Full list of NatWest and RBS branches which will close

Found 1st Dec 2017
Closures are apparently due to the number of people using online services - quite a few near me tbh and sadly approx 680 jobs going

--

Royal Bank of Scotland is to close 259 branches - a quarter of its network - in a move expected to result in 680 job losses.

full list below

The 197 NatWest branches which will close are:

London and South East

- Acton
- Aldwych
- Banstead
- Barnes
- Battle
- Billingshurst
- Blackheath & Westcombe Park
- Brentford Middlesex
- Brighton London Road
- Burgess Hill
- Chalfont St. Peter
- Chesham
- Cobham Surrey
- Cranleigh
- Crowborough
- Earl's Court
- East Sheen
- Guildford Woodbridge Hill
- Hailsham
- Hampden Park Eastbourne
- Harpenden
- Haslemere
- Hatch End
- Hatfield
- Heathfield
- Henfield
- Holborn Circus
- Horley
- Hounslow Blenheim Place
- Langley. Berks
- Littlehampton
- Midhurst
- Morden
- New Covent Garden Fruit Market
- Northwood
- Peacehaven
- Petworth
- Pinner
- Portslade & West Hove
- Radlett
- Rayners Lane
- Reigate
- Rye
- Sandhurst, Berks
- Seaford
- Shepherds Bush
- South Norwood
- Southfields
- Stockwell
- Storrington
- Tring
- Wadhurst
- Wandsworth
- Ware
- West Byfleet
- West Ealing
- Wimbledon Village
- Worthing 38 Goring Road

Midlands and East

- Bearwood
- Beccles
- Benfleet
- Bilston
- Birmingham Broad Street
- Birmingham Frederick Street
- Birmingham National Exhibition Centre
- Bridgnorth
- Canvey Island
-Chipping Norton
- Didcot
- Diss
- Fordhouses Wolverhampton
- Gorleston-on-Sea
- Great Baddow Chelmsford
- Holt
- Hunstanton
- Kidlington
- Kingswinford
- Knowle Solihull
- Narborough
- Newport Shropshire
- North Walsham
- Oundle
- Oxford North
- Princes Risborough
- Royston Herts
- Saffron Walden
- Shenfield & Hutton
- South Woodham Ferrers
- St Ives, Cambs
- Stamford
- Thetford
- Thorpe Bay
- Wantage
- Witham Essex

North

- Barnard Castle
- Bawtry
- Brigg
- Broomhill Sheffield
- Cleckheaton
- Cottingham
- Dinnington
- Driffield
- Ferryhill
- Firth Park Sheffield
- Gainsborough
- Guisborough
- Heckmondwike
- Hillsborough Sheffield
- Hornsea
- Hoyland
- Hull Hessle Road
- Immingham
- Millhouses Sheffield
- Newton Aycliffe
- Penistone
- Peterlee
- Pickering
- Pocklington
- Richmond Yorks
- Ripon
- Skelmersdale
- Stocksbridge
- Stokesley
- Thorne
- Whitby Yorks
- Woodseats Sheffield
- Yarm

South West and Wales

- Ammanford
- Axminster
- Basingstoke Chineham
- Bideford
- Bishops Cleeve
- Bodmin
- Bristol Blackboy Hill
- Bude
- Cardiff North
- Cardiff University Hospital of Wales
- Cardigan
- Caversham
- Chard
- Chepstow
- Chew Magna
- Chipping Sodbury
- Cowbridge Vale of Glamorgan
- Crediton
- Crewkerne
- Crownhill Plymouth
- Dartmouth
- Dolgellau
- Exeter University of Exeter
- Hanham
- Helston
- Holsworthy
- Hungerford
- Ilfracombe
- Keynsham
- Lampeter
- Liskeard
- Llandeilo
- Lydney
- Maesteg
- Marlborough
- Melksham
- Milford Haven
- Mortimer
- Mumbles Swansea
- Nailsea
- Narberth
- Newquay Cornwall Bank Street
- Okehampton
- Pembroke
- Pencoed
- Plympton
- Porthcawl
- Portsmouth Anchorage Park
- Ross-on-Wye
- Rumney Cardiff
- Sherborne
- Shirehampton
- Sidmouth
- South Molton
- St Ives, Cornwall
- Talbot Green
- Teignmouth
- Thatcham
- Totnes
- Treforest Estate
- University Branch Reading
- University of The West of England Bristol
- Wadebridge
- Wallingford
- Wareham
- West Swindon
- Whitchurch Cardiff
- Winterbourne
- Wootton Bassett

The 62 Royal Bank of Scotland branches which will close are all in Scotland. They are:

- Aberdeen Bridge of Don
- Aberfeldy
- Airdrie
- Alloa
- Annan
- Aviemore
- Banff
- Bannockburn
- Beauly
- Bellshill
- Biggar
- Bonnyrigg
- Bridge of Allan
- Campbeltown
- Carnwath
- Castlebay
- Comrie
- Douglas Lanarkshire
- Dunbar
- Dunblane
- Dundee Stobswell
- Duns
- Dyce
- Ellon
- Eyemouth
- Glasgow Business Centre
- Grantown-on-Spey
- Gretna
- Hamilton Cadzow Street
- Hawick
- Huntly
- Inveraray
- Inverness Queensgate
- Jedburgh
- Kilbirnie
- Kilwinning
- Kinross
- Kyle
- Langholm
- Larkhall
- Lesmahagow
- Linlithgow
- Lockerbie
- Mallaig
- Melrose
- Montrose
- Nairn
- North Berwick
- Penicuik
- Perth South Street
- Pitlochry
- Renfrew
- Rothesay
- Saltcoats
- Selkirk
- Stepps
- Strathaven
- Tain
- Tannochside
- Tongue
- Turriff
- Wick

Full Story
Community Updates
25 Comments
Usage of online banking increases, branches close... people power.
None near me..... Oh they are already closed.

On the plus point I can now get beer and pork scratchings from the NatWest.

It did make me lol at the news when a man was being interviewed saying he will miss the bank as he uses it to pay in money. Then as the camera pans out you can clearly see a post office! (Where he can pay cash into his NatWest account).
Such a shame. My 3 nearest will close, my friend, already being squeezed as a manager of all 3 branches stands a very good chance of loosing her job. Merry Christmas hey!
We'd already moved our business banking away from natwest because our sub branch closed. Now our nearest will be an hours round trip away. Deary me
Time to switch to mobile banks like Starling, Monzo and Revolut.
Loads of people use the Acton branch, they peed people off earlier in the year changing the opening times so businesses couldn't bank first thing in the morning they'd have to wait until 10.

They are forcing people online just to save themselves money, it should be resisted bank staff are being made redundant.
It's all well and good saying you can use the post offices, but they are being closed left, right and centre too! In the past 5 years our town has gone from 6 or 7 to 1! Queues are massive and it just makes it utterly pointless! Luckily our NatWest is staying open, especially as we already moved from HSBC when they closed the busy branch we had!
kiradotee9 m ago

Time to switch to mobile banks like Starling, Monzo and Revolut.

Online only banks have punitive fees and limited services...no thanks.
That is a lot of branches! I mainly do online banking but sometimes go into branch. In London, the queues for Natwest Bank is crazy.
The last time I was in my local Natwest (South Shields) was to cash a cheque. I was literally forced to use one of those ATM type machines even though the place was empty and I couldn't see what I was doing, left glasses in the car. The woman who forced me to use the machine had to do it for me which annoyed her greatly - all for a £25 premium bond win. I imagine in years to come branches will be entirely self service for the most part.
Edited by: "freakstyler" 1st Dec 2017
It's a shame . I for one love standing chatting to the bank staff behind the counter, sometimes passing almost 30 minutes with idle chit chat .
It's surprising how many people use the bank as there is always quite a queue when I leave
good, online banking is the way to go.
benjammin31616 m ago

good, online banking is the way to go.

Online banking is the way to go but it's still not good that some people lose their jobs / lively hood
Edited by: "tregs" 1st Dec 2017
tregs3 m ago

Online banking is the go but it's still not good that some people lose …Online banking is the go but it's still not good that some people lose their jobs / lively hood

I'm sure cobblers and iron mongers felt the same.

Move with the times
benjammin3162 m ago

I'm sure cobblers and iron mongers felt the same.Move with the times

You still feel happy that some people lose their lively hood?
tregs2 m ago

You still feel happy that some people lose their lively hood?

Happy? I never said that. But times change, move with it.
benjammin31619 m ago

Happy? I never said that. But times change, move with it.

You said "good". Grow up. People will lose their jobs. Times do change, but there is still no need to be "good" about it
Edited by: "tregs" 1st Dec 2017
Our RBS branch closed....the next one local.closwd and lost the MIL her job. Now our new branch is also closing with those nearest closing too! Worrying times.
Our RBS branch closed....the next one local.closwd and lost the MIL her job. Now our new branch is also closing with those nearest closing too! Worrying times.
benjammin31613 h, 2 m ago

I'm sure cobblers and iron mongers felt the same.Move with the times

I miss cobblers, my father has shoes for work that are nearly as old as me, he paid a good sum for them back in the day probably close to £200 a pair, he looks after them with a good polish and every few years took em to the cobblers for a few quid got em as good as new with a new heel and toe.

Now hardly any shoes can actually be worked on by cobblers, people pay £30+ for shoes they throw away and replace every year.

Who's the idiot? The one who pays £30+ every year for a interior product or the person who buys a quality item and then spends maybe £15 every 3 years to maintain em for life?
tregs12 h, 56 m ago

You said "good". Grow up. People will lose their jobs. Times do change, …You said "good". Grow up. People will lose their jobs. Times do change, but there is still no need to be "good" about it

Times Change but not necessarily for the better
Not nice hearing about peeps losing jobs.

As it's a bank related thread just thought I'd mention another banking scam email doing the rounds; this one is supposed to be from Natwest - very convincing, looks like the real deal, but it is a phishing scam. Headed 'Security Natwest' it includes the usual invitation to 'click here to login to your online banking' - DON'T!

Keep safe peeps.
Thanks for the branch breakdown ( no pun intended). Ours is still there. Never realised there were so many closing till I saw them all listed. Make's you wonder what the future holds for the high street, the desolate town is deffo trending.
tryn2help2nd Dec

Not nice hearing about peeps losing jobs.

Its not, but the writing has been on the wall for Branch staff for a long time, and there will be many more closures especially across the Lloyds banking group.

The next thing on the list will be Multi brand branches, instead of having a Lloyds, Halifax and BoS in the same town, there will be just the 1 branch under 3 brands.

If I worked in a branch I would be applying like mad for another role in the bank.
plodging1st Dec

It's a shame . I for one love standing chatting to the bank staff behind …It's a shame . I for one love standing chatting to the bank staff behind the counter, sometimes passing almost 30 minutes with idle chit chat . It's surprising how many people use the bank as there is always quite a queue when I leave

So you were the one in front of me today, taking ages, yapping to the woman behind the counter
davewave1st Dec

Online only banks have punitive fees and limited services...no thanks.

Oh really? The ones I mentioned (especially Starling as it has no fees whatsoever) charge you in 99% nothing at all. The only time you might get charged (Monzo & Revolut) is when you withdraw more than £200 per month. Even so it will still be cheaper than any high street bank.

Literally, no charges per month, no charges if payment is declined because you have no money, no charges if your direct debit is declined, no charges for foreign currency payments (online or at the till in another country). And mostly no charges for cash machine usage (Starling - completely free worldwide, Monzo - free in the UK, elsewhere £200 free but above is 2% charge, Revolut £200 free but above is 2%).
Revolut even has a free international money transfer facility (want to send money to family/friends in another country? free!).

No seriously, there are no high street banks that can be compared to these three mobile banks (Starling, Monzo, Revolut).

Plus you get instant notifications when there was a payment made from the card/bank account, you can even see the time of the payment and in Monzo and Revolut you can even add a note/description to that transaction, and, obviously, in all of them you can assign the transaction to a category and then view your monthly spending report (how much you've spent on bills, groceries, eating out, transport, etc) ...
(Also, Starling and Monzo cards can be added to Android Pay if that's your thing.)

There is no high street bank that charges you nothing and gives you all of that.

P.S. I have accounts in (high street) Lloyds, TSB, Virgin Money, Metro and (mobile) Starling, Monzo, Revolut, N26. All of these are current accounts.
In Lloyds bank I even at some point (3 years ago or so) was paying them £10 per month just so that they wouldn't charge me for my declined online payments as I didn't always have money being a student back then.
Edited by: "kiradotee" 6th Dec 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants