Funding for adults returning to education anyone know about it?

Banned 6 replies
Found 17th Jun 2008
Im at uni now part time but wanting to go back to college full time

Im a mature student and been working 20 hours a week the last year and spending 11 hours a week at uni.

All I can find is that id get £30 a week towards buying things but id need to move from area to start and then it means I will have to be in college 40 hours a week but if I work I lose the £30 a week.

So id have to work about 30 hours a week to pay rent and bills and course expenses since what im wanting to do(already been accepted) needs on the very first day £50 for going away for a few days and £25 for a hoodie and then I have to pay £20 enrollment fee

This is because the course im wanting to do is tourism so need a lot of funding.

The course is just a National Diploma

I know some councils let students claim housing benefit as they are low income but some dont.

If I got housing benefit and it covered most of my rent its fine as then id just work about 8 hours a week to help pay the rest and buy books and food etc.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
6 Comments

adult learning grant ?

Original Poster Banned

Thats what I saw but its only £30 a week not enough to pay rent and buy food and pay for course materials and the course is too man hours to get a job after

Sorry to laugh but eduaction ! , surely a course needed on spelling :-)

Banned

Surely you need to go to bed paul ?

Anyway, im sure that if you sign on at the job centre and say you want to do the course they can probably help finance it

Banned

paulreden;2327282

They gave you a life didn't they? I'm sure they could stretch to educating someone. If you're talking about missing apostrophes, that happens when you type on a word document and paste to post.

Original Poster Banned

paulreden;2327282

I had 2 letters mixed up hardly end of the world! I typed faster than I read and was tired.

I will edit it anyway.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sonos Amazon Echo discount code beg thread34
    2. Wireless External Harddrive Recommendations22
    3. Cineworld - possible to book film for future at counter to save booking fee…34
    4. Toyota verso camera25

See more discussions