Found 31st Oct 2010
I have a thread which i've bumped 3 times and the last bump was 12 days ago.

Can i relist or do i now need to expire and then wait 7 days?

Thanks in advance

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
21 Comments

doesnt it need to be locked for 7 days (which u can now do yourself if u log in via fo.lk)

Go to FOLK and close thread and the u can relist straight away

nessynoo01

Go to FOLK and close thread and the u can relist straight away

7 days from last comment

you need to lock it-not expire it

I think it does need to be locked for 7 days

from the FS rules

All threads should be closed, it's your responsibility to manage your … All threads should be closed, it's your responsibility to manage your threads yourself. If you did not manage to sell your item or if your thread is lying dormant, you must request for it to be closed at least seven days before it's relisted. Any items from closed threads cannot be offered in other threads for at least seven days.

Edited by: "bossyboots" 31st Oct 2010

Original Poster

So if i lock via FOLK i can relist now but thats only because the last comment was over 7 days?

If the comment was only 6 days i could still lock via FOLK but would i then need to wait 1 day or a further 7?

Original Poster

barky

you need to lock it-not expire it

Ye whoops, thats what i meant.

Starr

So if i lock via FOLK i can relist now but thats only because the last … So if i lock via FOLK i can relist now but thats only because the last comment was over 7 days?If the comment was only 6 days i could still lock via FOLK but would i then need to wait 1 day or a further 7?

pretty sure you need to wait 7 days from locking

Original Poster

bossyboots

I think it does need to be locked for 7 daysfrom the FS rules

barky

I thought that too, but im sure i read something somewhere suggesting otherwise.

barky

yip thats the way it always was - unless its changed recently - but never heard that you can relist 7 days after last post?

Starr - I've clicked report and asked if a mod can help!
Edited by: "bossyboots" 31st Oct 2010

Original Poster

Thanks BB, ill go make a cuppa and wait, and maybe cook some food, then run my bath

I jest mods
Edited by: "Starr" 31st Oct 2010

Banned

it is 7 days from last post, (thread needs to be locked though) so lock it via folk yourself now and as long as last post was over 7 days you can relist

Edited by: "sassie" 31st Oct 2010

Lock doesn't work if you expire known bug.

Original Poster

sassie

it is 7 days from last post, so lock it via folk yoiurself now and as … it is 7 days from last post, so lock it via folk yoiurself now and as long as last post was over 7 days you can relist

Good times, thought i read it somewhere.

Banned

once locked via fo lk do remember to check on here it is locked

supermod

Hi - if you self close the thread via folk or report the thread for MOD closure via FS/T, once closed/locked then items can be relisted 7 days from the last thread comment. So if no recent comments (8days+) then items can be relisted immediately (check lock symbol is displayed though on previous thread as this will confirm no further posts can be submitted via the old thread).
Edited by: "sigma" 31st Oct 2010

Banned

sigma

Hi - if you self close the thread via folk or report the thread for MOD … Hi - if you self close the thread via folk or report the thread for MOD closure via FS/T, once closed/locked then items can be relisted 7 days from the last thread comment. So if no recent comments (8days+) then items can be relisted immediately (check lock symbol is displayed though on previous thread as this will confirm no further posts can be submitted via the old thread).

are you going to update the rules with that to save any future confusion?

Banned

colin it already has been

(19) When a thread is expired, closed or removed from the FS/FT or FO.LK forum, the same items must NOT be relisted until a period of at least SEVEN DAYS from the last activity in the closed thread has passed. Those same items must NOT be listed or offered in ANY other active thread. * It's YOUR responsibility to close your active threads BEFORE relisting.

supermod

colinsunderland

are you going to update the rules with that to save any future confusion?

The rules currently state 'last activity' in regards to the 7 days relist rule on FS/T :

When a thread is expired, closed or removed from the FS/FT or FO.LK … When a thread is expired, closed or removed from the FS/FT or FO.LK forum, the same items must NOT be relisted until a period of at least SEVEN DAYS from the last activity in the closed thread has passed. Those same items must NOT be listed or offered in ANY other active thread. * It's YOUR responsibility to close your active threads BEFORE relisting.

But the rules are currently undergoing a complete review so hopefully members will find the new version much clearer and easier to follow, so please bear with us during the review process.

Thanks Sigma

Original Poster

Thanks for input everyone.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What's this on my neighbours roof?1415
    2. Foo fighters presale code.1615
    3. Foo fighters pre sale code22
    4. Building a PC Need Help!22

See more discussions