Fully Body Laser Hair Removal for a guy.

Found 23rd Apr
I’ve been thinking about getting a full body laser hair removal treatment done. I found a place in Manchester (Skin Clinics) that does 6 sessions for £3648 for a male. I’m up there with body conscious and I wouldn’t say I’m being over the top but I’m quite hairy and as a result conscious about it. I’m sick with the constant shaving, waxing and unable to wear shorts or sleeveless tops as I look like I’ve been given birth to by a Gorilla (Oddly parents or Grandparents ain’t hairy). I am a student and having to spend this much frustrates me cause I’ve been working to death but I feel like I’ve got no choice anymore. My question is for those who have had a similar problem does this treatment work and if so is it permanent? I have dark black hair if that helps.
Community Updates
16 Comments
Groupon sometimes have deals what reduces the price. Not sure if wowcher do them too. Might be worth looking
Well Joe Young I wouldn't waste the money, if your hair is thick and black it will thin with treatments but won't ever be smooth.
Do you really want to waste £3k?.
Buy Philips Lumia ipl for £300 and use it as you go along.
That's what I do. my sister used permanent hair removal salons and they charged her loads, yes it did help her . She also lives in Manchester. It's worked on her but she needs a tweak there and one there every so often but that's same with my ipl Philips Lumia.
I do it on all of my face accept eye brows.
Not sure that I can really help you, but about 20 years ago I had a few laser hair treatments on my top lip and chin (female). 20 years later I still use bleach, nair hair remover and tweezers. I remember it to be quite painful ( a bit like someone pinging an elastic band against you). Before you sign up I would recommend picking two tester spots (sayforearm and shoulder blade) and have a few sessions on them and see how you get on.
(Oddly parents or Grandparents ain’t hairy)

Save some money and get a DNA test, then blackmail your mother for the £3648 required.
Why does it bother you?

It's just part of the normal variation of the human body and other people see it as such. It's a general part of your appearance such as the width of your shoulders or whether you have high cheekbones.

It's not seen as a disfigurement such as a missing tooth or burned skin.

It does sound like you're going into this for the wrong reason. In your case I'd be looking for ways to build confidence in your appearance rather than altering it.

Perhaps something like some amateur modelling? I believe you can buy photoshoot days where you get professionally photographed in a variety of fashionable outfits which might suit. Take a good friend along and have fun. It'll likely cost a few hundred, but that's still far less than you're contemplating now.
Its a shame you hate it so much. Theres not enough hairy men around any more. My husbands like a gorilla and I love it! I find it very manly but I know its not to everyones taste.
jude721925 m ago

Its a shame you hate it so much. Theres not enough hairy men around any …Its a shame you hate it so much. Theres not enough hairy men around any more. My husbands like a gorilla and I love it! I find it very manly but I know its not to everyones taste.

Sounds like you’re after a toyboy
Misslovely2 h, 40 m ago

Do you really want to waste £3k?.Buy Philips Lumia ipl for £300 and use it …Do you really want to waste £3k?.Buy Philips Lumia ipl for £300 and use it as you go along. That's what I do. my sister used permanent hair removal salons and they charged her loads, yes it did help her . She also lives in Manchester. It's worked on her but she needs a tweak there and one there every so often but that's same with my ipl Philips Lumia. I do it on all of my face accept eye brows.

IPL is cheap but you get what you pay for. Laser is much more effective than IPL, hence the price difference.
Do not blow £3600.
As said try one of the home laser hair removal units. It’s a 10th of the cost and worth a shot. Also remember shaving can encourage growth.
EndlessWaves1 h, 53 m ago

Why does it bother you? It's just part of the normal variation of the …Why does it bother you? It's just part of the normal variation of the human body and other people see it as such. It's a general part of your appearance such as the width of your shoulders or whether you have high cheekbones.It's not seen as a disfigurement such as a missing tooth or burned skin. It does sound like you're going into this for the wrong reason. In your case I'd be looking for ways to build confidence in your appearance rather than altering it.Perhaps something like some amateur modelling? I believe you can buy photoshoot days where you get professionally photographed in a variety of fashionable outfits which might suit. Take a good friend along and have fun. It'll likely cost a few hundred, but that's still far less than you're contemplating now.

It probably bothers him because that’s the way society has formed us now. Look at men’s health magazine, never see an average looking guy on it. Usually some guy with an 8 pack, air brushed and hairless. Yes, it’s not seen as a disfigurement but it is seen as different because of what we see on magazines and social media etc.

Sometimes being different can make us feel uncomfortable and sometimes it can make us feel really confident, just depends on the individual. It’s sad that we have to think about so much about what we look like. The same goes for women, horrible duck lip fillers is the face of almost everything, all because of social media and television. Society is now full of a lot of stuck up people and really insecure people.
Oneday7716 m ago

Do not blow £3600. As said try one of the home laser hair removal units. …Do not blow £3600. As said try one of the home laser hair removal units. It’s a 10th of the cost and worth a shot. Also remember shaving can encourage growth.

If it’s full body you’ll be their forever using at home IPL.

IPL home hair removal is not laser hair removal, it takes about 20 minutes to do one body part and you have to do it regularly for a good few months, imagine having to spend hours on end doing a full body IPL treatment and asking someone to do your back for you aswell. Not only that but the bulbs on the cheap ones also only get a certain amount of pulses in a bulb. Laser light is more direct and powerful and targets dark hair and IPL is pulses of light that scatter around using weak waves to damage the follicle making it far less effective.
I really don't get why modern men want to shave everywhere.
Maybe to pick up the girls with fake eyelashes, orange tans, weird puffed up lips etc.
Oneday774 h, 47 m ago

Sounds like you’re after a toyboy

Nah quite happy with the hubster thanks!
Original Poster
Not really about anyone else. No girl or anything like that. It’s not even about what people would think. I just personally don’t like it as simple as that
You want the Mythbusters method "am I missing an eyebrow"
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants