Galaxy S9 users - notification question

Found 20th Mar
So I’m thinking of switching from apple to android , a S9 most probably. I can’t find a straight answer on the net , if I get a text , email , missed call or any other kind of notification while the phone is in sleep will the screen light up and show me a preview of the notification ? And if for example I don’t touch the phone for 2 hours when I wake it up will I see all notifications on the lock screen like I would do on iPhone.

Thanks
Community Updates
AskSamsung Galaxy S9
10 Comments
If its anything like previous versions of android then it's fully customisable to do whatever you prefer.
Yes
Yes it will show the notifications.
You can also control which notification you want to see.
For example you can choose to show your WhatsApp messages on the lockscreen but hide your email so it only shows you have email without revealing the content.
It is customisable for all the apps.
Yes as already answered.
Original Poster
Thanks all , might take the plunge soon !
rosscopecotrain1 h, 40 m ago

Thanks all , might take the plunge soon !

Don’t you will regret it and like thousands of others your ad on eBay will say for sale as I couldn’t get used to android so going back to iPhone in excellent condition hardly used
the.porter2 m ago

Don’t you will regret it and like thousands of others your ad on eBay will …Don’t you will regret it and like thousands of others your ad on eBay will say for sale as I couldn’t get used to android so going back to iPhone in excellent condition hardly used

I take it that the iPhone doesn't help you with typing.
Original Poster
the.porter8 m ago

Don’t you will regret it and like thousands of others your ad on eBay will …Don’t you will regret it and like thousands of others your ad on eBay will say for sale as I couldn’t get used to android so going back to iPhone in excellent condition hardly used

Thats what I'm worried about. I've tried switching about 5 years back but couldn't get on with android. Think it's time to try again , so sick of how boring iOS is , 10 years with the same interface is a bit much now !
Well, i am the opposite as i cant cope with apple products and much prefer android, which to me is more intuitive.
As the S9 has an OLED screen it also has always on screen as an option which allows you to have any notifications displayed on the screen all the time with barely any battery use.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions