Groups

G24 parking ticket - Kingswood retail park hull

hey today i get a letter saying on the 17th December i staying 23min over the 3h time i was shopping and didn't realize it was a 3h zone they have me on CCTV entering the park and leaving the park it took me 10 mins to get the car parked and 15 mins to get the car out of the retail park is there anything i can do about this? the fine is £100 i didn't spend a lot of money tbh i spent 90% of the time waiting in a que surly 3h in a Tesco car park is ok but in a big retail park inst long at all especially during Christmas time

any help on this will be perfect i have read a little online and sort of mix results

42 Comments

Banned

Depends on if it is a parking ticket or fine, if it is from a private company and they send you an invoice then payment is not needed because you can argue it.

Think MRCARP got banned for linking to MSE?!
    If it's a private company (non-council) then you're safe to ignore. They'll send you increasingly threatening letters and maybe even a fake solicitor letter but they have no powers to force you to pay

They don't have any powers at all. Only police and councils can enforce parking fines.

Just totally ignore all letters. Eventually they'll stop.

Oh yes they do ! Private parking companies are taking hundreds of motorists to court every year - usually the ones that have totally ignored their invoices.They normally win by default - ie you don't defend it. This results in a ccj against you.
    Do NOT allow this to happen. Go to the MSE site and look for 'parking tickets, fines and Parking board. Don't contact the ppc until you have received advice from the regulars there and certainly do not name the driver ! The best way to deal with this is to get it cancelled, rather than make yourself vulnerable to a court hearing. Pepipoo is another site where you will gain good advice. Good luck.

yanzui

They don't have any powers at all. Only police and councils can enforce … They don't have any powers at all. Only police and councils can enforce parking fines.Just totally ignore all letters. Eventually they'll stop.

https://www.saga.co.uk/magazine/motoring/cars/using/2016/parking-fines-on-private-land#

The most common type of parking ticket is a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) issued by local authorities if you park incorrectly or for too long on public land.

Private companies can issue parking tickets and may call them Parking Charge Notices, but they are not the same as the Penalty Charge Notice.

They are not backed up by law. Instead, they are invoices for a breach of contract.

If the car park operator wants to force you to pay, they will need to take you to the civil court, which is costly and time-consuming.

If the car park operator takes you to court and wins, you then have pay the costs in addition to the original charge. If you lose and still refuse to pay, you could find the judgment going on to your credit file and damaging your chances of borrowing or taking out contracts, such as for mobile phones.

Edited by: "dozstanford" 28th Dec 2016

Something else to consider is that they have 6 years from the date of the discretion to sue you in the small claims court. They are allowed to obtain the keepers details from the dvla for £2.50. If you move house in the next 6 years you will be unaware that court proceeding have been instigated. The ppc will e allowed a 'win' by default and a ccj will be registered against your name. Then and only then will the ppc pay a tracing company to find your new address to recover their monies owed.
    Do yourself a favour, gain the advice from the above sites before doing anything, and you will be able to kill this stone dead. Ignore it and it will come back to haunt you.

ps 'Grace periods' have to be allowed under their governing bodies codes of practice on entering and leaving private car parks, so you have a good defence point straight away !

Banned

yotmon

Oh yes they do ! Private parking companies are taking hundreds of … Oh yes they do ! Private parking companies are taking hundreds of motorists to court every year - usually the ones that have totally ignored their invoices.They normally win by default - ie you don't defend it. This results in a ccj against you. Do NOT allow this to happen. Go to the MSE site and look for 'parking tickets, fines and Parking board. Don't contact the ppc until you have received advice from the regulars there and certainly do not name the driver ! The best way to deal with this is to get it cancelled, rather than make yourself vulnerable to a court hearing. Pepipoo is another site where you will gain good advice. Good luck.

No it doesnt. It may result in a judgement against you but if you pay it after judgement within the time limits advised you do NOT get a CCJ that will appear on your record at all.

YouDontWantToKnow

No it doesnt. It may result in a judgement against you but if you pay it … No it doesnt. It may result in a judgement against you but if you pay it after judgement within the time limits advised you do NOT get a CCJ that will appear on your record at all.

So rather than ignoring it, it would be far more prudent to fight it such as trying to gather evidence of improper signage especially as the OP said they did not realise it was a 3hr limit zone.

we have just had a similar situation in the midlands going 15 mins over a 2 hr limit. i appealled given my mother was with us and she had a disability badge with up to 3 hrs parking limit on. they still rejected our claim as we could not produce receipts 4 weeks after the incident which were all for either consumable foods or clothing we had worn so binned the receipts !

Banned

dozstanford

So rather than ignoring it, it would be far more prudent to fight it such … So rather than ignoring it, it would be far more prudent to fight it such as trying to gather evidence of improper signage especially as the OP said they did not realise it was a 3hr limit zone.

Not getting involved.

But if you get a judgement against you then you have time to pay by the court before any judgement will appear on your record.

sevinozwell

we have just had a similar situation in the midlands going 15 mins over a … we have just had a similar situation in the midlands going 15 mins over a 2 hr limit. i appealled given my mother was with us and she had a disability badge with up to 3 hrs parking limit on. they still rejected our claim as we could not produce receipts 4 weeks after the incident which were all for either consumable foods or clothing we had worn so binned the receipts !

​If you paid by card you could have shown your bank statements

Two points: 1. Since you have contravened the parking rules you could just pay and put it down to experience. After all, if everyone just overstayed it has a knock on effect to others looking for parking and to business that are trying to make a living.
    2. If memory serves me right I beleive tickets of this nature can only be issued against the driver of the vehicle and not the registered keeper. So ask for photograpic evidence of the driver and if they cant provide it there is nothing they can do as the onus is on them to prove you were behind the wheel and you have right in law not to disclose who was driving. ☺

Original Poster

since writing this i have been back to kingswood retail park in hull and looked around and it is cleary noted but not easy to spot the signs as driving stop start movement and watching other drivers as before took me a good 10mins to get parked wasn't there for long and still took 5mins to exit. the car that got issued the ticket wasn't mine my friends car we wer both wer driving i think it was me driving in and out of the park tbh looked at the picture they sent of the car entering and exiting the park doesn't clearly show who was the driver. i just dont know what to do

bridtown

since writing this i have been back to kingswood retail park in hull and … since writing this i have been back to kingswood retail park in hull and looked around and it is cleary noted but not easy to spot the signs as driving stop start movement and watching other drivers as before took me a good 10mins to get parked wasn't there for long and still took 5mins to exit. the car that got issued the ticket wasn't mine my friends car we wer both wer driving i think it was me driving in and out of the park tbh looked at the picture they sent of the car entering and exiting the park doesn't clearly show who was the driver. i just dont know what to do

The letter you were sent will provide all the details on how you can appeal this and indeed how to pay it.
    Additionally this clicky web page from Citizens Advice explains the various actions you can take. If after reading you are unsure what to do then simply get in touch with citizens advice well before the period you have been given to respond.

bridtown

since writing this i have been back to kingswood retail park in hull and … since writing this i have been back to kingswood retail park in hull and looked around and it is cleary noted but not easy to spot the signs as driving stop start movement and watching other drivers as before took me a good 10mins to get parked wasn't there for long and still took 5mins to exit. the car that got issued the ticket wasn't mine my friends car we wer both wer driving i think it was me driving in and out of the park tbh looked at the picture they sent of the car entering and exiting the park doesn't clearly show who was the driver. i just dont know what to do

bridtown

since writing this i have been back to kingswood retail park in hull and … since writing this i have been back to kingswood retail park in hull and looked around and it is cleary noted but not easy to spot the signs as driving stop start movement and watching other drivers as before took me a good 10mins to get parked wasn't there for long and still took 5mins to exit. the car that got issued the ticket wasn't mine my friends car we wer both wer driving i think it was me driving in and out of the park tbh looked at the picture they sent of the car entering and exiting the park doesn't clearly show who was the driver. i just don't know what to do

Okay, you really need to do some research - not here on 'hot uk deals' but on the 2 sites i named previously. Explain exactly what happened and where - who the ppc is and that the 'keeper' was not the driver. If the ticket is in your friends name (the keeper) and he wasn't driving then you are in a good position. I repeat DO NOT tell them who was driving. Unless they adhere to the EXACT letter of the law of the Protection of Freedoms act 2012 (POFA) which gives them the right to chase the keeper, then they will only be able to pursue the driver - who they don't know from 'Jack $h1t' !
    Don't worry about being identified by cctv camera, they have no authority to use them. What they have is a ANPR system - (automatic number plate recognition system). TBH, if the photo is clear and you look nothing like your friend (the keeper) then this bit of evidence provided by them will work to his advantage. You need to contact your friend asap, inform him of what i have told you and to get the ball rolling. He/she have a limited time to get an appeal to them - but as long as this is done with assistance ( a pro-forma letter is already prepared for you) from the parking forums then you should get home safe and dry. To understand how these companies operate, have a look on the Parking pranksters blog - it will open your eyes to these dreadful scams !

Go to pepipoo and get advice. I did and had 3 over turned. The days of ignoring seem to have gone but they very very rarely take you to court. You will get debt letters eventually but they will be from the same firm just a different name. Loads of advice online, please read up before you do anything and do not pay without fighting it. Pm me of you need any help

There is a lot of advice being given on here about avoiding payment (myslef included) but lets face it, we all know what a car park looks like and we can all read. If we park in a car park we should take note of the parking restrictions as the land belongs to someone and they have the right to say how long you can park there for. You wouldn't like it if someone dumped themselves on your drive and left their car there would you and I doubt very much you have signs everywhere telling them not to?

The OP has admitted to going over the time so my first bit of advice would be to pay up and learn the lesson, we've all done it you just learn not to do it again. You do not want to run the risk of having debt collectors chasing you for the next five years, whether they get the money out of you in the end doesn't matter, it could still affect your credit rating.

What people on here should be doing is looking at any loopholes to get out of paying charges at NHS hospitals which at an average of £4 an hour is daylight robbery. If they charged a token fee of say £1 an hour or even £1 for two hours they would still make a killing ansdsick people wouldn't have to part with their hard earned cash just to get try and get treatment, attend appointments or visit the sick.

japes

Think MRCARP got banned for linking to MSE?!If it's a private company … Think MRCARP got banned for linking to MSE?!If it's a private company (non-council) then you're safe to ignore. They'll send you increasingly threatening letters and maybe even a fake solicitor letter but they have no powers to force you to pay

So how would you react to someone parking on your drive? It's the same principal, it's private land and they have the right to charge if you overstay same as you would have the right to take action if I dumped my car and left it on your drive.

philhib1964

So how would you react to someone parking on your drive? It's the same … So how would you react to someone parking on your drive? It's the same principal, it's private land and they have the right to charge if you overstay same as you would have the right to take action if I dumped my car and left it on your drive.

​I'd have no rights at all. I can't charge you because I have no authority to. I can't damaged your car, that would be criminal. I could have you charged with trespassing when you come to collect but that would be difficult to prove. If you're causing an obstruction to public highway then police can move you. The most I could do would be take civil action for fly tipping on my land but by picking up your car you're removing the evidence. Probably the worst thing I could do is block your car.

dailymail.co.uk/new…tml

philhib1964

There is a lot of advice being given on here about avoiding payment … There is a lot of advice being given on here about avoiding payment (myslef included) but lets face it, we all know what a car park looks like and we can all read.

But it all depends on how well the car park is sign posted. The OP wasn't aware that it was a 3 hour car park, so obviously didn't see the signs. Plus, it sounds as though it wasn't just a supermarket carpark but a retail park. If there was a minimum of 10 shops, that means he was limited to just 18 mins for each shop - and this at xmas time ! It isn't the shops that are gaining from private parking, just the landowner and their agent - the private parking company. The shops are losing customers hand over fist as every time one of the so called 'fines' are handed out then its one less customer that returns to the store. It' s nothing but a money making scam - don't be fooled in believing that they have the shops or customers interests at heart, they are in it to make money any way they can. Most folk do pay up - this industry is worth £millions - Parking Eye was bought for £55 million by Capita because they knew they were onto a winner !
    Edited by: "yotmon" 28th Dec 2016

Contact the fine company and ask who the land owner is, then contact the land owner explaining your disgust, tell them their signs are poor, making it impossible to understand and you feel it's entrapment, then ask for their social media accounts so you can see what their followers have to say, that should do it

yotmon

But it all depends on how well the car park is sign posted. The OP wasn't … But it all depends on how well the car park is sign posted. The OP wasn't aware that it was a 3 hour car park, so obviously didn't see the signs. Plus, it sounds as though it wasn't just a supermarket carpark but a retail park. If there was a minimum of 10 shops, that means he was limited to just 18 mins for each shop - and this at xmas time ! It isn't the shops that are gaining from private parking, just the landowner and their agent - the private parking company. The shops are losing customers hand over fist as every time one of the so called 'fines' are handed out then its one less customer that returns to the store. It' s nothing but a money making scam - don't be fooled in believing that they have the shops or customers interests at heart, they are in it to make money any way they can. Most folk do pay up - this industry is worth £millions - Parking Eye was bought for £55 million by Capita because they knew they were onto a winner !

I'm sorry but we are all educated people. If you park in any car park, signs or not, you know the onus is on you to find out what parking restrictions are in place. You are a fool if you assume you can just park and leave your car as long as you like. Although this is not stricktly 'law' ignorance of the law is no excuse and it should be the same for car parks that are privately owned. Beleive me when I say I am absolutely against paying for parking (I am the sad one who will drive around for 20 minutes looking for somewhere free rather than have to pay fees) but even I know that where there is land, especially in a built up area, it will belong to someone and that someone will have the right to charge you to park on it. And one more point is that maybe shoppers are losing money because people are parking and not spending in their shops but going elsewhere because the lentgh of stay is 3 hours+ I see this all the time.

philhib1964

I'm sorry but we are all educated people. If you park in any car park, … I'm sorry but we are all educated people. If you park in any car park, signs or not, you know the onus is on you to find out what parking restrictions are in place. You are a fool if you assume you can just park and leave your car as long as you like. Although this is not stricktly 'law' ignorance of the law is no excuse and it should be the same for car parks that are privately owned. Beleive me when I say I am absolutely against paying for parking (I am the sad one who will drive around for 20 minutes looking for somewhere free rather than have to pay fees) but even I know that where there is land, especially in a built up area, it will belong to someone and that someone will have the right to charge you to park on it. And one more point is that maybe shoppers are losing money because people are parking and not spending in their shops but going elsewhere because the lentgh of stay is 3 hours+ I see this all the time.

I can see the point you are making. But here is a short copy and paste from a recent post on a parking forum. After reading it, tell me if u agree that they should pay the hundreds of pounds claimed.

Hi, I’m Newbie here.
    Sorry about my English, but its not my Mother Tongue.
    At January2016 I parked at Peel Centre Stockport, bought ticket for 3 hours, but didn’t realise there is just letter E instead of my whole registration number.
    After week I received Parking Charge Notice from Excel Parking. I was thinking its just simply mistake, fortunately found this ticket in my car, then send them photo of it.
    I realised there is just letter E after month when they sent me a letter that I failed to purchase valid ticket as I entered E rather than required details, so appeal was rejected.
    After that I made an appeal to IAS which has been dismissed.
    After plenty of notices from BWLegal finally I received Claim Form few days ago.
    The main question is:
    Is still worth to defence if I used plenty of irrelevant defences to IAS follow my unprofessional searches on internet (simply copied and modified quotes)?
    Or should I give up and pay them total amount 235.40?

Once you had entered your reg.no. AND paid the price of parking, would you diligently examine the ticket to see if the correct reg.no. had been printed. And that's if you were in fact aware that the reg.no. would actually have been placed on the ticket. This 'fault' with the ticket machines at the Peel centre is well known by the owners, yet they still issue court proceedings in an attempt to scam the motorist.

philhib1964

I'm sorry but we are all educated people. If you park in any car park, … I'm sorry but we are all educated people. If you park in any car park, signs or not, you know the onus is on you to find out what parking restrictions are in place. You are a fool if you assume you can just park and leave your car as long as you like. Although this is not stricktly 'law' ignorance of the law is no excuse and it should be the same for car parks that are privately owned. Beleive me when I say I am absolutely against paying for parking (I am the sad one who will drive around for 20 minutes looking for somewhere free rather than have to pay fees) but even I know that where there is land, especially in a built up area, it will belong to someone and that someone will have the right to charge you to park on it. And one more point is that maybe shoppers are losing money because people are parking and not spending in their shops but going elsewhere because the lentgh of stay is 3 hours+ I see this all the time.

You may think we are all educated but that is simply not the case. The last time I researched the matter is that there are more children who leave secondary school without qualifications than go onto University. Why do you think the Regulations state that there must be clear, visible signage? Is it so there can be no mistake whatsoever exactly how much you need to pay and how long you can stay and where exactly you can pay and that you must display your ticket? With modern technology why aren't all car parks of the pay on exit variety? I will tell you why. Because they make more money by people who cannot understand the signage.

Original Poster

Hey thank you for all your replies going to contact CAB and see what they have to say but while I am waiting to see them how would I be able to contact the land owner to see if it possible to get the charge over turned as I read in a link provided it shows the car driving in the park and out of the park doesn't show the amount of time I was parked and how long I was waiting to find a parking space and how long it took for me to exit the park

Thank you again everyone

I wouldn't contact the landowner or the company issued the ticket. Go on to pepipoo website and get help from people who have been there and done that etc.....

bridtown

Hey thank you for all your replies going to contact CAB and see what they … Hey thank you for all your replies going to contact CAB and see what they have to say but while I am waiting to see them how would I be able to contact the land owner to see if it possible to get the charge over turned as I read in a link provided it shows the car driving in the park and out of the park doesn't show the amount of time I was parked and how long I was waiting to find a parking space and how long it took for me to exit the parkThank you again everyone

I wouldn't bother with CAB, they know as much about private parking as you could write on the back of a fag packet ! They will probably mention the Beavis case at the supreme court last year and then tell you to pay the 'fine'.

tardytortoise

You may think we are all educated but that is simply not the case. The … You may think we are all educated but that is simply not the case. The last time I researched the matter is that there are more children who leave secondary school without qualifications than go onto University. Why do you think the Regulations state that there must be clear, visible signage? Is it so there can be no mistake whatsoever exactly how much you need to pay and how long you can stay and where exactly you can pay and that you must display your ticket? With modern technology why aren't all car parks of the pay on exit variety? I will tell you why. Because they make more money by people who cannot understand the signage.

​IMO anyone not able to read a simple parking sign should not be allowed to drive. You dont need a GCSE or a Degree to understand that 3 hours means 3 hours and not 3 hrs 23 minutes? I have been to many countries and even though I dont speak or write the language these types of signs are normally easily understandable by even the thickest of people, me included.

yotmon

I can see the point you are making. But here is a short copy and paste … I can see the point you are making. But here is a short copy and paste from a recent post on a parking forum. After reading it, tell me if u agree that they should pay the hundreds of pounds claimed.Hi, I’m Newbie here.Sorry about my English, but its not my Mother Tongue.At January2016 I parked at Peel Centre Stockport, bought ticket for 3 hours, but didn’t realise there is just letter E instead of my whole registration number.After week I received Parking Charge Notice from Excel Parking. I was thinking its just simply mistake, fortunately found this ticket in my car, then send them photo of it.I realised there is just letter E after month when they sent me a letter that I failed to purchase valid ticket as I entered E rather than required details, so appeal was rejected.After that I made an appeal to IAS which has been dismissed.After plenty of notices from BWLegal finally I received Claim Form few days ago.The main question is:Is still worth to defence if I used plenty of irrelevant defences to IAS follow my unprofessional searches on internet (simply copied and modified quotes)?Or should I give up and pay them total amount 235.40?Once you had entered your reg.no. AND paid the price of parking, would you diligently examine the ticket to see if the correct reg.no. had been printed. And that's if you were in fact aware that the reg.no. would actually have been placed on the ticket. This 'fault' with the ticket machines at the Peel centre is well known by the owners, yet they still issue court proceedings in an attempt to scam the motorist.

​Think you are taking this to the extreme. Where there is a legitimate reason of course you should appeal. This is nothing like not following simple instructions as to parking limitations or at least taking responsible steps to find out what restrictions are in place. why is everyone so quick to defend someone who is not a few minutes over their time but over 20 minutes over their time. It is no excuse to say 'I didnt know it was 3 hours' Would be interested to know what steps OP did take to satisfy themselves there wasnt a set limit?

​Think you are taking this to the extreme. Where there is a legitimate reason of course you should appeal. This is nothing like not following simple instructions as to parking limitations or at least taking responsible steps to find out what restrictions are in place. why is everyone so quick to defend someone who is not a few minutes over their time but over 20 minutes over their time. It is no excuse to say 'I didnt know it was 3 hours' Would be interested to know what steps OP did take to satisfy themselves there wasnt a set limit?[/quote]

I'm not taking anything to the extreme. That was the first post I came across - thousands of others to choose from.
    I'm glad that you agree that if u have a genuine reason then you should be able to appeal. The above poster appealed to the private parking company - which was rejected, then to their 'independent' appeals system, which was also rejected. As shown they are now being pursued for £200+ for parking which they had duly paid for. The parking company do not dispute that they paid for parking, just that they didn't obey one of their rules. As a well known blogger writes - Happy parking !

I would advise against ignoring these letters. Feel free to contest it though.
    Edited by: "kirkatronics" 28th Dec 2016

mmm, was there by any chance a sign worded similar to this one in the car park, if so your argument of how long you spent looking for a space sadly isn't going to work...

i.dailymail.co.uk/i/p…jpg

Edited by: "dozstanford" 29th Dec 2016

Private parking firms annoy the hilt out of me. At the end of the day they are a business designed to make money, so their appeals system is just their for their benefit: 'what's the likelihood the person will pay the fine, and will we win if it went to POPLA/court.'

Just remember - it is not mandatory to show your reg plate on private land, a bit of duct tape does the job nicely!

Also, dash cam footage is a huge weapon in instances like this. If you show that you were in huge queues entering and leaving the car park - they haven't a leg to stand on

118luke

Private parking firms annoy the hilt out of me. At the end of the day … Private parking firms annoy the hilt out of me. At the end of the day they are a business designed to make money, so their appeals system is just their for their benefit: 'what's the likelihood the person will pay the fine, and will we win if it went to POPLA/court.'Just remember - it is not mandatory to show your reg plate on private land, a bit of duct tape does the job nicely! Also, dash cam footage is a huge weapon in instances like this. If you show that you were in huge queues entering and leaving the car park - they haven't a leg to stand on

​I agree with your last comment but the first bit is utter rubbish. Of course they are a business and of course they need to make money. However, they will only make money from you if contravine their parking restrictions. Do you think all land owners should just let everyone park for free and for as long as they want?
    Lets get real guys, the only ones with any gripes are the ones that get caught out.
    IMO a bit similar to those that dislike the Police, normally criminals or those that get caught breaking the law, your general law abiding citizen normally backs and supports the Police.
    Pay the penalty charge and have done with it.

philhib1964

​I agree with your last comment but the first bit is utter rubbish. Of c … ​I agree with your last comment but the first bit is utter rubbish. Of course they are a business and of course they need to make money. However, they will only make money from you if contravine their parking restrictions. Do you think all land owners should just let everyone park for free and for as long as they want?Lets get real guys, the only ones with any gripes are the ones that get caught out.IMO a bit similar to those that dislike the Police, normally criminals or those that get caught breaking the law, your general law abiding citizen normally backs and supports the Police.Pay the penalty charge and have done with it.

Tell that to residents who's housing managements have 'employed' a ppc to patrol the estate to prevent 'fly' parking. Once the problem is resolved, they have no victims other than the residents themselves ! They are issuing hundreds of county court claims against residents who have parked in their own parking spaces ( actually 'owned' by the resident) just because they simply didn't display one of their permits correctly ! Would YOU be happy to hand over £100 after parking YOUR vehicle on YOUR land, just because a permit fell off the dashboard ?

DO NOT PAY IT WITHOUT GETTING HELP FROM A FORUM SET UP TO HELP PEOPLE WITH THESE.

yotmon

Tell that to residents who's housing managements have 'employed' a ppc to … Tell that to residents who's housing managements have 'employed' a ppc to patrol the estate to prevent 'fly' parking. Once the problem is resolved, they have no victims other than the residents themselves ! They are issuing hundreds of county court claims against residents who have parked in their own parking spaces ( actually 'owned' by the resident) just because they simply didn't display one of their permits correctly ! Would YOU be happy to hand over £100 after parking YOUR vehicle on YOUR land, just because a permit fell off the dashboard ?

​I would like to think that I would display my pass iaw the agreement. This is same as the old style tax disc. I knew people that got a new one but because it wasnt on display they got a ticket. Lets stop coming up with excuse after excuse or at least come up with valid points where tickets have been illegally issued.

philhib1964

​I would like to think that I would display my pass iaw the agreement. T … ​I would like to think that I would display my pass iaw the agreement. This is same as the old style tax disc. I knew people that got a new one but because it wasnt on display they got a ticket. Lets stop coming up with excuse after excuse or at least come up with valid points where tickets have been illegally issued.

Here's one for starters - company just blamed the staff for being over zealous - was banned from obtaining dvla data but once the dust settled they were back to their old tricks !

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3229165/Is-PROOF-private-parking-firms-scamming-motorists-Drivers-say-timings-photos-doctored-legally-parked-cars-issued-fines.html

I hope you realise that all the posts I have wrote on this thread are not to assist someone who has flouted the rules of the private parking firm. I have come here to help those who should not have been targeted in the first place. You do understand that you cannot be 'fined' by a private company or individual, so their ticket becomes an invoice which is up to you to either accept or challenge. Have a good look at the ticket - why on earth does it resemble an official Police/Council Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) and why do they call theirs a Parking Charge Notice (PCN). It is an attempt to fool the general public into believing that they have to pay within a set period of time - which is legal rubbish ! They have no more power than yourself to obtain money from someone other than by suing them through the small claims court.
    You mentioned earlier that it doesn't matter about signs - yes it does. They rely on the sign as evidence that you entered a 'contract' with the parking firm and it is this breach of contract that they will take you to court for - not an offence, not a crime, but a breach of contract.
    You also mentioned that the OP went over his time so is should pay up. Are you aware that any ppc must adhere to its own governing bodies codes of practice - either the BPA or the IAS. Both these bodies state that a 'grace period' MUST be given to allow a motorist to enter the car park, park their vehicle and later leave. In a recent court case, the judge ruled that driving around a car park trying to find a parking space cannot be classed as parking and threw the case out. If the OP takes the advice given, and with assistance in appealing, he/she should easily get this cancelled. Let's just hope they do !
    Edited by: "yotmon" 29th Dec 2016
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Amazon prime subscribe & save47
      2. Tooth extraction88
      3. Decent Mp3 Player?33
      4. Box Nation44

See more discussions