Furniture for a conservatory ????

Found 4th Jun 2017
Hey - Just bought a new house with a conservatory and I'm not sure what kind of furniture to put in it...

Don't want it to be like an old persons house with flowery sofas or anything in it!

But I'm not sure the rattan furniture that's all the craze at the moment would look right either? Think it would be better but they aren't the most comfortable from what I have seen...

Pic of the room!!!

twitter.com/chr…944
Community Updates
AskConservatoryFurniture
13 Comments
Hot Tub.

The rattan furniture needs to be tested before purchase. There are some very uncomfortable ones usually sub £200 but the £500 plus are usually very comfy.
I think rattan furniture would be fine!
What is your budget. How will you use the room - as a dining room or a sitting room?

Original Poster
windym

What is your budget. How will you use the room - as a dining room or a … What is your budget. How will you use the room - as a dining room or a sitting room?

​thinking we would use the room for just sitting... maybe casual eating but not formal dining room meals... would probably for to 750 tops for the right furniture set I think!!
£750 will get you a nice comfy set, have a look round the shops, garden centres etc then see if you can find the same cheaper on Amazon maybe as there are often bargains to be had on there. We got ours reduced from £900 to £350.
If you can you should try the furniture out, what looks comfy on the page may not be in real life. John Lewis have a huge range online including the less fussy garden style furniture which is good quality and comfortable.

johnlewis.com/ket….ds Most of the ranges can be added to and are versatile to fit in the space. Neutral colours will also go with your floor tiles.

Ikea is another store that has huge ranges on show. Great designs and neutral colours ikea.com/gb/…ns/
Dont use leather, it cracks under the sun unless you condition it
Original Poster
rhinopaul

£750 will get you a nice comfy set, have a look round the shops, garden … £750 will get you a nice comfy set, have a look round the shops, garden centres etc then see if you can find the same cheaper on Amazon maybe as there are often bargains to be had on there. We got ours reduced from £900 to £350.

​yeah think I will look around today. hard to know how comfortable they are gonna be from Amazon or other online places... saw this site and it looks nice but never heard if it so a bit of a risk

outandoutoriginal.com/
We have an Ikea 2 seater sofa with matching tub seat and storage footstool all in plain blue. Sofa is small enough to not get in the way, but comfy at the same time. Footstool can be used as additional seating .with a couple of big cushions propped up at the back. Couple of plain cotton throws over them keeps them clean and all would fall within your budget.
ame2607

Dont use leather, it cracks under the sun unless you condition it

Had two leather sofas in my conservatory for 10 years, no sign of cracks but the sun has discoulered it.
chrisredmayne

yeah think I will look around today. hard to know how comfortable they … yeah think I will look around today. hard to know how comfortable they are gonna be from Amazon or other online places... saw this site and it looks nice but never heard if it so a bit of a riskhttp://www.outandoutoriginal.com/

Their California and similar ranges are made by Keter (Allibert) - not to be confused by Kettler. Keter can be found in the likes of Argos, Homebase, B&Q, The Range etc, so it's fairly cheap and cheerful but not necessarily great quality. You can get good quality for your budget.

The website you link to is a valid company. Their VAT number is registered to them and is current. They've been trading since 2012.
GrumpyOldGamer

Had two leather sofas in my conservatory for 10 years, no sign of cracks … Had two leather sofas in my conservatory for 10 years, no sign of cracks but the sun has discoulered it.

​Same here
Skyhiigh

Same here

and same here
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions