Expired

Full Postage not paid on an EBAY item

Found 20th Oct 2011
I sold an item on Ebay and the buyer paid insufficient postage on it, they paid before an invoice was sent to them and they put £1.00 for postage when it should of been £4.99, it quite clearly stated in the auction description that it was £4.99 postage as it was an freight item as it was a girl's coat and the postage was more than £4.00. I sent the item to them anyway and sent a message to them asking them to send the additional £3.99 posatge and they are refusing to do this, what can I do ??

I am a bit annoyed thay buyers can put the postage in, surely this is the seller's job ??
Community Updates
Misc
22 Comments
Fleaby will probably back the buyer!

Just refused to post it, I had one recently where a buyer wanted discount on multiple items. I refused to budge and cancelled the transactions.
Original Poster
How can the buyer put on £1.00 postage themselves though as surely the seller does that with the invoice ?? Do they really think it would cost £1.00 to send a heavy coat to them ??

Here is the answer I got from them:-

I'm really sorry but I can prove that there was no mention what so Eva about postage hence the postage fee was blank and asking me to enter an amount which I too thought was weird! Please contact eBay about this as I wouldn't of purchased the coat if I'd of known postage was £5! With it being a coat without tags as could of reached me in poorer condition than it was.. Really is a matter for eBay huni sorry as I'm not prepared to pay an amount that was not on the listing. I too am sorry this issue has arisen so please ask bays advice to which they will investigate the matter and therefore help us to resolve this amicably.
Original Poster
Cause it was a freight item as the postage exceeded £4.00 I clearly put the postage on the auction description
What did your postage state in the postage and packaging section?
refund them and tell them to get lost. It's not like you're trying to con them - auction states £4.99 so if they don't pay it, don't send it.
Edited by: "oldmanhouse" 20th Oct 2011
Shouldn't have posted it. not a lot you can do now.
Banned
oldmanhouse

refund them and tell them to get lost. It's not like you're trying to con … refund them and tell them to get lost. It's not like you're trying to con them - auction states £4.99 so if they don't pay it, don't send it.

She has already sent it.
oldmanhouse

refund them and tell them to get lost. It's not like you're trying to con … refund them and tell them to get lost. It's not like you're trying to con them - auction states £4.99 so if they don't pay it, don't send it.

Its already been posted.
Original Poster
Postage stated freight/courier and said to refer to item description for details.

I am sure not going to refund them as they have the item and I am the one out of pocket
Why would you post it?
Original Poster
Yes, I know I should not of sent it, I thought I was doing them a favour and it was a genuine mistake, I had a few other parcels to post so just posted it, I guess it is my loss, I am so annoyed about this
Original Poster
I did not realise it had not been paid in full when the payment was sent and just sent it.
Oh you already posted it? Bad luck
Original Poster
Guess I will just put it down to one of those things and just learn my lesson and not be so bloody nice in future
You need to put a specific postage amount in the postage section when you do your listing (I.e. Not just in the description) otherwise the postage box is blank when the buyer wins the auction/buys it now. You are lucky that they put anything in at all I guess. eBay is not going to help at this point I don't expect. Sorry to hear what happened.
Banned
MadMumof4

Guess I will just put it down to one of those things and just learn my … Guess I will just put it down to one of those things and just learn my lesson and not be so bloody nice in future

Yes that is the best advice.

think yourself lucky it only cost a couple of quid to learn, alot of people learn the hard way when selling on ebay and end up out of pocket for much more.
tbh what you did can get your listing pulled, you cannot charge more in your listings regardless if its heavy to post or not- fact was it was going by royal mail and not a courier, you need to make the rest up in your start price.
Lulu'sMammy

Why would you post it?

Exactly, no point moaning about it if you've already sent it
Should not have posted it. Would be helpful if you let us see the said item description but there isn't any point now that you have sent it prior to receiving full payment.
I'd be interested to know what Ebay have to say.
Banned
littlepinkstarz

tbh what you did can get your listing pulled, you cannot charge more in … tbh what you did can get your listing pulled, you cannot charge more in your listings regardless if its heavy to post or not- fact was it was going by royal mail and not a courier, you need to make the rest up in your start price.

What she said. Presuming £4 was the max you could charge postage? So you tried to bypass that by sending it freight?

By reporting her, you are reporting yourself.
john52

I'd be interested to know what Ebay have to say.

I would imagine thay would say that by posting the item that you have accepted the reduced postage amount. Much like offer and acceptance with any online transaction.
Edited by: "cdm22" 20th Oct 2011

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Merchants