FS/FT section has become the go to place for ebay/amazon marketplace links

What is with every thread started in FS/FT with people pointing out how much something is on eBay or Amazon, or how much CEX will give you..

Its not ASK, I am not asking for the best price elsewhere, I am asking for either someone to sell me something for a price, or for someone to buy off me for a price i advertise..

Im quite capable of using the internet, I know how to browse for best prices but I decided to post here in the hopes of using this sites feature. If i want to buy something do people not realise i went looking for it, did not find it for what I wanted and then came here. its not like im so inept at online shopping my first port of call is the For Sale section of the site.

I've been a member for 9+ years yet i have a 2 week old member listing Amazon marketplace prices for me. or stating it was £4.80 on ebay 3 week ago.

"but I was only trying to help" "sod you then" "bad attitude"

you dont list something on ebay and then get floods of emails telling you CEX will give you £10 for it.

and thats when someone isnt saying oh it was £xxx 12 weeks ago, your profiteering selling it for £3.00 more.

54 Comments

Banned

Probably should be in feedback mate. Then again, you might not get an answer

Original Poster

MrScotchBonnet

Probably should be in feedback mate. Then again, you might not get an … Probably should be in feedback mate. Then again, you might not get an answer

I was going to, but then I thought no one will see it lol. more of a rant, as pretty sure nothing will happen about it.

Hari's on the warpath!

http://i67.tinypic.com/vzelmo.gif

Original Poster

Mark2111

Hari's on the warpath!

Seriously its one thing that irritates me..

"I thought I would use this part of the internet tonight."
Made me lol.

Jumpingphil

Have I got this right then?You want to buy something and people are … Have I got this right then?You want to buy something and people are telling you where to get it cheaper, and you are moaning. oOBut hey, you have been here 9+ years so you know best.You say you are "quite capable of using the internet" really?

​You've miss understood. He is the seller, people are saying he has listed his price higher than what Amazon, Cex and the likes will sell you the same product.

Tbh, I thought some people who point it out politely are doing the seller a favour.

If you're selling a game for £25 but Cex are selling it for £20, and almost everyone knows this. They are pointing out the lack of interest in your fs/ft may be due to a high asking point.

With the profiteering issue. Some people blatantly were trying to profiteer on a deal a week after (amazon fire sticks after the £20 buys etc). That I feel members are now stuck in the routine to point out this rule more often than not. Profiteering isn't allowed by the sites rules, selling for rrp or below and then extra postage ontop is fine.

I had to make another comment for this.

"but I was only trying to help" "sod you then" "bad attitude"

It's like a bad deal. When a poster defends the deal as much as they can, getting touchy they've posted something no one else is interested in. Attitude gets worse and worse and people bicker more, instead of moving on.

It's the same for fs/ft, I'd rather be polite and break the news their item they have just listed is on sale for much cheaper and it's why no one has shown any sign of interest in their 10 hour post thats been bumped.

If people are posting eBay/Amazon/CeX links as a way to bargain with the seller then why not?
If they are posting links when they have no intent of buying themselves then I'd say they are interfering in something unless the price asked is exploitative in which case they are doing a service for the community.
HUKD selling prices don't always have to be cheaper than anywhere else so let the real buyers do their due diligence.

You are obviously selling items too high, people are pointing it out, you get salty and take it personally.

Check prices before selling, or others will do it for you

The '9+ years members' superiority thing is a bit off putting, you're just another one of 1560059 members on here, nothing more nothing less.

hari certainly used to be right, that would be thread spoiling - with the rules 'evolving' not sure now
the only time you were allowed to post stuff like that was when it was more than a retail shop or proven profiteering
if he wants to list it higher than some place its up to him or offer lower then so is that

certainly i made one fs/ft many moons ago and some tube posted an incorrect comparison and i got no interest - either my thread was ruined or i smell - obviously i go with the former

Edited by: "brilly" 22nd Oct 2016

I wonder which part of the internet Hari will be using today...with his snotty attitude
http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/files/ftpuploads/bloguploads/laughing-gifs-pillow-cover.gif

Hari', I love your rant's. You get my sympathy vote. X)

Original Poster

Sorry guys a lot of you have misunderstood.

Its not me selling so much as me wanting to buy, so for instance

I say I want PS3 game for £5.00, ive looked around and its the average price.

but then I get people saying its £7 on amazon its £8 on ebay.... I know it is hence why I came here and asked for it for £5.00..

airfix

The '9+ years members' superiority thing is a bit off putting, you're … The '9+ years members' superiority thing is a bit off putting, you're just another one of 1560059 members on here, nothing more nothing less.

Its not a superiority thing its just when someone who has been a member for 2 weeks tries to tell me I am using FS/FT wrong, its condescending, I think having a good long run on here its more likely you know the rules already etc. I do not think i have anymore right to be on here than that 2 week member, but dont teach grandma to suck eggs.

Jumpingphil

Have I got this right then?You want to buy something and people are … Have I got this right then?You want to buy something and people are telling you where to get it cheaper, and you are moaning. oOBut hey, you have been here 9+ years so you know best.You say you are "quite capable of using the internet" really?

No you have it completely wrong as per usual, but because its me you will try to belittle me Phil..

I want to buy it for a set price and people are telling me other sites have it more expensive, how is that helpful at all?
Edited by: "haritori" 22nd Oct 2016

Original Poster

kos1c

​You've miss understood. He is the seller, people are saying he has l … ​You've miss understood. He is the seller, people are saying he has listed his price higher than what Amazon, Cex and the likes will sell you the same product. Tbh, I thought some people who point it out politely are doing the seller a favour. If you're selling a game for £25 but Cex are selling it for £20, and almost everyone knows this. They are pointing out the lack of interest in your fs/ft may be due to a high asking point. With the profiteering issue. Some people blatantly were trying to profiteer on a deal a week after (amazon fire sticks after the £20 buys etc). That I feel members are now stuck in the routine to point out this rule more often than not. Profiteering isn't allowed by the sites rules, selling for rrp or below and then extra postage ontop is fine.

Other way round, I am not the seller.

Original Poster

benjammin316

You are obviously selling items too high, people are pointing it out, you … You are obviously selling items too high, people are pointing it out, you get salty and take it personally.Check prices before selling, or others will do it for you

Im not selling I wanted to buy.

OK lets relate this to the post!

I wanted a Sonic game, it goes for on average used £5.00, CEX offer £4.00 for it, I offered £5.00 for it. I already looked all over the usual selling places for it but it was coming in at £7-£8 with delivery.

Im in no rush so try my luck on here, say ill pay £5.00

and I get people with no experience of FS/FT, never sold anything, never bought anything, have recently joined the site, and all they do is link me to the £7-£8 prices I already know about, and then take offense when I want to use this site as thats the whole point of me getting it for a reasonable price, I myself am contributing to the FSFT community, by wanting to buy from a member who may have it a little cheaper.

I dont care they are new, I welcome them to the site, hope they can join in, but I do think that if you are new and have no experience of the site rules or how the community works, are they the best people to get upset because they assume I haven't already looked elsewhere.

Original Poster

dereklogan7

Hari', I love your rant's. You get my sympathy vote. X)

Glad someone give it me

haritori

I say I want PS3 game for £5.00, ive looked around and its the average … I say I want PS3 game for £5.00, ive looked around and its the average price. but then I get people saying its £7 on amazon its £8 on ebay.... I know it is hence why I came here and asked for it for £5.00..

So you're upset that another member is trying to help sellers get market value for their items?

Does your 9 years of service mean you get to pay less than market value for something? This is a community where people should be able to buy and sell things with confidence, and surely that should include the sense of wellbeing that comes with not getting taken advantage of by other members shouldn't it?
Edited by: "HotEnglishAndWelshDeals" 22nd Oct 2016

The tide is social networking behaviour, cannot change this except by policing by moderators or by site developer giving deal FS/FT OP a tool to delete the unwelcome comments, rather like MISC posts, it is uncontrollable except by moderators.

Original Poster

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

So you're upset that another member is trying to help sellers get market … So you're upset that another member is trying to help sellers get market value for their items? Does your 9 years of service mean you get to pay less than market value for something? This is a community where people should be able to buy and sell things with confidence, and surely that should include the sense of wellbeing that comes with not getting taken advantage of by other members shouldn't it?

another ignorant post, Im paying over the market value,

Technically Im paying over 'Wholesale Used Value', I am looking to save on the resale value, what's so hard to understand?

What's the point in FS FT if we cannot expect to save a bit of money?

most vouchers sell for 80% of value, lots of things sell below value thats why it exists, Am I the only person who uses it to save money? on a shopping forum designed to save money? yet most of you think i shouldn't expect too?

Its the same here and the same on AV Forums, Craigslist, Loot, Autotrader etc etc... its nothing new.

AND ONCE AGAIN! I was the one Buying!

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

So you're upset that another member is trying to help sellers get market … So you're upset that another member is trying to help sellers get market value for their items? Does your 9 years of service mean you get to pay less than market value for something? This is a community where people should be able to buy and sell things with confidence, and surely that should include the sense of wellbeing that comes with not getting taken advantage of by other members shouldn't it?

are they helping them get market value though? what was the average sale value when you looked into this?
hari is also willing to take it disc only

either way... its their choice to sell or not an may want to do so to build feedback or just take part in a more 'friendly' community

also, looking at haris thread it has been cleaned so obviously op was right (as was i naturally) and it was thread spoiling

haritori

What is with every thread started in FS/FT with people pointing out … What is with every thread started in FS/FT with people pointing out how much something is on eBay or Amazon, or how much CEX will give you..Its not ASK, I am not asking for the best price elsewhere, I am asking for either someone to sell me something for a price, or for someone to buy off me for a price i advertise..Im quite capable of using the internet, I know how to browse for best prices but I decided to post here in the hopes of using this sites feature. If i want to buy something do people not realise i went looking for it, did not find it for what I wanted and then came here. its not like im so inept at online shopping my first port of call is the For Sale section of the site.I've been a member for 9+ years yet i have a 2 week old member listing Amazon marketplace prices for me. or stating it was £4.80 on ebay 3 week ago."but I was only trying to help" "sod you then" "bad attitude"you dont list something on ebay and then get floods of emails telling you CEX will give you £10 for it.and thats when someone isnt saying oh it was £xxx 12 weeks ago, your profiteering selling it for £3.00 more.

Anyone should be able to think either 1/ do nothing 2/ and post a name outside of the usual suspect of names like Amazon, eBAY, CEX, Marks and Spencer, ASDA, Tesco, Poundland ..... like at one time people used to say, don't forget TCP or Quidco.

worst thing on fs/ft atm is the mods spamming the rules in random threads as if the ops have done something wrong
should either be a disclaimer or an auto-tag
....that and cheapskates like hari trying to steal the clothes off the backs of our members!

Edited by: "brilly" 22nd Oct 2016

Original Poster

LOL. Ive learnt my lesson

It seems its better if I avoid buying and selling on HUKD after all its clearly been pointed out that the community wants to keep it as marketplace with no more than +1% -1% value deviation from the major online sellers

brilly

worst thing on fs/ft atm is the mods spamming the rules in random threads … worst thing on fs/ft atm is the mods spamming the rules in random threads as if the ops have done something wrongshould either be a disclaimer or an auto-tag....that and cheapskates like hari trying to steal the clothes off the backs of our members!

haritori

What is with every thread started in FS/FT with people pointing out … What is with every thread started in FS/FT with people pointing out how much something is on eBay or Amazon, or how much CEX will give you..Its not ASK, I am not asking for the best price elsewhere, I am asking for either someone to sell me something for a price, or for someone to buy off me for a price i advertise..Im quite capable of using the internet, I know how to browse for best prices but I decided to post here in the hopes of using this sites feature. If i want to buy something do people not realise i went looking for it, did not find it for what I wanted and then came here. its not like im so inept at online shopping my first port of call is the For Sale section of the site.I've been a member for 9+ years yet i have a 2 week old member listing Amazon marketplace prices for me. or stating it was £4.80 on ebay 3 week ago."but I was only trying to help" "sod you then" "bad attitude"you dont list something on ebay and then get floods of emails telling you CEX will give you £10 for it.and thats when someone isnt saying oh it was £xxx 12 weeks ago, your profiteering selling it for £3.00 more.

Hey I agree, if someone even said 'Amazon' or 'Ebay' have it for less than you want to pay id appreciate it,

but its the flood of listing marketplace sellers at a value above what your willing to pay and they act like they are doing you a favour, and become all upset when you point out how unhelpful it actually is.

I've got an old copy of Sonic but I only sell to members who've been here at least 10 years...sorry mate

haritori

LOL. Ive learnt my lessonIt seems its better if I avoid buying and … LOL. Ive learnt my lessonIt seems its better if I avoid buying and selling on HUKD after all its clearly been pointed out that the community wants to keep it as marketplace with no more than +1% -1% value deviation from the major online sellers Hey I agree, if someone even said 'Amazon' or 'Ebay' have it for less than you want to pay id appreciate it, but its the flood of listing marketplace sellers at a value above what your willing to pay and they act like they are doing you a favour, and become all upset when you point out how unhelpful it actually is.

obviously the fees on ebay/amazon are the same as here to be fully relevant

Original Poster

brilly

obviously the fees on ebay/amazon are the same as here to be fully … obviously the fees on ebay/amazon are the same as here to be fully relevant

Obviously!

and I should also point out that I have been given items free of charge in the past, and I have done that myself to others, as HUKD does have a great community.

Also my pointing out my length of membership seems to be a bone of contention today, yet when comps or giveaways are run on here by members they always factor in the time of membership and amount of comments, not sure why I was targeted as being pretentious with it.

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

http://i66.tinypic.com/2zywlc1.gif

Seriously? It's the weekend, can't you put your trolling on hold for just a couple of days?

haritori

Obviously!and I should also point out that I have been given items free … Obviously!and I should also point out that I have been given items free of charge in the past, and I have done that myself to others, as HUKD does have a great community.Also my pointing out my length of membership seems to be a bone of contention today, yet when comps or giveaways are run on here by members they always factor in the time of membership and amount of comments, not sure why I was targeted as being pretentious with it.

you should have said you had 10 badges

If something is higher than CEX it won't sell on here.

If you are trying to buy something considerably less than CEX buy then you won't find any sellers.

airfix

The '9+ years members' superiority thing is a bit off putting, you're … The '9+ years members' superiority thing is a bit off putting, you're just another one of 1560059 members on here, nothing more nothing less.

take off all the banned members and multis and you're probably down to about 500

haritori

Other way round, I am not the seller.

​Ah, it was late when I posted. I miss read the main post.

People are only posting to be helpful. You may already know the prices of cex, eBay etc. But not everyone knows that you've searched these sites already.

You may have to bite your lip and act grateful if they offer insight.

chocci

take off all the banned members and multis and you're probably down to … take off all the banned members and multis and you're probably down to about 500

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/53355552.jpg

Original Poster

kos1c

​Ah, it was late when I posted. I miss read the main post. People are o … ​Ah, it was late when I posted. I miss read the main post. People are only posting to be helpful. You may already know the prices of cex, eBay etc. But not everyone knows that you've searched these sites already. You may have to bite your lip and act grateful if they offer insight.

​im tired of being graceful besides it's thread spoiling

dtovey89

If something is higher than CEX it won't sell on here. If you are trying … If something is higher than CEX it won't sell on here. If you are trying to buy something considerably less than CEX buy then you won't find any sellers.

The other problem is mods jumping on the profiteering bandwagon. So in the OP scenario, if it could be bought on eBay a few weeks ago for £2 less, the mods then demand a receipt to show you aren't profiteering - and not many of us keep a receipt for products bought in the past.

Firefly1

The other problem is mods jumping on the profiteering bandwagon. So in … The other problem is mods jumping on the profiteering bandwagon. So in the OP scenario, if it could be bought on eBay a few weeks ago for £2 less, the mods then demand a receipt to show you aren't profiteering - and not many of us keep a receipt for products bought in the past.

Mods don't demand receipts most of the time unless it is a blatant attempt at profiteering.

Furthermore eBay isn't supposed to be used as a price point. I've never seen a Mod pull a thread because it was on eBay for less. I don't know where you are getting that idea from.

Original Poster

jax619

http://pages.ebay.com/education/buyingtips/http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/your-unofficial-amazon-trail-guide/Hope it helps

Well done who evers multi this is

I didn't even know a for sale section existed until 2 days ago

DarkEnergy2012

I've got an old copy of Sonic but I only sell to members who've been here … I've got an old copy of Sonic but I only sell to members who've been here at least 10 years...sorry mate

We'll talk on Tuesday.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains98
    2. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon33
    3. Win a Free minion usb stick88
    4. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat99

See more discussions