Funny Dualshock 4 Observation

Posted 5th Jan
Bit whacky this. The serial information/barcode sticker on one of my DS4s was starting to peel. It was getting a bit annoying so I just peeled it off. The sticker is in two parts. A "papery" sticker with the details, and then a transparent sticker on top to protect it. When I peeled it, the actual information sticker remained. All well and good. But in a few days, the barcode blacked out! Its obviously some sort of photo sensitive paper.

It so precise too, it looks like I've edited the image myself. Wonder what the purpose of them doing this is? Why make the barcode part like that?3381774-TuKMb.jpg
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

5 Comments
It’ll be some sort of counterfeit measure I’d assume. So they can’t be peeled and put onto fake controllers.
Danze198405/01/2020 07:52

It’ll be some sort of counterfeit measure I’d assume. So they can’t be peel …It’ll be some sort of counterfeit measure I’d assume. So they can’t be peeled and put onto fake controllers.

I suppose. But then I don't get why someone would want to ruin a perfectly good/legitimate controller for the sake of making a fake one look real. Surely they will have just devalued the real one significantly? In hindsight I should have stick the peeling sticker down with another sticker instead of just peeling it off.

It looks mad though doesn't it?!
ra78605/01/2020 08:04

I suppose. But then I don't get why someone would want to ruin a perfectly …I suppose. But then I don't get why someone would want to ruin a perfectly good/legitimate controller for the sake of making a fake one look real. Surely they will have just devalued the real one significantly? In hindsight I should have stick the peeling sticker down with another sticker instead of just peeling it off. It looks mad though doesn't it?!

Probably broken ones that get returned? If you can source a load of them, then transfer the stickers to Chinese knock offs, you could make good money on eBay.
Or stops you photocopying them maybe?
Mine’s peeling off too so I’m gonna try this
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions