I would have made my way to the local supermarket were I could have used that £12 to buy enough food for 3 or 4 family meals.4 years ago me and my wife lost are jobs and we have been there and lived on benefits, but with common sense and living by your means you can budget and don't have to go hungary or eat unhealthy, also What made it harder at the time was we had to top are rent up by £45 a week but we still managed, luckily we had no debts and neither of us smoke and rarely drink.

£8 for burger chips and a can? Damn.
SOUTHWALES1 h, 49 m ago

What annoys me is when you get many people moaning they can not afford to …What annoys me is when you get many people moaning they can not afford to eat healthy, and then they go to there local chip shop and buy a burger, chips and a can of coke for around £8, I could make 3 or 4 salad meals easily for that money.There was a story recently were a family were running low on money so had to order one £12 pizza to share between a family of 4 and the delivery person felt sorry for them and later went back with more pizza and drinks out of his own money, But if I was down to my last £12 I would have made my way to the local supermarket were I could have used that £12 to buy enough food for 3 or 4 family meals.4 years ago me and my wife lost are jobs and we have been there and lived on benefits, but with common sense and living by your means you can budget and don't have to go hungary or eat unhealthy, also What made it harder at the time was we had to top are rent up by £45 a week but we still managed, luckily we had no debts and neither of us smoke and rarely drink.

Just curious on what chippy can charge £8 for burger (standard £1.40, £2.40 quarter pounder, £3.60 half pounder)
chips (£1.40 small, £2 large)
Can of coke (£0.60-0.70)

Prices are from my local.

I agree on the £12, buying food from a super market (Aldi is great) is way better than ordering a £12 pizza... Heck, they could've bought a couple of Good Fellas pizzas for that price and just throw em in the oven.
Edited by: "kos1c" 1st Dec 2017
SOUTHWALES7 h, 49 m ago

You two need to get a life.
Fruit is expensive in the supermarkets so if you are on low income, you could not afford to load the trolley full of fruit as the bill would be very high. My parents used to buy fruit from the outside markets, which were so much cheaper than the supermarkets but they were of poorer quality
mutley137 m ago

Fruit is expensive in the supermarkets so if you are on low income, you …Fruit is expensive in the supermarkets so if you are on low income, you could not afford to load the trolley full of fruit as the bill would be very high. My parents used to buy fruit from the outside markets, which were so much cheaper than the supermarkets but they were of poorer quality

How did you know they were of poorer quality? Did you check them for quality and compare them with others which cost more?

Also, fruit isn't expensive in supermarkets.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants