Groups

Galaxy recall issued as Mars admits some chocolates may contain Salmonella (Includes Teasers!)

Editor
    Global confectionery giant Mars has confirmed that it is recalling some of its most popular chocolate products, citing the risk of Salmonella.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41wgYvz4YNL.jpg
    (Via The Independent)

The company said that the precautionary recall affects some of its Galaxy milk chocolate bars, as well as some of its Minstrels products and Maltesers Teasers.

The products affected have a best before date of either 6 May 2018 or 13 May 2018 and Mars said that only “a small number of these products” had been distributed in the UK and Ireland.

“Although we've had no related complaints, as a precaution we have made the decision to voluntarily recall the products potentially affected by this issue in order to ensure the safety and confidence of our consumers,” the company said in a statement.

It said that it had “detected the possible presence of Salmonella from the ingredients used in making” some of its products and said that consumers who have bought them should not eat them but keep them, contact Mars’ consumer care team and arrange return and refund.

A spokesperson said that Mars was “working closely with the relevant food safety authorities” as well as its customers “to ensure that the affected products are no longer available for purchase”.

“No other brands or varieties of chocolate, pack formats, bar sizes or best before dates are affected,” the spokesperson added.

9 Comments

Thanks for posting this info

There are no contact details for anyone effected

Kerryb15

There are no contact details for anyone effected

Contact details
    Mars said UK consumers can call 0800 952 0084 to get their money back and Irish consumers can contact 1890 812 315.
    Edited by: "Chickedy" 9th Jun

Full list of products affected:

The recalled products are:

Galaxy Milk 200g Bar - product code AC76R, batches 719G1SLO00, 719G2SLO00, with the best before date of May 6, 2018, and batches 720A2SLO00, 720B1SLO00 with the best before date of May 13, 2018

Galaxy Milk 4x42g Multipack Bars - product code AF67D, batches 719G1SLO00 and 719G2SLO00 with the best before date of May 6, 2018.

Galaxy Milk 42g Bar - product code AN22R, batch number 719G2SLO00, with the best before date of May 6, 2018.

Galaxy Counters 78g Treat Bag - product code AW99N, batch number 719G2SLO00, with the best before date of May, 6, 2018.

Galaxy Counters 112g Pouch - product code AW99G in Ireland, batch numbers 720B1SLO00 and 720C1SLO00 with best before dates of May 13, 2018.

Maltesters Teasers 35g Bar - product code AX46E, batches 720C1SLO00 and 720D2SLO00 in the UK and Ireland, with the best before date of May 13, 2018.

Galaxy Minstrels 118g Pouch (Sweet Nights In promotion) - product code BJ30K, batch number 720B1SLO00, with the best before date of May 13, 2018.

am I ok with my packet of polios?

random_dude

am I ok with my packet of polios?

​*snickers*

Ah the wonders of the chocolate salmonella diet. Eat as much lovely chocolate as you want over the weekend then take a week off work as you crap yourself sill y . No weight gain.

They SAY it's salmonella.. but who knows what they are putting in our food these days

In the olden days when chocolate bars were "proper" sizes, I guess Salmonella might have done you harm.
    But, now they've reduced the size to promote a healthy diet and care for the nation's well being AKA ripping us off.
    It'll just make your poop a bit runny.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2488
      2. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller77
      3. word association Game74044545
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1622

See more discussions