Expired

Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Pi2540 Laptop Screen not coming on

Found 25th Aug 2011
Good morning.

Need some help and advise from you computer savvy people.

I've had my laptop for about 3 1/2 - 4 years now.
It's worked perfectly with no issues until a few days ago.
Switched it on and the screen didn't want to turn on.
I could hear the sound of the fans and HDD working but the screen remained blank. I've tried hooking the laptop up to my TV but that didn't work.

I've taken the battery and charger out and held the power button down for about 30 seconds to exert all power. That didn't work.

I'm guessing it may be the video/graphics card or something like that?

There's no beeps on boot to indicate a problem either.

Can anyone help me out with this PLEASE?

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
9 Comments
If there is a software problem e.g. corrupt OS then try pressing F2 / F12 to get into the BIOS, if you cany then its likely that it's a hardware problem. Has it taken a fall lately?
Do you use it on the bed or sofa? My guess it the heatsink & fans are clogged and its maybe fried something. Open it up and vac it out
Haven't tried pressing F2/F12 so I'll give that a go later.
Also, when I use it I always make sure there is enough ventilation underneath it.

Thanks the replies. Really appreciate it. Really don't want to have to fork out for a repair.
And as far as I'm aware, it hasn't been dropped or anything like that lately.
Just tried F2/F12 the screen didn't come on but after presseing F2/F12 every key I press after that causes a beep apart from the arrow keys
I have a similar problem: my 3 years old Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Pi2540 Laptop without any reason (not dropped or anything like that) suddenly is not booting. The power supply is OK, because CapsLock and NumLock indicators are switching on, but there is no sign of any boot processes, the screen just doesn't react at all. CD-Rom seems to be working, but it doesn't load any LiveCD (Knoppix etc). I tried to connect HDD to another laptop and it is ok, there are no problems with the operating system or viruses. A friend of mine suggested that the problem should be caused by the failure of graphics card. What do you think, is it possible that graphics card failure doesn't allow to even start the booting process? Are there any other solutions or should I just order a new graphics card and hope that it will resolve the problem?
My Fujitsu Siemens laptop just over 2yrs old has just started with the same problem the scree doesnt come on at all. The power comes on but the csreen remains pitch black, pls help!
I had a similar problem and it turned out to be the inverter cable. Try moving the screen back and forth to see if you get a picture at a certain angle. New cable was about £10 delivered from Germany and wasn't too much hassle to fit.
hi guys i had and still have the same problem with the same amilo.....since the problem apear for 1st time and reopair it 2-3 since then without have to change the grafic card which a very good one i have used to have this problem every 3-4 months because i cant afford to bye a new one its cheaper to me to repair it...so if u can afford the value of the grafic card go and get it and for some years yr fine...cheers!!!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants