Game and price matching?

Hi folks

Just wondered if any of you have had any joy getting Game to price match? Had a look at the website and can find no mention of it.....

Thanks in advance!

17 Comments

i think they stopped price matching. i know gamestation do though.

Yerp - Gamestation +1

i know gamestation do though.

Original Poster

Thats a shame, I've got 15 quid on my Game card and was hoping they would match HMV for me, oh well..........

Everytime ive tried manager has said not.

All they say is they pricematch full price items :thinking:

So nothing basically lol

no they dont at all - they refused my attempt last time.

Personally i would avoid them though because they are overpriced and refuse to compete.

I had 2 coipes of COD MW 2 preordered and bought them elsewhere because they were overpriced in game

as mentioned before gamestation price match, just wondering would they price match trade ins? say i take pes2010 and i say cex will give me £24 for this, would they match it?

sensation;6905099

as mentioned before gamestation price match, just wondering would they … as mentioned before gamestation price match, just wondering would they price match trade ins? say i take pes2010 and i say cex will give me £24 for this, would they match it?

yes gamestation would give you £25. (usually a pound extra) unless its not financially good for them then they'd say they wouldnt accept it.

Funny how they differ so much when they are basically the same company

Paddy_o_furniture;6905144

Funny how they differ so much when they are basically the same company

Ford & Aston Martin are "basically" the same Company too.

BFN,

fp.

GAME is a rip off store.......avoid wasting time there

i bet they havent got 1 title which another company cant beat on price.

Game don't price match any more... Gamestation do and they are the same company!

I'm an xmas temp there and even their trade in prices are poor... but they are really popular and will always get the business

any one no what game trade in for sealed copy of codmw2 ps3 is

and gamestations price is

and how to gamestation do the cash - on gift card or cash in hand.

as was looking to get brutal legends but i think instore will be more than the online price of 22.99

Banned

In my experience, you get a third less cash than you would do credit on a giftcard. If you want cash, sell it privately.

fanpages;6905201

Ford & Aston Martin are "basically" the same Company too.BFN,fp.

So are you saying Game is a premium brand as opposed to gamestation?

Paddy_o_furniture;6906707

So are you saying Game is a premium brand as opposed to gamestation?

GamePlay is the "parent" organisation that deals online only.
Yes, if you wish, GAME is the market leader & the perceived premium brand, with GameStation being the less attractive subsidiary.

(There are a few other mergers & acquisitions involved over the years, but for the sake of this comparison I think this is all that is needed)

My point was that just because they have the same parent organisation it doesn't mean their prices have to be similar.

For example, back to the motor industry... Fiat owns Alfa Romeo, Maserati & Ferrari (amongst many others).

BFN,

fp.

fanpages;6906848

GamePlay is the "parent" organisation that deals online only.Yes, if you … GamePlay is the "parent" organisation that deals online only.Yes, if you wish, GAME is the market leader & the perceived premium brand, with GameStation being the less attractive subsidiary.(There are a few other mergers & acquisitions involved over the years, but for the sake of this comparison I think this is all that is needed)My point was that just because they have the same parent organisation it doesn't mean their prices have to be similar.For example, back to the motor industry... Fiat owns Alfa Romeo, Maserati & Ferrari (amongst many others).BFN,fp.

I'm well aware of the fiat situation, we could be here all day if we went to parent companies as examples. I wouldn't class game as a market leader or premium brand. We could be here all day so I'll leave it at that, you continue on your parent company high horse if you must

Paddy_o_furniture;6906891

I'm well aware of the fiat situation, we could be here all day if we went … I'm well aware of the fiat situation, we could be here all day if we went to parent companies as examples. I wouldn't class game as a market leader or premium brand. We could be here all day so I'll leave it at that, you continue on your parent company high horse if you must

Or not. I was just responding to your lead (not the stuff that used to be in petrol).

I think GAME is over-priced as much as everybody else who has probably jumped into this thread.

Are you having a bad day? If so, please don't take it out on me. Thanks.

BFN,

fp.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4532115
    2. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2546
    3. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…66
    4. Sonos says let us spy or your stereo will not work77

See more discussions