Groups
    EXPIRED

Full Spec'd Digital SLR HELP:D

Hey

looking for a fully spec'd digital SLR camera for my dad's 50th!!

willing to spend 600-800

don't really know much but it has to have some kind of macro thing:S not too sure what it is.. also 10mega pix.. and a decent lense!!!!

any deals out there please:)

5 Comments

jessops.co.uk

All new Nikons have £60 cash back and theres a £10 off voucher on here somewhere

tsinc80697

jessops.co.ukAll new Nikons have £60 cash back and theres a £10 off v … jessops.co.ukAll new Nikons have £60 cash back and theres a £10 off voucher on here somewhere

but better deals can often be found elsewhere:roll: (although iirc, Jessops do pricematch any ads in the photography press - check their advert in one of the magazines and then comapre prices for all the other dealers)

For £600 you can get a v good camera (e.g. the Canon 30D or Nikon D80) with the stock lens or a more basic camera (but still very good e.g. Canon 400D or Nikon D40x) and alot of kit. Thats budget could quite happily get you a Canon 400D and the stock 18-55m lens, (around £400 with cashback), a zoom lens and a pretty good macro lens.

Try [url]www.camerapricebuster.com[/url] for price comparisons
    and [url]www.dpreview.com[/url] for in depth reviews of most cameras.

i bought a samsung pro 815 through amazon

amazon.co.uk/gp/…1-5

great quality,8.0m pixels, and better value for money than eos etc...

mummybear

i bought a samsung pro 815 through … i bought a samsung pro 815 through amazonhttp://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B000BRU9JY/ref=dp_olp_1/026-6287987-7056400?ie=UTF8&qid=1182799942&sr=1-5great quality,8.0m pixels, and better value for money than eos etc...

This is not a SLR which I think findmeabargain is looking for, it does not have a interchangable lens and has a very small sensor much like a compact digital camera so won't be as good as a SLR at higher ISO settings

Camera I would recommend is a Sony Alpha A100, it has built in image stabilisation which is usful in low light, a nice large viewfinder (I find Nikon viewfinder surround's too small), you should also be able to get a nice extra lens within your budget

tsinc80697

All new Nikons have £60 cash back and theres a £10 off voucher on here s … All new Nikons have £60 cash back and theres a £10 off voucher on here somewhere

Only the D40/x is eligible for cashback.

mummybear

.......samsung pro 815........ better value for money than eos etc...

No way is this better value than an EOS or D40/x IMHO. I really don't see the point of a non DSLR of this size/bulk in this price range. Get a DSLR and you have flexibility and quality of professional level kit.

If I had a budget of £800 I would get the D80 kit and a 70-300 VR lens or if you don't want to be changing lenses, D40x plus 18-200VR. Actually unless you really want 10mp to blow up large pictures I would get the D40 and save some cash for another lens.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. GAP Insurance Recommendations66
      2. HELP - am i being scammed on gum tree1622
      3. Best supermarket Disaronno?912
      4. Import charges from USA33

See more discussions