Full Details about GT5

Banned 37 replies
Found 18th Jun 2010
The graphics are almost like for like

37 Comments

does look mad, mellow yellow posted a thread a few days ago showing a concept ferrari, pics were from GT5 first pic looked immense the reflections were so life like...i'll find the pic...

Original Poster Banned

The tyre smoke looks amazing from the pictures

ok on mellow yellows profile all their misc thread titles come up as "-----" lol so I cant find the pic

Original Poster Banned

this video shows the example of detail that has been done youtube.com/wat…uF0

found it! So realistic

[IMG]topgear.com/uk/…jpg?p=100609_10:51[/IMG]

Banned

numptyj;8869050

found it! So … found it! So realistic[IMG]http://www.topgear.com/uk/assets/cms/753739ed-c032-4f22-b237-3d85a9198b12/670x377Image.jpg?p=100609_10:51[/IMG]

dam that looks good;-)

two way;8869089

dam that looks good;-)

shame that car wont actually be made lol

Banned

The picture here:
us.gran-turismo.com/us/…tml

of "Dust Kicked Up By The Car Is Illuminated By The Tail Lights" is just stunning. God, this game is going to be awesome

the dust in that pic to me doesnt look the best still nice but looks computer generated but the rest of the pic looks awesome

Banned

great gfx, can you still use the walls instead of brakes in gran turismo?

Banned

dontasciime;8869159

http://propergraphics.com/3dlowpoly/Koenigsegg_video.htm

Jesus! Those interior shots.....?? They're not using computers to make this game, they're using witchcraft!

worth the wait since gt4..... if these pics and vids are anything to go by.... i definaly think so roll on november!!!

Original Poster Banned

The car damage looks pretty good, I'm interested to see how they have done the interior deformation.

The top gear track looked impressive visual wise and you get to drive as "The Stig"

Banned

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk173/csiman2/ScreenShot053.jpg

It does look stupidly realistic, those can't be in game graphics, can they? I'd probably buy it just because its gt 5 but in all honesty I don't think the gt gameplay has changed since the original and this'll probably be more of the same...

What makes you say that, even the GT academy download was a huge step up from GT4?

ei8hty5ive;8872370

It does look stupidly realistic, those can't be in game graphics, can … It does look stupidly realistic, those can't be in game graphics, can they? I'd probably buy it just because its gt 5 but in all honesty I don't think the gt gameplay has changed since the original and this'll probably be more of the same...

Forza's a better game!!!!
loL
actually i think GT5 is better but i have an xbox 360 not a ps3.....

Banned

xbox-360-elite;8873312

Forza's a better game!!!!loLactually i think GT5 is better but i have an … Forza's a better game!!!!loLactually i think GT5 is better but i have an xbox 360 not a ps3.....

lol, i thought you were being serious!:thumbsup:

i think PGR 4 is beter than forza 3
but then again i just played the demo for forza..
however PGR 4 online is actually very fun especially bulldogs

Original Poster Banned

Really I never got Into pgr games, forza 3 is good but lack of cars,

Gran turismo 5 will good complete game with near to every car make and model , I was surprised when they added ford model t

oh man this looks fricken mad...even though you cant see it fully from the vid the concept behind it just seems awesome, and the fact it beats the suzuka lap record by 20 seconds. Designed by Adrian Newey and laps done by Seb Vettel. I might have to get this game after all!
The Ultimate race car X1 prototype

Edited by: "numptyj" 25th Sep 2010

Everything always looks amazing until you play it on the console.

Banned

[quote=numptyj]found it! So realistic

http://www.nfs-mania.com/images/news/nfs-mania_nfs-shift_ferrari_fish.jpg

what do you mean look like that...its an in game picture lol

Banned

numptyj

what do you mean look like that...its an in game picture lol

the pictures edited so the environment is blurred, colours and reflections are changed to look better for the picture, not necessarily for gameplay. the nfs picture is an example. if you look at the photo and then play the game the difference in the graphics is huge. im sure the graphics will be a class apart from any other racing game but no way will the cars look like they do in that picture.

ryman1000

the pictures edited so the environment is blurred, colours and … the pictures edited so the environment is blurred, colours and reflections are changed to look better for the picture, not necessarily for gameplay. the nfs picture is an example. if you look at the photo and then play the game the difference in the graphics is huge. im sure the graphics will be a class apart from any other racing game but no way will the cars look like they do in that picture.

I could take pictures on forza that look blurred but the car is in focus, even if it has been edited it will look very near to that.

Anyway what I was impressed by is the link I hit above about that prototype car. It seems like its gonna be an F1 car with no aerodynamical restrictions which equals epicness. No doubt things lke active ride heights and active suspensions have been included which decrease lap times dramatically

Original Poster Banned

What ferrari is that it looks mental

dj_urban

What ferrari is that it looks mental

think it was something like 612 GTO is a concept though its not being made

Still I do think your expectations of the graphics are a little too high. I'd suggest lowering your expectations because otherwise you'll most likely be disappointed.

PraxxtorCruel

Still I do think your expectations of the graphics are a little too high. … Still I do think your expectations of the graphics are a little too high. I'd suggest lowering your expectations because otherwise you'll most likely be disappointed.

I know it will look pretty good anyway though...they've had long enough to make it look good I wasnt really contemplating on getting it but seeing cars like the X1 prototype being included has made me think hmmmm, but I think I will get it cos I do like racing games, Id be getting it for the driving aspect anyway.

Banned

Has everyone seen the dynamic weather video that appeared online last week? youtube.com/wat…wX8

I cannot wait for this game.

Banned

numptyj

I know it will look pretty good anyway though...they've had long enough … I know it will look pretty good anyway though...they've had long enough to make it look good I wasnt really contemplating on getting it but seeing cars like the X1 prototype being included has made me think hmmmm, but I think I will get it cos I do like racing games, Id be getting it for the driving aspect anyway.

cool story bro.

Original Poster Banned

Yeah posted a thread last week about the weather dynamics looks sweet

Banned

I was in our local Gamestation yesterday and they have a "promotion" going on for some gay "special edition" of GT5 for £150. You get a fancy box, a memory stick and some other junk worth nowhere near £150.

DJ1

Has everyone seen the dynamic weather video that appeared online last … Has everyone seen the dynamic weather video that appeared online last week? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS0OtKSqwX8I cannot wait for this game.

Lol, did i just see a campavan in that trailer?
Can't wait for this either. Definitely going to be the best racing simulator ever.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition62653
    2. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines11
    3. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers33
    4. Chat magazine issue 4323

See more discussions