Expired

Galaxy S4 Replicas/Clone, Which one and are they any good?

Found 26th Jul 2013
Can't really afford to dish out £500 plus for a Galaxy S4 and wouldn't be comfy dishing out that much for a phone anyway!

I currently have the iPhone 4 and it's becoming a pain in the but and I'm bored of iphones now.

Question is i see there are a lot of Galaxy S4 replicas/clones floating about on the internet.

Has anyone bought one or recommend one to get?

Also Pro's and Con's
Community Updates
19 Comments
You get what you pay for.
Original Poster
Yea but for pretty much the same spec and so much cheaper it might be worth a punt?
HammerTime10

this looks good for the … this looks good for the spec:http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Size-136-6-69-8-7-9mm-Full-1-1-i9500-Quad-core-MTK6589-S4-phone/908725932.html

CE safety mark? Would not like to go to bed with this on charge 2 feet away from my head. If these types of things were that good they would sell them in CPW etc.
Banned
I've got s4 clone called star n9500!! guess how long it lasted only 1 week. it has a fault it buzzes and vibarates then turns pages side to side. my cousin got s3 and that's going back too. I bought mine from amazon/dracotec company had 6 5* reviews but this won't!!!! over all the Mobile is good oh yea the volumes on these are 25% low than original mobiles!!
Even the genuine S4 is shockingly bad, so these clones cant be much worse.
Have you looked here focalprice.com/
Original Poster
Graham1979

CE safety mark? Would not like to go to bed with this on charge 2 feet … CE safety mark? Would not like to go to bed with this on charge 2 feet away from my head. If these types of things were that good they would sell them in CPW etc.

You do realize the G4 it's self it made in china and in the same factories as the clones somes times. Just because it's branded doesn't make it any less safe!

Also CPW can't sell them because there selling the real ones numtpy! do'h
Edited by: "HammerTime10" 27th Jul 2013
Original Poster
sofiasar

I've got s4 clone called star n9500!! guess how long it lasted only 1 … I've got s4 clone called star n9500!! guess how long it lasted only 1 week. it has a fault it buzzes and vibarates then turns pages side to side. my cousin got s3 and that's going back too. I bought mine from amazon/dracotec company had 6 5* reviews but this won't!!!! over all the Mobile is good oh yea the volumes on these are 25% low than original mobiles!!

After researching for the last 24 hours and talking to alot of people who own them they are fine!

It all depends on the suppliers as well there are so many out there! but I've talked to some people online who all get there's from a certain supplier and they have been working fine for them!

Only things they recommend is changing the battery to a proper Samsung one and use a proper Samsung charger and bob's your uncle!
Banned
I'd be interested to hear how you get on. But I have to say that I think you'll be disappointed coming from a smooth, legitimate iPhone experience and moving to a cheap, clone Android experience. I hope this isn't your first foray into the World of Android as it may just put you off. Within reason, it's still very true that you get what you pay for.
HammerTime10

You do realize the G4 it's self it made in china and in the same … You do realize the G4 it's self it made in china and in the same factories as the clones somes times. Just because it's branded doesn't make it any less safe! Also CPW can't sell them because there selling the real ones numtpy! do'h

WHAT A TOTAL MORONIC RESPONSE, Samsung and iPhone MADE IN CHINA ARE MADE UNDER LICENCE AND UNDERGO SAFETY CHECKS TO ENSURE THEIR SAFETY. When they meet the E.U regulations then they are stamped with the CE seal. Do you honestly think these £30 one day wonders go the same inspection process, really? Now have a good think then troll off back to the "It's just as good as the real thing cave" and take your non-CE stamped goods with you

You are buying cheap rubbish, think of it as a fools gold. If they were that good then everybody from Aldi to Harrods would be selling their own versions. Amazing that ALL the iPhones and Samsungs that have set on fire recently were using third party (made in a Chinese sweat shop) chargers. You wouldn't put a cloned air bag in your car would you?

EDIT - Just had a head-shake. Good luck with whatever you buy, you asked for advice and have been given it by a few different people. Just look forward to seeing your house as an empty shell and your neighbours talking about how nice the family was on the news X)

Why not go for an s3, only £290 in ASDA
Edited by: "Graham1979" 27th Jul 2013
Original Poster
Bought one! And there not £30 you gizzard! £156! Many people have bought the same version and it's fine! As smooth as the S4!
Original Poster
Terrabytes

There are a huge number of clone phones on the market, all varying in … There are a huge number of clone phones on the market, all varying in quality.The one you have linked to is on the lower end of the scale and only 82% satisfaction rating on AliExpress. Personally, I wouldn't have chosen it.

Oh I didn't buy that one. i bought it from Fastcardtech. A number of people have bought it from this supplier so i made sure it was a good supplier.
Original Poster
I've took the proper precaution when ordering.

Paid with pay pal.
Paid extra $5 for insurance in case of non-delivery.

They are the only company to offer this particular model that is the best clone version.

Most of them reviews are of people who do not know what they have. The actual specs are lower than stated which it clearly states on the listing.

Also you need the right ROM to get everything working perfectly.
Terrabytes

OMG!! oOhttp://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/www.fastcardtech.com

To be fair, a lot of those reviews are clearly faked. Four of the 1-star reviews on that page, each from different people from different countries, use the same "honest pal" phrase. How often do you nrmally see or hear that?
Original Poster
I think that's what fasttechcard use at there motto. "your honest pal"

Oh well I'm waiting for delivery at the moment! will update when i get it
HammerTime10

I think that's what fasttechcard use at there motto. "your honest pal" Oh … I think that's what fasttechcard use at there motto. "your honest pal" Oh well I'm waiting for delivery at the moment! will update when i get it

Have you noticed the gender on the photos does not match the names used
Original Poster
Just an update:

I've had the phone for 2 weeks now (nearly) and it's AMAZING!! Lovely build quality it's a 1:1 clone and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference from the original (unless you delve deeper into the phone of course) but for £140 it's a good phone!!

Smooth and the screen is lovely. Camera is ok but there all a bit dodge from china (need a good rom now)

Does anyone know if these phones have IR blaster like the original S4
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants