Galaxy S9

Found 10th May
I have been using the galaxy note phones and currently have the note 4. I am looking to upgrade this summer and was thinking of getting a smaller phone as the note 4 is quite big for my jacket/coat pocket.

I don't like putting it in my handbag or backpack as I can't hear it ring or it takes me too long to get it out to answer a call. I don't have a smart watch and I am not considering one until they start to look more feminine as they all look pretty ugly at the moment and far too masculine, even the ones in pink!

I was thinking of the galaxy S9 but when I went into the store yesterday to have a look at it, it seems to be tall enough but narrower than my note 4. The S9+ look a little bit wider but it was quite tall.

Anyone got any personal experience of the S9 and can comment on how you found it? Someone mentioned on the S9 deal thread that it looked too squashed, which I can only assume to be from it being narrow and tall.
Community Updates
Ask
2 Comments
I can't comment on the S9. But I've a Note 4 and S9+
The S9+ is about 4mm narrower and 4mm taller.

Notifications from the S9+ seem quieter than the Note 4. But I just leave them on one mid level setting.
I do use a Smartwatch (that vibrates) and without it, I wouldn't have realised I'd received a text, email etc.

I don't use a case with the Note 4, but I'd recommend either a skin (for the back) or case if you buy any phone with a glass back.
Just to make it more grippy. But the S9+ is easier to hold because it's narrower.

Generally I think it's just about worth upgrading from the Note 4, because of the OS, signal strength of WiFi and cellular, Bluetooth.
But it is an upgrade you could convince yourself you didn't need, if you get my drift.
Derek_Horatio_Shatwell10th May

I can't comment on the S9. But I've a Note 4 and S9+The S9+ is about 4mm …I can't comment on the S9. But I've a Note 4 and S9+The S9+ is about 4mm narrower and 4mm taller.Notifications from the S9+ seem quieter than the Note 4. But I just leave them on one mid level setting.I do use a Smartwatch (that vibrates) and without it, I wouldn't have realised I'd received a text, email etc.I don't use a case with the Note 4, but I'd recommend either a skin (for the back) or case if you buy any phone with a glass back.Just to make it more grippy. But the S9+ is easier to hold because it's narrower.Generally I think it's just about worth upgrading from the Note 4, because of the OS, signal strength of WiFi and cellular, Bluetooth.But it is an upgrade you could convince yourself you didn't need, if you get my drift.

i don't like the idea of using a case for the phone as it makes it bigger and more bulky. hopefully i won't drop it.

as the s9+ is taller than the note 4, i would struggle to get it to fit into my jacket or coat pocket as some of it would stick out of the pocket, which makes it less secure. hence i am leaning towards the S9, which is shorter. i would prefer a phone that is shorter than the note 4 but just as wide.

i want to upgrade as i find that phone technology moves so fast that the note 4 is already becoming a dinosaur with its limitations on new technology.

the notification is loud enough on the note 4 and i have it set at low volume so i would expect by setting it at higher volume on the S9 would be equivalent.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions