Groups

Fudging cleaner in my university halls has binned my expensive frying pan.

Its really annoyed me someone else has used it and left it out, and i went away for the weekend and now shes thrown it in the skip.

What do u think you you lot? any chance i can complain til im blue in the mouth and get a new one? i think its discusting personally, throwing peoples belongings away, ive already binbag dived to try to find it.

38 Comments

Was it full of crap?

try grilling rather then frying its more healthy:)

If it was that precious to you,you should have kept it in your room

Original Poster

Adam2050;6903403

Was it full of crap?

no it was clean. and i dont know whos used it thats the problem :x

Never leave anything in a communal kitchen you don't want to lose.......it will either be nicked or someone else will use it. How do you know it was the cleaner?

Original Poster

gari189;6903443

Never leave anything in a communal kitchen you don't want to … Never leave anything in a communal kitchen you don't want to lose.......it will either be nicked or someone else will use it. How do you know it was the cleaner?

because the cleaners been on a spree the past week binning everything and anything she see's even if its left out for one day, as i was away for the past 3 days she bagged and binned it before i came back

gari189;6903443

Never leave anything in a communal kitchen you don't want to … Never leave anything in a communal kitchen you don't want to lose.......it will either be nicked or someone else will use it. How do you know it was the cleaner?

DNA, fingerprints and CCTV no doubt:thumbsup:

Original Poster

5757alan;6903492

DNA, fingerprints and CCTV no doubt:thumbsup:

Why do have to butt in and thread spoil with ur very "witty" remarks?

What are you doing at university anyway when you cannot even spell or use correct grammar!

golemsmate;6903538

Why do have to butt in and thread spoil with ur very "witty" remarks?

Well before you start accusing people of doing things, I'd expect evidence. Have you any?

It wasn't unusual at my Uni for students to come home drunk and trash the kitchen. Anything not in a locked cupboard was chucked out the window.......

Trickle;6903624

What are you doing at university anyway when you cannot even spell or use … What are you doing at university anyway when you cannot even spell or use correct grammar!

.........and which one?

our cleaners used to just pile anything left out into a cardboard box in the corner.
    needless to say, if you havent taken it out of there after a couple of weeks.. you should probably just leave it.

the pile was huge at the end of term.

how expensive are we talking?

2 of mine are at Uni. Bought cheapest everything for them to go (quilts, pots pans etc). Job lot from Asda. I knew none of it would come back.

I think you have to chalk this one up. Big fuss will go nowhere. Sad fact

Banned

you're at uni and can afford a cleaner! Now, I know never to believe that students find it financially hard lol

i dont have a cleaner in my halls

Original Poster

I don't personally pay for the cleaner she just goes into the kitchen and toilets on week days. To be honest we deserve it cleaned there's 35 of us between 1 sink and 3 hobs, tents to get a little messy.

Our cleaners a little more strict she puts it in a Binbag for 3 days then completely removes it. As I was gone for 3 days I didn't get a chance

as someone stated my grammer isn't that great, I would like to offer him a full sorry on my half, my mobile spelling isn't 100% accurate

Original Poster

Jumpingphil;6904342

How do you know the cleaner binned it?Couldn't someone have "borrowed" it?

Somebody might of borrowed it but it would be left in a dirty pile of pots that get binned by the cleaner , Im blaming her for not giving me a chance to claim it

Go into someone elses flat and steal one.

Has the missing pan thread become pandemic?:)

Original Poster

Inactive;6905282

Has the missing pan thread become pandemic?:)

Yup were at defcon 1 lol :-) and lol that was actually quote good :-)

It's found! Safe and sound... Kind of

Original Poster

The pan was used and left on the dirty pile some time at the weekend. My friend cleaned it and put it in their cupboard for safe keeping for me. That's what he said, whether he really just claimed it as his own and lied I don't know :-) but I got it back

golemsmate;6905390

The pan was used and left on the dirty pile some time at the weekend. My … The pan was used and left on the dirty pile some time at the weekend. My friend cleaned it and put it in their cupboard for safe keeping for me. That's what he said, whether he really just claimed it as his own and lied I don't know :-) but I got it back

Nice thread Nice ending too :thumbsup:

Banned

What are you doing at university anyway when you cannot even spell or use … What are you doing at university anyway when you cannot even spell or use correct grammar!

Good one lol

5757alan;6903641

Well before you start accusing people of doing things, I'd expect … Well before you start accusing people of doing things, I'd expect evidence. Have you any?

Confucious say ..... lol

Funny...leave home to grow up in the big bad world and you still have someone running about cleaning after you...:lol:

golemsmate;6905390

The pan was used and left on the dirty pile some time at the weekend. My … The pan was used and left on the dirty pile some time at the weekend. My friend cleaned it and put it in their cupboard for safe keeping for me. That's what he said, whether he really just claimed it as his own and lied I don't know :-) but I got it back

Thanks god for that,I was going to to ring in sick for work this evening as I was so worried,I can now leave the house:)

Think thats bad, I had the cleaners bin £50 of food from the communal fridges at the end of term last year because they thought no one still lived in the property!

Trickle;6903624

not another one :roll:

Original Poster

Jumpingphil;6907227

I'm glad it all panned out well in the end.:thumbsup:Hope you're going to … I'm glad it all panned out well in the end.:thumbsup:Hope you're going to apologise to the cleaner for blaming her.

i was nice to the cleaner i asked to see all the binned locked up in a cupboard about to be thrown away, didnt go swearing at her. but to make you all feel better i'll give her an extra enthusiastic good morning tomorrow

ryouga;6905981

Think thats bad, I had the cleaners bin £50 of food from the communal … Think thats bad, I had the cleaners bin £50 of food from the communal fridges at the end of term last year because they thought no one still lived in the property!

She's already thrown away like 10 saucepans, 20 plates/dishes, kitchen knifes and other bits and bobs. I looked through claiming back most my stuff but i know i've probably lost something.

boothy;6905960

Thanks god for that,I was going to to ring in sick for work this evening … Thanks god for that,I was going to to ring in sick for work this evening as I was so worried,I can now leave the house:)

dont worry you can carry on with ur life again now! sorry to stop ur world for a moment lol

how many people will continue to spell disGusting with a c?!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7b/MouseInTheHouse6.jpg

Banned

go on, i got to ask, how much was it

sassie;6908270

go on, i got to ask, how much was it

Tefal one?

3 page spanning thread - win.

I knew it would never stick....
    Trying to blame an innocent cleaner.

Why don't you jusk ask her nicely not to throw anything away in future.. she's there to clean your crap, not scrap items..

Jumpingphil;6908871

Really, I have 8 more posts before mine pans out over two pages.I have … Really, I have 8 more posts before mine pans out over two pages.I have mine set to 50 posts per page.:thumbsup:

How do you do that? xxx

Dec 2007... and you don't know how to do that...LOL

Edit profile...

Ooops...LOL..

EDIT OPTIONS...:giggle:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What to do?????56
      2. Tradesmen battery power tools.11
      3. Now tv entertainment passes22