Expired

full collection of 1000+ ps2 complete games

Found 8th Sep 2009
how much would the collection be worth, all games are complete boxed with instructions and in very good condition.

23 Comments

Banned

You will need to have this moved to feedback first, for a valuation, also you need to state a price, im sure the mods will be happy enough to move the thread

Btw some collection

id say around 1.5k-2k You would get on avg £1-4 per game

300 quid? damn talk about insulting offers....you value each game at less than 40p?

Well obviously they're worth plenty more than that hilarious first offer but there's a couple of problems here, in that if you're trying to sell then you would need to name a price instead of asking people. To be honest, this may well be of value to a games collector who would like to assemble a complete collection of all PS2 games and as such may do better on ebay where it has a wider audience. How much it's worth would probably vary dependent on whether there are any rarities. If every single game is actually in vgc with box and book, then this is probably worth a fair bit, I'd say!

Just for curiosity's sake, I don't suppose you could stick a pic up of them all??

1000? holy jesus

i couldn't even name 100

op is this your own collection?

Banned

you have a big house then.....

if i was you i'd contact the papers and tell them you''re broke and you have all these games because of credit cards. the sun would buy that story up... tell em you're jade's uncle or something too..

Banned

DarkKnight;6243196

1000? holy jesusi couldn't even name 100

I struggled to rember the 40+ i used to have lol

are these all originals?... please show a pic to prove, as you know your not allowed to sell copies on here...

(feel like being a tell tale as my days just been so ****...)

DarkKnight;6243196

1000? holy jesusi couldn't even name 100

Don't forget that the FIFA, PES, Smackdown, Tiger Woods, and other annual sports franchises alone easily take the total over 100!!!

The market for PS2 games is slowly but surely drying up (due to the huge price decrease of PS3 games).
I'm finding it harder and harder to sell PS2 games on ebay.

The first persons offer isn't that unrealistic, considering anyone buying a bulk of this many would expect a huge discount. I'd probably say around £500 - £600 max.

You will never, ever get someone to come along with £1000+ to spend on them - that's pipe dreaming....

I offered £300 as you can buy new titles for PS2 3 for £5 at many outlets and with a 1000 you would be very lucky to find them all working non scratched etc plus who would want a 1000 apart from a dealer who would not offer any more especially as buying blind!!! Clive

hexen;6243332

The market for PS2 games is slowly but surely drying up (due to the huge … The market for PS2 games is slowly but surely drying up (due to the huge price decrease of PS3 games).I'm finding it harder and harder to sell PS2 games on ebay.The first persons offer isn't that unrealistic, considering anyone buying a bulk of this many would expect a huge discount. I'd probably say around £500 - £600 max.You will never, ever get someone to come along with £1000+ to spend on them - that's pipe dreaming....

I personally disagree. If they're all in really good nick then I'm sure collectors would pay handsomely.

EDIT: Although on second thoughts, I suppose it would depend on what's actually in the collection. If a tenth of it is FIFA, Smackdowns and Pro Evos, then the value may well drop- but the OP is giving us no further info!

Well the good games you could probably get a few pounds for, but for sure if you have 1000+ then there are going to be a hell of a lot of stinkers that noone wants, so i would say £550

Banned

thegroutch;6243355

anyone who bought them would be paying big money for delivery as it would … anyone who bought them would be paying big money for delivery as it would probably have to be sent in a few lots, and they'd also be taking some games that you can't give away, myself I'd hypathically pay about £800 + delivery costs

yes but would you really want to pay that much for say 80% of the games you not wanting

brats go to hollywood 1, 2 and 3 anyone?

There's bound to be a few rare ones in a collection that big. I'd go for a nice simple £1 a game.

Banned

Note:

No offers please - this is a valuation request.

I say 300 is a joke because even if he took them down cex he is likely to get more than a pound on at least half of them...

If he had a word with the manager they could stitch it together to make it a story cex could sell to the papers, it would be good publicity for a shop like cex and it would be cheap publicity too if they cut a deal with him.

i'd say closer to 800 would be the right sort of area...still less than a pound a game so you are getting quite a good discount on the titles you might actually want and even the rubbish ones would be re-sellable for 80p or at least you would hope so.

I wonder how many duplicates are in this collection? do you have 200 copies of some really rubbish title? that would really screw with the value i put on it.

lets remember how much tosh they released on the ps2 aswell, ps2 games generally trade into game for anything from 1p to £2 rare titles £3-£4

Without i list of games to see the titles of good and rubbish i would have no idea

READ

If you can, honestly, do NOT sell them, and I mean it. Keep them in decent storage if you can, they will be worth a lot more than they are now when the next Playstation is released, and within 10 years, I think you'll be sitting on 2-5k.

This could be true, i was talking to a Gamestation employee in the store, and he said that the trade in value on PS1 games went down to pennies, but is now back on the rise again.

You got a pic? not that i dont believe u just wana see lol

i thought dvds had a life span on them? they 'go off' for want of a better term same with cd's if you go pull out your early 90's cd singles you might have lying around and try play them i bet some don't work...putting cartridges into storage is one thing because they don't die of old age but cd's and dvd's? you may well find yourself with highly collectable dvd cases and manuals because the discs become unreadable.

Maybe ive been told wrong but i thought that was the reason companies still backed up onto tape,because optical discs were unstable? anyone hazard a guess?

1duck;6244305

i thought dvds had a life span on them? they 'go off' for want of a … i thought dvds had a life span on them? they 'go off' for want of a better term same with cd's if you go pull out your early 90's cd singles you might have lying around and try play them i bet some don't work...putting cartridges into storage is one thing because they don't die of old age but cd's and dvd's? you may well find yourself with highly collectable dvd cases and manuals because the discs become unreadable.Maybe ive been told wrong but i thought that was the reason companies still backed up onto tape,because optical discs were unstable? anyone hazard a guess?

I believe you are right, I've heard of 'CD rot' before.

en.wikipedia.org/wik…rot

I don't think it's something you can take as being a cert though.
Post a comment
@
    Text