Fulfilled by Amazon deal deleted.. ADMIN

Found 14th May
Posted a deal for a blood pressure monitor.. bargain price and fulfilled by Amazon. Went to the trouble of screen grabbing camelcamelcamel price history .. writing a little bit .. checking the deal wasn't already on HUKD or cheaper elsewhere. Three sellers all offered the item at the listed price, allfulfilled by Amazon. Looked at their feedback history, also checked their business addresses.

A minute after posting BOOM it's erased - I get PM "Really sorry, but the merchant / store you've shared in the following thread isn't currently suitable for HotUKDeals.". Follow up PM says they are investigating a particular seller (several sellers were offering the item at the price listed). I've since had another PM stating they are concerned about ALL the sellers of this item!

1. I didn't link to a specific seller
2. The "store" Amazon is the biggest retailer in the world
3. Product was fulfilled by Amazon who are responsible for merchant sales

The worst bit - effort expended creating content torched with a mouse click!

The post could have been put on hold, modified to indicate not to use a particular merchant, saved pending enquiries. If there was any genuine evidence of deceit they could have contacted Amazon and had the seller 'taken down'. I've done this twice recently. Instead - your work erased forever in the blink of an eye. There is no mechanism for saving or holding posts I'm aware of.

I've asked HUKD for their clear instruction on how to deduce in advance whether a post is "suitable" for posting, when an item is offered by multiple merchants and fulfilled by Amazon. My view is it's not worth expending effort if it might be cancelled out leaving nothing to show for it.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
magicjay19861 h, 49 m ago

Hi Generally speaking you can find a list of merchant which can have …Hi Generally speaking you can find a list of merchant which can have deals shared here - https://www.hotukdeals.com/merchant-listMarketplace sellers are a little different in that they won't all feature on the merchant list if they do not have their own site. We'll review individual sellers on Amazon as and when they're posted and if they check out they'll be put live (and assigned to Amazon). I appreciate that isn't always a perfect way of doing things as you currently cannot check before putting the information together so I apologise for that. We'll not add a merchant to our list just to be able to mark them as unsuitable. In this instance, the merchant you shared for is currently under review so we wouldn't have allowed it even though it was fulfilled by Amazon. I think the message you received was just making the point that looking at the 4 sellers of this item, 1 was under review and 2 had insufficient feedback. We would need to see 95%+ from 12 months, business seller (showing verifiable contact information) and adequate sales for this period. I know you've spoken with the team today about this and you emailed them back earlier. They will come back to you if you wanted to discuss this any further.

But why does a fulfilled by amazon seller needs feedback, Amazon do the delivery from an Amazon warehouse, they will refund as they do their own items.which is a lot more than can be said of the certain Chinese sellers which last count had 40+ items posted by people connected to the site like mods, editors and the likes and only 2 items posted by members and a site no one had heard of in the UK until it was posted by a mod on here.
Edited by: "eslick" 14th May
29 Comments
deleted1315437
I feel your pain @JamesSmith when you’ve taken the trouble to put together a post it is most frustrating.

I stay away from all 3rd party Amazon seller now.

I only post Amazon’s own deal now.

My eBay waterballoon deal posted Sunday got deleted

I’m afraid it happens but i’ll have a big bunch of cheap water balloons for the next time the suns out.
Join the club. Can't even leave a comment as they keep deleting it. No point questioning the admin, it will just get deleted and probably end up with a ban.
shame, site staff cant even be bothered to write out merchant names or the words 'fulfilled by amazon' yet other peoples deals are not up to their 'high' standards
brilly5 m ago

shame, site staff cant even be bothered to write out merchant names or the …shame, site staff cant even be bothered to write out merchant names or the words 'fulfilled by amazon' yet other peoples deals are not up to their 'high' standards

...To be fair, the listing being discussed above may have been marked as "spam" by members alone & that is why no notification about the removal has been received by @JamesSmith from the site representatives.

(The two listings I quickly found for a blood pressure monitor at Amazon UK were both submitted over one month ago, so a re-listing for the same product/marketplace seller should not have been marked as 'spam'; if applicable).
fanpages7 m ago

@Admin@juliet_bravo @magicjay1986

33797231-ycLOY.jpg
Hi Generally speaking you can find a list of merchant which can have deals shared here - hotukdeals.com/mer…ist

Marketplace sellers are a little different in that they won't all feature on the merchant list if they do not have their own site. We'll review individual sellers on Amazon as and when they're posted and if they check out they'll be put live (and assigned to Amazon).

I appreciate that isn't always a perfect way of doing things as you currently cannot check before putting the information together so I apologise for that. We'll not add a merchant to our list just to be able to mark them as unsuitable.

In this instance, the merchant you shared for is currently under review so we wouldn't have allowed it even though it was fulfilled by Amazon. I think the message you received was just making the point that looking at the 4 sellers of this item, 1 was under review and 2 had insufficient feedback. We would need to see 95%+ from 12 months, business seller (showing verifiable contact information) and adequate sales for this period.

I know you've spoken with the team today about this and you emailed them back earlier. They will come back to you if you wanted to discuss this any further.
magicjay198637 m ago

Hi Generally speaking you can find a list of merchant which can have …Hi Generally speaking you can find a list of merchant which can have deals shared here - https://www.hotukdeals.com/merchant-listMarketplace sellers are a little different in that they won't all feature on the merchant list if they do not have their own site. We'll review individual sellers on Amazon as and when they're posted and if they check out they'll be put live (and assigned to Amazon). I appreciate that isn't always a perfect way of doing things as you currently cannot check before putting the information together so I apologise for that. We'll not add a merchant to our list just to be able to mark them as unsuitable. In this instance, the merchant you shared for is currently under review so we wouldn't have allowed it even though it was fulfilled by Amazon. I think the message you received was just making the point that looking at the 4 sellers of this item, 1 was under review and 2 had insufficient feedback. We would need to see 95%+ from 12 months, business seller (showing verifiable contact information) and adequate sales for this period. I know you've spoken with the team today about this and you emailed them back earlier. They will come back to you if you wanted to discuss this any further.

hmm - i post on feedback and got 1 line from you and no results
should i be posting here instead? in case you have forgotten: hotukdeals.com/fee…236
they are still all kinds of wrong
magicjay19861 h, 49 m ago

But why does a fulfilled by amazon seller needs feedback, Amazon do the delivery from an Amazon warehouse, they will refund as they do their own items.which is a lot more than can be said of the certain Chinese sellers which last count had 40+ items posted by people connected to the site like mods, editors and the likes and only 2 items posted by members and a site no one had heard of in the UK until it was posted by a mod on here.
Edited by: "eslick" 14th May
magicjay19862 h, 17 m ago

Related to your comment, but not the subject of the thread... Why is there not a list of banned merchants? And why is the accepted merchent list so difficult to find and/or identify? Even the rules of posting deals isn't made clear unless you dig through the site, which is difficult unless you disable infinite scrolling.

It doesn't make it easy for new or even current members.

Shouldn't all of this be made clear when creating an account/posting your first deal?

Just a suggestion.
Edited by: "RossD89" 14th May
RossD8924 m ago

Related to your comment, but not the subject of the thread... Why is there …Related to your comment, but not the subject of the thread... Why is there not a list of banned merchants? And why is the accepted merchent list so difficult to find and/or identify? Even the rules of posting deals isn't made clear unless you dig through the site, which is difficult unless you disable infinite scrolling.It doesn't make it easy for new or even current members.Shouldn't all of this be made clear when creating an account/posting your first deal?Just a suggestion.

I was looking for the rules for submitting "Deals" earlier but the link to the 'Help' section has been removed.
This site is starting to remind me of qxl.com
fanpages27 m ago

I was looking for the rules for submitting "Deals" earlier but the link to …I was looking for the rules for submitting "Deals" earlier but the link to the 'Help' section has been removed.

It's strange, isn't It? The site has these rules, but make it difficult to find them, yet expects you to follow them.

*Edit* jusy had a look and i cannot find a li k to the rules of posting a deal through the links in the footer.

As much as this site wants to entice new members/users, it does its utmost to turn them off with the lack of information.

Why even bother?
Edited by: "RossD89" 15th May
Is it not time that this site has a section for 'Dubious Deals', or some way of marking deals with a warning notice 'Extra caution advised' or some such?
We are all adults, to some degree or other, and the decision to buy our not should be down to us. This site gives us information such as deals and tips, could they not give us the information for the less reliable sites along with a warning and let us make the decision to buy or not?
Edited by: "mrty" 15th May
Not much risk involved on a FBA purchase though, suppose its better to be safe than sorry

I could think of a few merchants who should be permabanned here yet they’re still allowed to have their “deals” posted despite their proven track record of consistently providing a poor service and ripping members off.. . . . .
The problem with a lot of these FBA deals is that they are clearly incentivised, with posters being provided with free products or even paid for their listings. It's the new face of the Amazon reviews-for-freebies gig. There's also a clear attempt at vote manipulation too. As an example, last night a 'deal' for an unbranded USC C cable got a decent amount of heat in minutes, despite the comments questioning the quality, RRP and actual price of the product. One of the promises of these offers is robo-votes. It skews the system and devalues the site.
I'm a top Amazon reviewer and I see a lot of emails for products which end up on here. Some get removed, others slip through. Generally I'm suspicious of anything low-end, unbranded tech, particularly niche products. Diffusers, spiralisers, disco lights...blood pressure monitors. I've got about ten of each, and I've given away more.
Another clear sign is posters who get disproportionately angered by the removal of a 'deal'. It's not really the heat they've missed out on, it's the cold hard cash.
Edited by: "fivegoldstars" 15th May
fivegoldstars8 h, 31 m ago

The problem with a lot of these FBA deals is that they are clearly …The problem with a lot of these FBA deals is that they are clearly incentivised, with posters being provided with free products or even paid for their listings. It's the new face of the Amazon reviews-for-freebies gig.

Some kinda nonsense excuse for not supporting posting of fulfilled by Amazon deals!

If I share something on here it's for the benefit of others. I've contributed time like many others building this site - the only kickback is knowing I've helped others. It's up to consumers to do their own 'homework' and decide whether the product is something they want. Deals supplied by Amazon can have fake reviews too, ban everything then?

But now you mention incentivising... if the site wants to drift down a capitalist orientated model serving shareholders interests and certain retailers fine... but if you want to play it like that perhaps the people who create the content should get a little commission for every post?

Hows about thems apples.

fivegoldstars8 h, 31 m ago

Another clear sign is posters who get disproportionately angered by the …Another clear sign is posters who get disproportionately angered by the removal of a 'deal'. It's not really the heat they've missed out on, it's the cold hard cash.

You are seriously suggesting Omron would bung me backhanders for posting a deal on a £90 blood pressure monitor?

Get a grip.
To reiterate, Amazon take responsibility for merchant sales FBA not the merchant. That's the whole point?

So whence the fuss over black/white listing merchant businesses...

Most of the best Amazon deals are FBA.
Edited by: "JamesSmith" 15th May
Even if it isn't FBA you are covered by Amazon A-Z policies.
So I found an email in my inbox I hadn't noticed, from another admin, telling me there was only one seller of the item at the price when I listed it. Actual lies in my inbox! As per my post above, there were three all fulfilled by Amazon.

Now I've looked at the authorised merchant list here hotukdeals.com/mer…ist

When a product is sold as fulfilled by Amazon you are buying from Amazon. So all fulfilled by Amazon deals are legit right? Apparently "not if the seller doesn't have their own site" or hasn't been pre-approved.

Frankly that is an absurd rule which reeks of cop-out.. it strongly suggests a financial arrangement for direct sales from Amazon but not FBA, do despite AMAZON being the second vendor in the approved list - entirely responsible for FBA sales. So let me get this straight, deals are only allowed on this site if Pepper gets a kick back??

BTW I replied suggesting a loyalty scheme. HUKD should help facilitate users helping each other out. I don't think the site should leech from the contributor base, but that IMO is how it's starting to feel.
JamesSmith15th May

...You are seriously suggesting Omron would bung me backhanders for …...You are seriously suggesting Omron would bung me backhanders for posting a deal on a £90 blood pressure monitor?Get a grip.

Your question was not to me but I have been contacted at least once per month in recent years by overseas sellers asking if I could promote their products ("Fulfilled by Amazon") on HotUKDeals.com.

I also know other members have been contacted with this intention. I cannot comment if others accepted the offer.

My first few responses were that I was either not connected with the site, or that I was not interested, & I provide a link to the site's "Contact (Us)" form. I made this site's Administrators/Moderators aware of the early attempts to request my help, but the "Feedback" thread where I posted proof was subsequently removed (when I also demonstrated one of their "badged" representatives had also been contacted in this manner).

Now I just ignore the requests.
fanpages34 m ago

Your question was not to me but I have been contacted at least once per …Your question was not to me but I have been contacted at least once per month in recent years by overseas sellers asking if I could promote their products ("Fulfilled by Amazon") on HotUKDeals.com.I also know other members have been contacted with this intention. I cannot comment if others accepted the offer.My first few responses were that I was either not connected with the site, or that I was not interested, & I provide a link to the site's "Contact (Us)" form. I made this site's Administrators/Moderators aware of the early attempts to request my help, but the "Feedback" thread where I posted proof was subsequently removed (when I also demonstrated one of their "badged" representatives had also been contacted in this manner).Now I just ignore the requests.

With all due respect, Omron are a reputable prestige brand in the health industry whose products are recommended by doctors world wide. This isn't a fidget spinner, it's a serious piece of technology sold by a serious company whose products are often put to peer review. So yes, I can see some brands and companies pushing to promote products to consumers, and there is often clear evidence of this in Amazon listings / reviews. However Omron don't operate in that sort of environment. They are a global leader who sell shedloads of their equipment through Boots, Argos and other big names - they have no need to offer inducements for reviews or 'discount site' type promotions nor would they it would be reputationally damaging to their business.

Anyway, I posted the deal again 'from £63.94' - there are six fulfilled by Amazon deals and Amazon itself. Again I did not link to a specific merchant I mentioned the various options.

Again HUKD have removed the post because :

33828489-WzqzD.jpg
Merchant / store isn't suitable??

ITS AMAZON !!!

See where it says "Sold by Jobesam and Fulfilled by Amazon" ?? I didn't put that in the URL the title or anywhere else. If you hit up the URL it doesn't say that., You can literally choose to pay £89.34 and buy it from Amazon I cannot choose the seller. Why are HUKD are refusing to allow this health promoting device to be posted??
Here's the link..

Can someone explain why this product iisn't allowed on HUKD??

amazon.co.uk/OMR…NZV
There are six companies offering the Omron MIT5s at below Amazon price with Amazon's fulfilled by promise.

33828510-yfYq9.jpg
JamesSmith1 h, 14 m ago

With all due respect, Omron are a reputable prestige brand in the health …With all due respect, Omron are a reputable prestige brand in the health industry whose products are recommended by doctors world wide...

With the same respect, I was not referring to Omron (& the comment I replied to is the first time you have actually mentioned the brand/manufacturer we have been discussing for six days!).

Also, if the Forum's Rules/Guidelines were still available to read then you would be able to see that they (used to) say that posting the contents of "Private Messages" (without consent) is not allowed.
JamesSmith5 h, 56 m ago

There are six companies offering the Omron MIT5s at below Amazon price …There are six companies offering the Omron MIT5s at below Amazon price with Amazon's fulfilled by promise.[Image]

JamesSmith I would stay clear of posting any more fulfilled by Amazon products at the moment.

The issue which the mods have explained is they these 3rd party seller sometime offer incentives to people posting there deals, which isn’t allowed and the rules clearly state that.

I think that you need to accept that HUKD’s isn’t the right place to share the deals you have found at the moment.

If your still wanting to post deals look for either deals direct from Amazon or from many other accepted retailers.

Before posting a deal why not check if the company has had deals posted before.
eslick14th May

But why does a fulfilled by amazon seller needs feedback, Amazon do the …But why does a fulfilled by amazon seller needs feedback, Amazon do the delivery from an Amazon warehouse, they will refund as they do their own items.which is a lot more than can be said of the certain Chinese sellers which last count had 40+ items posted by people connected to the site like mods, editors and the likes and only 2 items posted by members and a site no one had heard of in the UK until it was posted by a mod on here.

Maybe my post was not clear enough so i'll try it again...

The FBA merchant the OP posted for was currently under review (prior to their post) which is why it was not allowed. It is irrelevant whether any banned/suspended/under review merchants have their items FBA. They still stand to benefit regardless of whether they process the transaction or have Amazon do it.

My reference to the 95% etc was simply for marketplace sellers selling themselves and not FBA.

RossD8914th May

Related to your comment, but not the subject of the thread... Why is there …Related to your comment, but not the subject of the thread... Why is there not a list of banned merchants? And why is the accepted merchent list so difficult to find and/or identify? Even the rules of posting deals isn't made clear unless you dig through the site, which is difficult unless you disable infinite scrolling.It doesn't make it easy for new or even current members.Shouldn't all of this be made clear when creating an account/posting your first deal?Just a suggestion.

At the moment we're still working on the eligibility requirements I mentioned above for those non-FBA deals. FBA has not changed save for non-UK sellers (discussion here).

I've taken on board your suggestion here about having a searchable list and it'll be passed over.

JamesSmith20th May

Here's the link.. Can someone explain why this product iisn't allowed on …Here's the link.. Can someone explain why this product iisn't allowed on HUKD??https://www.amazon.co.uk/OMRON-MIT5s-Connect-Pressure-Monitor/dp/B06Y13WNZV

I've returned that one after a review. Looks ok to me. I'll check in with the team though to make sure we're doing what should.
magicjay19861 h, 17 m ago

Maybe my post was not clear enough so i'll try it again...The FBA merchant …Maybe my post was not clear enough so i'll try it again...The FBA merchant the OP posted for was currently under review (prior to their post) which is why it was not allowed. It is irrelevant whether any banned/suspended/under review merchants have their items FBA. They still stand to benefit regardless of whether they process the transaction or have Amazon do it. My reference to the 95% etc was simply for marketplace sellers selling themselves and not FBA. At the moment we're still working on the eligibility requirements I mentioned above for those non-FBA deals. FBA has not changed save for non-UK sellers (discussion here). I've taken on board your suggestion here about having a searchable list and it'll be passed over. I've returned that one after a review. Looks ok to me. I'll check in with the team though to make sure we're doing what should.

Thanks Jay, I guess what many don’t understand is that yes they still stand to benefit however same could be said from many sellers on here which have shocking reports of customer service or as mentioned even no or limited sales in the UK until they hit here and are heavily promoted by site staff only. The bit many don’t understand is you buy something fulfilled by Amazon and it’s that end to end you are guaranteed a level of service, recompense if something goes wrong and you don’t get any of that with other companies. That’s the crux of it so sadly we are still not clear on it whatsoever but then we don’t make the rules just keep clicking and trying to add deals
Edited by: "eslick" 21st May
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants