fuel filter location

Found 21st May 2009
bit of a random question but thought i would try my luck, does anyone no the location of the fuel filter on a 1.6 fiesta zetec-s mk5

thanks all help would much be appriciated

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
12 Comments

possibly underneath near the fuel tank

Original Poster

texfitz;5284598

possibly underneath near the fuel tank

would u no if its easy to fit one?

If it's a petrol filter, it'll be a simple in line one, just follow the fuel line from the carb' and you'll find it.
Replace it with a new one, make sure you follow the direction arrows of the flow.

Look at ebay item number 230342878286 if you want to see what one looks like?

Original Poster

Shambolic;5284678

If it's a petrol filter, it'll be a simple in line one, just follow the … If it's a petrol filter, it'll be a simple in line one, just follow the fuel line from the carb' and you'll find it.Replace it with a new one, make sure you follow the direction arrows of the flow.

Shambolic;5284717

Look at ebay item number 230342878286 if you want to see what one looks … Look at ebay item number 230342878286 if you want to see what one looks like?

cheers i already have one as my brother got one for me, just wasnt sure where it would be would u no where i could find a pic of where it is in the engine bay

have some rep

Probably nearer the engine than the tank I'd imagine, but I don't know Fords that well.

This will fit somewhere along the fuel line, once located, you only have to remove two clips (if any) and replace it.
There will be a small spillage of fuel so have a rag ready too.

Original Poster

Shambolic;5284851

Probably nearer the engine than the tank I'd imagine, but I don't know … Probably nearer the engine than the tank I'd imagine, but I don't know Fords that well.This will fit somewhere along the fuel line, once located, you only have to remove two clips (if any) and replace it.There will be a small spillage of fuel so have a rag ready too.

cheers :thumbsup: will have a look tomorrow and prob atemp on bank holiday monday

A haynes manual would be your best bet.

Original Poster

yea may have to pop to halfords

Some cars have two, one in engine and one near fuel tank.

Normally near the fuel tank, The one on my corsa was a nightmare to change the clips were a right pain to get off,

I would de pressurise the fuel in the car first aswell and there may still be some pressure in the petrol lines

http://www.shengis.net/hukdpics/festerfuel.jpg

The bit marked 10. Pretty standard location on most cars.
Post a comment
@
    Text