FTSE 100 index live stream data

Found 27th Mar 2017
On the off chance someone on here knows of the answer.

I can see the FTSE 100 index live data on google finance so all well and good if I keep an eye on it. Anyone know if I can get this data as a live stream feed so I can do something with it? I have googled the answer and it is not clear and not free data, just subscription service.

Anyone know where I can get this sort of data free?
Community Updates
AskStreaming
14 Comments
Worth highlighting the data from Google is sometimes delayed by several minutes depending on what you wanted to do with the data
njpugh90

Worth highlighting the data from Google is sometimes delayed by several … Worth highlighting the data from Google is sometimes delayed by several minutes depending on what you wanted to do with the data

I am fine with the delay. I just need to get that data in real form so I can use it.
I think Moneyam.co.uk still do it. But the best way it to just signup for spreadbet or CFD account, you don't need to bet.
PulisOut

I think Moneyam.co.uk still do it. But the best way it to just signup for … I think Moneyam.co.uk still do it. But the best way it to just signup for spreadbet or CFD account, you don't need to bet.

just had a look at the betting sites and you see the indices. you can place a bet if you wish. have you ever signed up to one of these accounts?

i don't want to bet but i want to get an alert when the index reaches a certain level without having to place a bet.
mutley1

just had a look at the betting sites and you see the indices. you can … just had a look at the betting sites and you see the indices. you can place a bet if you wish. have you ever signed up to one of these accounts?i don't want to bet but i want to get an alert when the index reaches a certain level without having to place a bet.

I have, don't now because it's too risky for me. Highlight was having Campbell score the first goal for Arsenal in a champion league game, won £1600 for a tenner :-)

No I've never done it just to watch the index it was just a thought. A few years ago the was a CFD company who did a sort of training system. It was a live system but you could only trade in pennies. I suspect that would be ideal for what you want.
mutley1

just had a look at the betting sites and you see the indices. you can … just had a look at the betting sites and you see the indices. you can place a bet if you wish. have you ever signed up to one of these accounts?i don't want to bet but i want to get an alert when the index reaches a certain level without having to place a bet.

To be fair Mutters I looked into this a few years back & only found ones you had to pay for.
What about using your phone? There are tonnes of stock tracker and alert apps available.
Live data isnt available for free so far as I know.

Typical free feed used to be 15min lag. But if all you want is the index?
mas99

Live data isnt available for free so far as I know.Typical free feed used … Live data isnt available for free so far as I know.Typical free feed used to be 15min lag. But if all you want is the index?

This is my problem. I specifically need the FTSE 100 index and I don't mind the 15 minutes lag. There are lots of alerts available on funds as pointed out by catbeans but I don't want any fund price, I need the actual FTSE 100 index price.
catbeans

What about using your phone? There are tonnes of stock tracker and alert … What about using your phone? There are tonnes of stock tracker and alert apps available.

Can you identify any that quotes the actual FTSE 100 index rather than any specific funds?
I don't want fund values, I want the actual FTSE 100 index price itself.
IG.com, I use them to spreadbet or download MetaTrader
delboye30

IG.com, I use them to spreadbet or download MetaTrader

I looked at IG.com and it states that I can set an account up for free to get alerts. Have you ever got an alert from them on the level of an index? I want to set up an alert when the FTSE 100 index reaches a certain level. Will the alert come via SMS?

Some sites give alert by email, which may take a while to come as there can be delays with emails.
I (used to) work for the LSE and FT.com - this data isn't free LIVE .... It IS if its delayed.....

Some of the answers above are good suggestions....... Bloomberg, Reuters, and other overseas sites, but the LIVE data comes at a price... The fact that it is delayed isn't necessarily a problem, just backdate your data or survey or project or whatever by 20 mins or so,

They have to delay the data because of all sorts of Compliance Rules, Front Running, and so on ..... :-) Happy to help though as I say, this is where I used to work.
mutley1

I looked at IG.com and it states that I can set an account up for free to … I looked at IG.com and it states that I can set an account up for free to get alerts. Have you ever got an alert from them on the level of an index? I want to set up an alert when the FTSE 100 index reaches a certain level. Will the alert come via SMS?Some sites give alert by email, which may take a while to come as there can be delays with emails.

Hi, yes you can set up alerts with IG, I do it all the time when trading the Ftse, Dow or S&P 500. Say for example when price closes above or below a certain level u could setup an alert and then place an order to open when the price is above 7500 etc.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions