Furlough

Posted 25th Mar
Hi can anyone shed any light.
Can an employer make you “furlough” due to not been able to attend work because of having no childcare?

Thank you
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
I was under impression furlough was for when a company can’t pay you and would have to lay you off, not childcare problems. There is a section on gov website about it..

gov.uk/gov…ees
Edited by: "Bargainhead" 25th Mar
You can IF your employer agrees. Check this out by Martin Lewis twitter.com/Mar…384
dalfy25/03/2020 11:23

You can IF your employer agrees. Check this out by Martin Lewis …You can IF your employer agrees. Check this out by Martin Lewis https://twitter.com/MartinSLewis/status/1242205852557328384

Thank you, single mother of 4. No real close family who will take my kids in at the time so I can continue to work.
dratsabasti25/03/2020 11:53

Thank you, single mother of 4. No real close family who will take my kids …Thank you, single mother of 4. No real close family who will take my kids in at the time so I can continue to work.

If they are reasonable they should agree, doesn't cost them anything (though hopefully they will top up your wages to 100%!!) and you are back to work for them as soon as this is all over. Good luck.
Last day at work today, getting furloughed tomorrow so blessed to be a Brit, never thought I'll say that but thanks Boris
dratsabasti25/03/2020 11:53

Thank you, single mother of 4. No real close family who will take my kids …Thank you, single mother of 4. No real close family who will take my kids in at the time so I can continue to work.

I see, ask your employer to put you on furlough. He has to apply to the scheme (though details is yet to be finalised by the civil servants). You don't fill in any paperwork directly to the government, as this is done by your employer. You get 80%, and the employer may optionally make up from his own money as much as he wants above the 80%.

1. If you are on a regular period payment amount, then easy to know your 80%,
2. If you are on irregular payment amounts, then your 80% is averaged over your recent past 6 or is it 8 weeks pay or something averaged.

But, you probably would not get this money for several weeks due to admin work to prepare for its implementation. The key is that your employer wants to do it for you, get this on record as email or a letter, and commits to chase the furlough money for you. Some employers may borrow money from bank or use cash reserve to give you the "furlough" in advance, but I doubt it, though there are many loyal bosses around.
Edited by: "splender" 25th Mar
humadoon25/03/2020 12:31

Last day at work today, getting furloughed tomorrow so blessed to be a …Last day at work today, getting furloughed tomorrow so blessed to be a Brit, never thought I'll say that but thanks Boris

Boris et al, I doubt if he would be singing and dancing that he is doing more for the British than the playbooks for French, German , Italian, Dutch, Belgium, Danish...which have gone before. Do you own comparisons.
Edited by: "splender" 25th Mar
splender25/03/2020 13:27

Boris et al, I doubt if he would be singing and dancing that he is doing …Boris et al, I doubt if he would be singing and dancing that he is doing more for the British than the playbooks for French, German , Italian, Dutch, Belgium, Danish...which have gone before. Do you own comparisons.

Mate make the most of what we got, seriously dont you miss the freedoms we had before all this? We take so much for granted, eggs I never thought I'll say that but I miss eggs.
humadoon25/03/2020 18:11

Mate make the most of what we got, seriously dont you miss the freedoms we …Mate make the most of what we got, seriously dont you miss the freedoms we had before all this? We take so much for granted, eggs I never thought I'll say that but I miss eggs.

Cheers, advocaat is good enough.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants