Groups

Fuji F20 won't mount on my Mac

I tonight upgraded my trusty old Fuji A303 to a Fuji F20 (Asda £79.00) However it won't mount on my Mac when the USB cable is connected, the old A303 mounted without any issues and even worked from a lead straight to the keyboards USB socket.

I have tried going direct to my iMacs main USB ports (incase there was insufficient power) but nothing, doesn't even make a noise.

The camera shows it's connected up but nowt on the Mac.

I'm running 10.2.8 which is supposedly supported by this camera.

Looks like it will have to go back to Asda unless anyone has a solution?

4 Comments

Hi, looking on the OSX compatibility section, the F20 isn't on there, but saying that, neither is my Z2 and that works fine.
    What version of iPhoto are you using, I'm using 6.0.6 from iLife '06 on a Macbook and all is OK.
    Check if your camera has a sleep function or any other separate function that it needs to be set to to transfer photos.
    Check out this link from from Fuji website:
    fujifilmusa.com/JSP…260
    Try downloading and see if that helps..

[SIZE=2]Are you able to check the camera on a PC at all? Sounds more like an issue with the camera rather than your Mac, I know the older Fuji cameras needed a driver to work as a mass storage device but I would have thought the F20 came out after that time. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]John[/SIZE]

Original Poster

matjoliver, I don't use iPhoto, have never liked it, all other digital cams I have used have just mounted on my desktop and I have been able to copy the images to a relevant folder. - Thanks for the link but although it says it's for Mac and PC it's only PC files .exe and stuff.

It definitely says this camera is OSX compatible on the box and in the instructions.

johnmcl - I am going to try the camera at work on monday morning where I have a newer Mac running the latest OSX version to see if it mounts there.

Original Poster

Just some feedback for the Mac Users in this thread, I have been on to Fuji about the mounting issue and I am all sorted now.

OSX users, go to your applications, launch Image Capture when the camera is connected to the Mac via USB and you will then see it in that App, although it won't connect as a virtual drive on your desktop it's a solution and means I will now be keeping this excellent camera, Fuji answered their query within a few hours too which was superb.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767239
      2. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4671406
      3. Amazon S&S price fix question11
      4. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1111

See more discussions