Groups

Fuel costs who has the most expensive filling station nearby?

I know the costs of fuel is soaring but this filling statio near us is really taking the micky, they have always been a few pence over the average but when I saw their prices today I was gobsmacked - especially for the diesel!

I wish I could say this picture is a wind up, but its not!!!

Pic in post two.

22 Comments

Original Poster

[CENTER]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s308/harlzter/22052008042.jpg[/CENTER]

BRARGIN !!- I put petrol in for £1.24.and that's for unleaded, Diesel was £1.54

£1.30 a litre for petrol and £1.49 for diesel here

Banned

already posted yesterday

with smoking just about outlawed the tax got to come from somewhere.

I thought my way was bad 118.9 petrol, 123.9 diesel

Original Poster

Jesus I thought that was high!!! Average round here is something like £1.14 petrol £1.22 diesel!

csiman;2157122

already posted yesterday

he just took the pic how can he have posted it yesterday lol

Original Poster

csiman;2157122

already posted yesterday

What you on about? what was?

bellabonkers;2157138

he just took the pic how can he have posted it yesterday lol

Thanks, yeah i took the pic today on my phone so how could I have posted it yesterday?

Banned

So we have sailed through the £5 gallon and breezed past the £6 gallon in the space of a couple of months.

At this rate it will be £10 a gallon by 2009!

harlzter;2157139

Something similar, highest and lowest rather than just highest.

Either way, 129.9 the highest I've seen unless csi has seen somewhere else?

Technically it's about 10 miles away but I had to put £5 in today as I was so low, it didn't even turn the fuel light off!

Banned

harlzter;2157139

A thread all about highest petrol prices in your area. About 200 replies at least on it with the latest being a few hours ago. I would point you to it but the bloddy search function on this site is next to useless :-D

csiman;2157145

So we have sailed through the £5 gallon and breezed past the £6 gallon in … So we have sailed through the £5 gallon and breezed past the £6 gallon in the space of a couple of months.At this rate it will be £10 a gallon by 2009!

Is an Oyster card free :thinking:?

Seriously though I might have to start using public transport to go to work :cry::cry:

I spend about £250ish a month on petrol + congestion charge

csiman;2157156

A thread all about highest petrol prices in your area. About 200 replies … A thread all about highest petrol prices in your area. About 200 replies at least on it with the latest being a few hours ago. I would point you to it but the bloddy search function on this site is next to useless :-D

there is a similar thread, i know as i commented on it, but this one has pics lol:-D
    like here....]http//ww…uc/
    and here is another one...]http//ww…t-/
    and a yet another....]http//ww…es/
    lol i'll stop loking now, but seriouosly, this one has pictures:-D:-D

The thing I can never get my head around is the garages that are ridiculously high still have customers filling up whenever I pass them. Must be company paid or alike.

£1.10 at my local - not bad

And £1.10 here in Plymouth.

What i did notice tho when i registered and had a look, not one Tesco garage showed up.......

It's gone From 82p a litre to £1.15 in 10 months for me and it's set to go up even more, why are there not the protests there were last time?

Everytime the oil prices go up the government are rubbing their filthy hands.

Money Spinning;2157548

It's gone From 82p a litre to £1.15 in 10 months for me and it's set to … It's gone From 82p a litre to £1.15 in 10 months for me and it's set to go up even more, why are there not the protests there were last time?Everytime the oil prices go up the government are rubbing their filthy hands.

No they're not - the tax level has remained the same, the increase is due to the increase in the price of oil.

John

My car runs on fresh air ! :thumbsup:

Banned

Johnmcl7;2157769

No they're not - the tax level has remained the same, the increase is due … No they're not - the tax level has remained the same, the increase is due to the increase in the price of oil.John

yes but they still charge vat on oil so they are making more money. then giving it back to us as a tax rebate :?

Johnmcl7;2157769

No they're not - the tax level has remained the same, the increase is due … No they're not - the tax level has remained the same, the increase is due to the increase in the price of oil.John

72% of the price of petrol is tax so everytime the oil prices go up we end up paying another 72% of each increase which goes to the government.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Oil for Oak Doors55
      2. Help sought - Cheap(est) smartphone with Standard SIM for short period of u…44
      3. Dashcam question22
      4. Ordered Samsung note 8 from very delayed delivery11

See more discussions