Groups

FS or Trade: Modified K750i/W800i - Advice On Price Needed

Banned
    Hi there - This was my old phone - which I replaced in June due to it being a couple of years old.

I bought it as a K750i - however i flashed the software (legally) to a w800i. This means it has the better w800i software - so the music player software is better. It also means it has "flight mode."

I kept the original k750i case on however.

Another thing I did - I made the keypad glow orange (I'll try and show it in the pics.) This meant taking the case off the phone, and putting a small piece of orangey/see through plastic thing there. It doesn't affect the performance of the keypad or joystick.

One button has popped off the keyboard - the "right soft key" - as you can see in the pics. The case is a bit scruffy and has quite a few scratches, you will see this in the pics. Its not that it has been treated bad - just a couple of years worth of wear and tear.

Of course the phone still works fine, I have encountered no problems with it. To be honest it seems the only thing needs doing is maybe a new case and new keypad because of the missing button.

The phone will come in the box and with the instruction manual and the charger.

Pics will be added below very shortly.

Not sure of how much to sell for - open to offers for trades aswell.

Any questions feel free to ask..

10 Comments

[SIZE=2][COLOR=#006400]This message is being inserted in all For Sale or Trade forum threads.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][COLOR=#0000ff]Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that either party is genuine by providing the following via PM to each other and to Admin or a Moderator:[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][COLOR=#0000ff]

1] Landline[/COLOR][COLOR=#8b0000] telephone number Make a CALL to check out the area code and number are correct too!
    [/COLOR][COLOR=blue]2][/COLOR][COLOR=blue] Name and address[/COLOR][COLOR=#8b0000] including postcode
    [/COLOR][COLOR=blue]3][/COLOR][COLOR=blue] Valid e-mail[/COLOR][COLOR=#8b0000] address [no disposable addresses such as @gmail or @yahoo for example].
    [/COLOR][COLOR=blue]4][/COLOR][COLOR=blue] Using PayPal[/COLOR][COLOR=#8b0000] then check out eBay feedback if there is any and make a small payment to and from each other to validate the PayPal e-mail address.
    [/COLOR][COLOR=blue]5][/COLOR][COLOR=blue] If possible[/COLOR][COLOR=#8b0000], [/COLOR][COLOR=#8b0000]collect and pay for items in person
    [/COLOR][COLOR=blue]6][/COLOR][COLOR=blue] Only buy [/COLOR][COLOR=#8b0000]from Verified PayPal Members if possible[/COLOR][COLOR=#8b0000].

[COLOR=Blue]Do NOT[/COLOR] proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to [COLOR=Blue]check out these details yourself.[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE] [SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][COLOR=#8b0000]
    [COLOR=Blue]Offer and acceptance of trade or sale[/COLOR] must be posted in relevant thread. [COLOR=Blue]You must NOT[/COLOR] deal by PM only.[COLOR=Blue]

You must NOT[/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][COLOR=#8b0000]have items for sale or trade elsewhere online if listed here and[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][COLOR=#8b0000] [COLOR=Blue]NOT[/COLOR] [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][COLOR=#8b0000]'bump' your thread more than a [COLOR=Blue]total of 2 times.[/COLOR]

[/COLOR][COLOR=SeaGreen]NOTE[/COLOR][COLOR=#8b0000]: [/COLOR][COLOR=blue]Please post images [COLOR=DarkRed]of the actual items for sale[/COLOR] [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=1][COLOR=#0000ff]][COLOR=green]>> See Here [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE] [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][COLOR=DarkRed]To show[/COLOR][COLOR=blue][COLOR=DarkRed] the condition and that you have the items in your possession. [COLOR=Blue]Thanks![/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Purple]
    [/COLOR] [/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]][COLOR=Purple]>> Forum Rules/Guidelines Here [/SIZE] [SIZE=2]][COLOR=DarkOrange]>> Code of Conduct Here [/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=2]][COLOR=Green]>> Leave Feedback Here [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Original Poster Banned

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/5364/spa0137ol8.th.jpg
    http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/8199/spa0138xg1.th.jpg
    http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/9410/spa0143cm0.th.jpg
    http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9369/spa0139ec1.th.jpg
    http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/6931/spa0140oi8.th.jpg

Need to state a price please.

Original Poster Banned

Could only fit 5 in one post - so other 2 are here:

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/3848/spa0141mw7.th.jpg
    http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/1250/spa0142ci6.th.jpg

Original Poster Banned

Forgot to mention, phone is unlocked.

If anyone wants anymore pics just ask

Ray, don't have a price in mind, is it ok to just let buyers offer?

You do need to state a price. I'll move this to the Miscellaneous forum if you would like to ask there what it's worth approximately? Or start a thread there and this can be moved back when you know?

Original Poster Banned

Thanks.

Anyone got any suggestions for a price? Cheers

Its a shame that its the 'lock keypad' button thats fallen off!

I have one of these myself and have done same firrmware mod, its a big difference albeit a cost free mod.

Cex buys a "normal" unboxed & unlocked K750i for £33 or £43 cash depending on condition.

They would not take it with the missing button - and also the firmware would have to be reverted to k750i before they took it. Again a free process.

All things considered I'd say you're prob looking £25-£30 the way it is, more if you sort the missing button out...

Original Poster Banned

Cheers Rob.

Unfortunately, there is no CEX near me so don't think i can take that option

I can quite easily flash it back to K750i firmware like you said - if that's what the buyer would want.

Yeah, the problem does seem to be the button - as it is you can still press it but yeah its awkward and needs replacing.

Thanks for the advice

No problemo. IMHO the best thing you can do is replace the keypad then sell it as modded. It should fetch more than the cex price, that was just a guide, and save the hassle of reflashing it.

I just had a go at prising the front off mine but didn't have the balls haha didn't want to crack the fascia or scratch the lcd! but managed to get the back off ok to clean the lens. you must have got a steady hand to do the front!

Good luck with the sale anyway - I believe [url]www.cnn.cn[/url] are good for spare fascias and keypads
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…66
      2. wharf comp - win a michael grant watch - email entry only22
      3. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card11
      4. computer active mag comp - win one of two y-cam protect alarm systems worth…44

See more discussions