Groups

Fuchsia Diseases

I recieved plants from T&M a 1-2 weeks ago and planted the fuchsias in pots, I never really inspected them closely but after a few days I saw little spots on their leaves, thinking it was blackspot I looked on Wiki for Fuchsia diseases and it seems like it could be one of many diseases but I haven't a clue which one . The plants are only young and some now look half dead, is there anything I can do to help them survive like a fungacide spray? Or should I bin them =[

en.wikipedia.org/wik…ses

9 Comments

ring t & m - they will replace them foc

Original Poster

holly100;5044152

ring t & m - they will replace them foc

Thanks, will give them a call later on. They've been near my other plants, is there a chance it could have spread?
    pics: yfrog.com/5rs…6jx

you need to remove the leaves with black spots

Original Poster

jamstaruk1972;5044178

you need to remove the leaves with black spots

Will do that now however most of the leaves have spots on them so I doubt they'll survive, they're more beige some are dark but most are quite light

Chemical treatment is sometimes effective and I have had success in combating rust by using
    Rose Clear 2 (buy at any garden center)
    Plants should be sprayed at two weekly intervals. Remove the infected leaves when they appear. Rust is not usually fatal but makes plants look unsightly.

wouldnnt have thought so - especially if you have them with annuals

t&m just replace plants - even if you buy out od nurseries - b & q - if plants die - take them back

i dont think many people do though

Original Poster

I've just been out (in the rain =D) and removed all of the leaves (60% :S) which have rust and blackspot (whatever spot it is) they look prety bare now, moved them into greenhouse so can keep a closer eye on them.

Also the lil stems on my lavender look like they've been eaten by bugs or something, some were already like it when I received them but now they've turned brown. Surely I can't ask them to replace all of the plants? I receieved 10 fuchsia denticulata, 3 fuchsia pink marshmallow, 3 fuchsia black beauty, and 9 lavender =S they'll think I'm trying to get free plants out of em! This deffinately isn't slugs as I have copper tape around the pots and I've yet to see a slug climb them.

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/721/snv16110m.jpg

the fuchs from T&M shouldn't have really gone outside yet, mine are sitting happily on the windowsill in my bedroom

Original Poster

ctuk;5044360

the fuchs from T&M shouldn't have really gone outside yet, mine are … the fuchs from T&M shouldn't have really gone outside yet, mine are sitting happily on the windowsill in my bedroom

The majority of them I planted in little pots and put in the greenhouse but didn't have enough space, so put some in pots outside thinking they'd be ok with the amount of sun we've had the past couple of weeks, they all look the same though =[

yfrog.com/ens…7jx
    The Black Beauty don't seem to be affected as much, leaves still arn't v healthy though =/
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553749
      2. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1842
      3. CCleaner software compromised by hackers1525
      4. Any PS4 News Here29313798

See more discussions