Groups

FTTP deals available

Hello, I hope you guys can help me. Where I live, I have 2 choices of broadband - the 'standard' - with speeds around 1.5 MB/s or the FTTP with speeds upto 300MB/s. Until 10 months ago, I could only have the 'standard' option, and only recently BT pulled their finger out to sort it out.
    However, I find myself really stuck when it comes to finding reasonably prices provider of FTTP and I am stuck in a deal paying over £45 a month for my broadband (including line rental) (and i did receive £100 in cash back/preloaded card). Now my deal comes to an end in 2 months - should I try haggling with BT in the first instance? But surely they know they have no competition in this market so they know I can't just walk away. Also, using a 4g sim card and tether is also not practical as the signal strength isn't fantastic. Does anyone know of any reasonably prices FTTP providers in Milton Keynes area? Thanks for your help!

6 Comments

fttp is only provided by BT and Plusnet

jimjimjeroo

fttp is only provided by BT and Plusnet

And a whole host of smaller providers in and around the area near milton keynes. I live about 20 miles from milton keynes and have fttp not with BT or Plusnet. However i don't think they'll bother if BT have already put in fibre, plus the fact they charge nearly the same as BT per month minus line rental as can use VOIP instead removing the need of line rental

Edited by: "winifer" 9th May

Some people pay £45+ for line rental + FTTC fibre, so that isn't a bad price at all for FTTH.
    Edited by: "robertr" 9th May

Hey! So I assume you've got a BT FTTP line, not someone like CityFibre or Hyperoptic?

In that case, you're limited to where you can buy Fibre from to BT, Andrews & Arnold, Zen and Plusnet (If you're an existing customer - you have to join on standard broadband then ask the trial teams to upgrade you)

BT's FTTP team will definitely negotiate to be the cheapest though, especially if you say you've found it cheaper.

I recently took BT Infinity Option 3 (that's 200mbps) for £42.99 a month including line rental on a 2 year contract (but, if they increase prices which they almost definitely will that 2 year bit doesn't matter!)

They also offered Option 2 (80mbps) for £32.99 a month including line rental.

I didn't ask about Option 4 (330mbps) because it would have been even more, and I don't need that fast internet!

Original Poster

razord

Hey! So I assume you've got a BT FTTP line, not someone like CityFibre or … Hey! So I assume you've got a BT FTTP line, not someone like CityFibre or Hyperoptic?In that case, you're limited to where you can buy Fibre from to BT, Andrews & Arnold, Zen and Plusnet (If you're an existing customer - you have to join on standard broadband then ask the trial teams to upgrade you)BT's FTTP team will definitely negotiate to be the cheapest though, especially if you say you've found it cheaper.I recently took BT Infinity Option 3 (that's 200mbps) for £42.99 a month including line rental on a 2 year contract (but, if they increase prices which they almost definitely will that 2 year bit doesn't matter!)They also offered Option 2 (80mbps) for £32.99 a month including line rental.I didn't ask about Option 4 (330mbps) because it would have been even more, and I don't need that fast internet!

Thanks everyone for your responses to date. The Plusnet trial - am I definitely going to be able to switch to their FTTP? I do not want to get into a 12 month contract and then be stuck with a 1.5 MB/s deal as I can't switch to FTTP?
    Also, are you saying that if BT hike up their price then you can walk away from them penalty-free?

razord

Hey! So I assume you've got a BT FTTP line, not someone like CityFibre or … Hey! So I assume you've got a BT FTTP line, not someone like CityFibre or Hyperoptic?In that case, you're limited to where you can buy Fibre from to BT, Andrews & Arnold, Zen and Plusnet (If you're an existing customer - you have to join on standard broadband then ask the trial teams to upgrade you)BT's FTTP team will definitely negotiate to be the cheapest though, especially if you say you've found it cheaper.I recently took BT Infinity Option 3 (that's 200mbps) for £42.99 a month including line rental on a 2 year contract (but, if they increase prices which they almost definitely will that 2 year bit doesn't matter!)They also offered Option 2 (80mbps) for £32.99 a month including line rental.I didn't ask about Option 4 (330mbps) because it would have been even more, and I don't need that fast internet!

I just took a 12 month Option 4, for £42.99 a month, nothing upfront
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Buy back on Euros to £££23
      2. Digital ps4 games33
      3. Localphone VOIP long distance app broken (not ios11 compatible)22
      4. Cheap northface alternatives?22

See more discussions