Found 15th Aug 2007
Anyone else get this...

Dear Customer,

It has come to our attention that we erroneously sent multiple copies of an email to you yesterday.

Please accept our most sincere apologies for this mishap, and please find below a unique Offer Code that will allow you to save 5.00GBP the next time you spend over 30.00GBP on the GAME.co.uk site. Please note the terms and conditions below.

XXXXXX

To utilise the Offer Code, please enter the code into the Offer Code box to the right of the Checkout when you complete your purchase.

We have punished the IT employee responsible to the fullest extent of our power - we have suspended his World of Warcraft account for a whole month.

Kindest regards,
The GAME.co.uk Team

GAME.co.uk offer code terms and conditions
1.Offer code valid until 30th September 2007 2.Offer code only redeemable at game.co.uk and not in any GAME stores 3.Only one offer code redemption per customer 4.Minimum spend £30 5.Cannot be redeemed against gift vouchers, hardware and software bundles, GAME Digital: On Demand service and mobile games 6.Cash value of the voucher is 0.001p 7.No alternative offered 8.GAME reserves the right to withdraw from this promotion at any time.

12 Comments

I'm signed up to the regular game mailing list, didn't get anything of the sort. it wouldn't ge a generic code though would it?

"We have punished the IT employee responsible to the fullest extent of our power - we have suspended his World of Warcraft account for a whole month.
"
That's the punishment for spamming from their company?
What a joke!

If I was their security manager, I'd be taking that employee downtown to chinatown.

F00lz

Shimagoza

Original Poster

No, it looks user specific but thats what i was getting at... checking others codes

They did spam me with 9 identical e-mails yesterday so i sent them a moan e-mail and by the way they wrote the e-mail it seemed like they sent it to loads and not just me.

When you sent the 'moan' email, did you reply via the emails they sent you or did you open an independant GAME window and contact them via their home page?

We have punished the IT employee responsible to the fullest extent of our … We have punished the IT employee responsible to the fullest extent of our power - we have suspended his World of Warcraft account for a whole month.

It does seem the kind of email they would send...

They're trying the witty comments thing at the moment I'd noticed.

Original Poster

jelli89

When you sent the 'moan' email, did you reply via the emails they sent … When you sent the 'moan' email, did you reply via the emails they sent you or did you open an independant GAME window and contact them via their home page?

Moaned throught the contact us section on the ]game.co.uk

ive replied saying this voucher is no good as the game i want is £24.99 :-D

Err should we all "moan" about the number of emails received
I wonder if they actually check?

Aria.co.uk spam me with 2 of the same emails everytime, rather annoying but not to bothered.

Original Poster

2 is ok, 9 is not... 9 is worth £5 minimum!

gary_rip

2 is ok, 9 is not... 9 is worth £5 minimum!

Yeah but they do it every time lol, ebuyer do it as well. Everyday nearly it's 2 each time.

Original Poster

gary_rip

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522899
    2. Add one, leave one game54415483
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247676
    4. Premium baked beans just 99p for 4 cans from ALDI!2244

See more discussions