Fuel Price Protest - Your views

15 replies
Found 2nd Jul 2008
What do you think of the fuel protests currently taking place?

Discuss.

15 Comments

nice to see but wont make a difference

surprised there haven't been more to be honest.
If the government are making a fortune in duty due to the increased prices why are they not reducing it????
I really don't understand why they aren't doing this as the knock on effects on companies etc could be huge.

Original Poster

It could be if they blocked EVERY main road/motorway in Britain

ding;2438259

nice to see but wont make a difference

:thumbsup: or are we all going to bioycott garages - noooo they have us stitched

Original Poster

Precisely, we all need fuel!

Original Poster

Anyone affected by the protests?

I think that there is more going on behind the scenes than we know about. I believe that the oil producing companies in the Middle East have the west where they want it, at their mercy. Unless the west comes up with a viable solution, I think we will see our nation grinding to a halt.
Added to this, the oil companies here are just plain greedy for gain. It is we, the oil user, that made them rich in the first place.
The bottom line is that those in control of the oil, either at production or the point of sale, are greedy.

Banned

Pointless....

the go slow will only work if THOUSANDS are doing it....but its just driving around burning fuel...to which they have to pay more out

Only way to do it is if its something that will hit the economy which the Government will have to respond to....

Agree with Predikuesi....thats where the problem lies, twinned with the extortionate amount of tax on UK fuel

Original Poster

Predikuesi;2438339

I think that there is more going on behind the scenes than we know about. … I think that there is more going on behind the scenes than we know about. I believe that the oil producing companies in the Middle East have the west where they want it, at their mercy. Unless the west comes up with a viable solution, I think we will see our nation grinding to a halt.Added to this, the oil companies here are just plain greedy for gain. It is we, the oil user, that made them rich in the first place. The bottom line is that those in control of the oil, either at production or the point of sale, are greedy.

I agree. Its pointless.:x

:thumbsup:i hope they get the 25p-in-the-pound tax rebate on diesel, i drive a diesel:thumbsup:

The MPs will only take notice if they go and block all the main roads in central London, they don't care if the block motorways or roads anywhere else because it doesn't effect them at all.

Banned

jocksteeluk;2438522

The MPs will only take notice if they go and block all the main roads in … The MPs will only take notice if they go and block all the main roads in central London, they don't care if the block motorways or roads anywhere else because it doesn't effect them at all.

Fair point!!!

Also they don't care about the price as they claim all their travelling expenses back, which we pay for

ODB_69;2438529

Fair point!!!Also they don't care about the price as they claim all their … Fair point!!!Also they don't care about the price as they claim all their travelling expenses back, which we pay for

Exactly, the majority of these MPs don't even care about the places that elect them and that is the reason why these parties opt to put people they want elected in safe seats rather than making them stand where they are from or where they live.

The more immigrants and benefits the Goverment handout money for, the more they need to drag back in to support it, fuel, drink, cigarettes, 10p Tax proposals, Road Tax, inflation interests rates, etc etc. The more the country has an idle population the more resources are needed to support them, NHS, Police, Courts, and any other service that maybe involved costs more money and I don't need to explain where that money is coming from now do I?

It sucks but its true.

Original Poster

Too true!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…2653
    2. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland2047
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769322
    4. So Flubit is still terrible. What happened?!1112

See more discussions