Groups

Fuel prices

Anyone else noticed how the price of petrol/diesel is slowly creeping up again??
    All the big hooha when it came down, but not a dickey bird when it goes up again!!!

13 Comments

Yep, and they're a lot faster to put it up than they are to take it down!!

yep:(

I remember when unleaded hit 84.9p a few years back and there was outrage, and they had all there blockades at the refineries, but now nothing.

yep, its a pain xxx

It was talked about on the news the other day regarding BP's alarming slump in profits. The interviewer asked why, when the price of crude is just over half what it was 15 months ago when petrol was £1.10 a litre, why is petrol climbing above £1.05 a litre. The spokesman claimed that the current rise in fuel was because the Government had introduced some deferred tax rises. Now from what I can see fuel duty has only increased by 5p a litre since last year, so how come fuel has risen from £0.80 a litre to £1.05 when the price of crude has remained pretty static at $60 a barrel?

Original Poster

At the beginning of the week diesel at my local sainsburys was 103.9..its now 105.9...its getting ridiculous...I guess someone has to pay for all these oil tycoons buying football clubs!!!

Banned

prob coz oil is at its highest price in ages........its been reported in the proper news

do you see the link?

ye how can you not notice, this goverment are a joke..

What I have noticed is the small gap between petrol and diesel prices these days.

I'd rather starve than give up petrol and my car - considering I live in the countryside - they have no idea how difficult it is getting around - using public transport. (a.) I would have to walk about 1.5 miles to my nearest bus stop (b.) it is a dark, although main, road (c.) it costs £3 for a single 10 mile trip on the bus! and then I would have to get another bus or two to get to my work.
    Tonight I saw it at 111.9p!!!! Its about time someone took action.

brent crude trading at around $70-80 a barrel last few weeks meaning the oil companies will cash in at the petrol pumps

pugw$sh;6725238

It was talked about on the news the other day regarding BP's alarming … It was talked about on the news the other day regarding BP's alarming slump in profits. The interviewer asked why, when the price of crude is just over half what it was 15 months ago when petrol was £1.10 a litre, why is petrol climbing above £1.05 a litre. The spokesman claimed that the current rise in fuel was because the Government had introduced some deferred tax rises. Now from what I can see fuel duty has only increased by 5p a litre since last year, so how come fuel has risen from £0.80 a litre to £1.05 when the price of crude has remained pretty static at $60 a barrel?

Brent is certainly not "pretty static" - a high of $80 last week, current price around $77, hasn't been $60 since July (well, close to $60).

It will only get worse

timesonline.co.uk/tol…ece

The motorist has always been an easy target for governments.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. CAR QUESTION: Difference Between Lexus IS300 and Lexus IS300h?613
      2. Cracked windscreen, is it safe and legal to drive?78
      3. Tradesmen battery power tools.33
      4. Best tablet for less than £200?22

See more discussions