Gadget / console protection

Posted 24th Jan
Hi all,

I’m having Currys pester me at the moment to take out their repair and replace product, at £2.49 a month for a switch doesn’t appear that bad as it’s a handheld product too, I’ve read the reviews online about Currys after care and they don’t rate well!

Does anybody have their console covered by anyone else whom they can recommend ?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
I guess mine is technically covered by my house insurance (£50 excess), always worth checking.
It's rarely a good idea to pay protection money.
Is accidental damage included as that's probably the biggest risk to a hendheld product
Never worth it
That’s how currys make their money from selling cover. I’ve bought consoles and white goods from them and never taken the cover and there all still working. I wouldn’t bother if I was u
Gormond24/01/2020 14:16

I guess mine is technically covered by my house insurance (£50 excess), …I guess mine is technically covered by my house insurance (£50 excess), always worth checking.

Would you really want to claim for something worth £250 on your house insurance. I know I wouldn't. You'll pay that in extra premiums.
Edited by: "MonkeyMan90" 24th Jan
Scotland131424/01/2020 17:09

That’s how currys make their money from selling cover. I’ve bought con …That’s how currys make their money from selling cover. I’ve bought consoles and white goods from them and never taken the cover and there all still working. I wouldn’t bother if I was u

Just because you haven't had a problem doesn't mean nobody else will. I'm no fan of insurance myself but its one of them items where if you use it once you've got your monies worth and you'll be glad you bought it. I used to work for curry's 9 years ago and it's actually a really good cover if it can be had for cheap enough. Granted on some items it is expensive and I wouldn't but on other items it is relatively cheap and worth paying for a couple of years extra. For example your washing machine. If it breaks under manufacturers warranty they come out whenever they can could be a week later. With paid cover from curry's it's next day. Like I say I don't buy it myself but that's a risk I'm willing to take but each individual has their own circumstances.
MonkeyMan9024/01/2020 22:05

Would you really want to claim for something worth £250 on your house …Would you really want to claim for something worth £250 on your house insurance. I know I wouldn't. You'll pay that in extra premiums.

No but then I wouldn't consider insuring something at £250 either.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants