Game cancellations

Found 27th Dec 2017
Hey all I have ordered a Xbox one x from game and want to cancel as I have changed my mind and gone for the Tesco deal.

my question is.. can I cancel before they despatch and what happens now they have already emailed me one of the games digitally? I obviously won't be using it so hope I can cancel fully without issues.

thanks.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
11 Comments

Providing you haven’t used the code - you have the right to return hassle free for 14 days. It might be quicker to refuse delivery and email game to inform them of your intentions.

You might not be able to cancel the game if they've sent the code, check their T&C's as Tesco Direct you can't cancel once you hit the pay now button.

Original Poster

hairray9 m ago

Providing you haven’t used the code - you have the right to return hassle f …Providing you haven’t used the code - you have the right to return hassle free for 14 days. It might be quicker to refuse delivery and email game to inform them of your intentions.

I am having it delivered to their store so I was thinking of just ringing and telling them I won't be having it.

They could refund u minus the game as the code cannot be put back into the system to sell on

Original Poster

richje1001 m ago

They could refund u minus the game as the code cannot be put back into the …They could refund u minus the game as the code cannot be put back into the system to sell on

I would probably accept that as I would just sell on the code.

You think I should be ok otherwise though?

Matty87872 m ago

I would probably accept that as I would just sell on the code.You think I …I would probably accept that as I would just sell on the code.You think I should be ok otherwise though?

Ye defo. With majority (if not all) online purchases you don't have the option to see it before buying so I can't see any reason Why you can't cancel and refuse it. If you say it's because of price they might get funny but if you say you simply changed your mind u should be Ok

Original Poster

richje1003 m ago

Here u go this will help …Here u go this will help uhttps://www.help.game.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/115004733089-Consumer-Contracts-Regulations-2013

Interesting, this bit answers my question I think:

orders for digital downloads cannot be cancelled once the download has started. This does not apply for Microsoft Digital Credit which may be returned in line and according to our Returns and Refunds policy.

Matty87871 m ago

Interesting, this bit answers my question I think:orders for digital …Interesting, this bit answers my question I think:orders for digital downloads cannot be cancelled once the download has started. This does not apply for Microsoft Digital Credit which may be returned in line and according to our Returns and Refunds policy.

Ye I thought of that. Fingers crossed u should be Ok . Worth printing it out or taking a screen print of it in case u get into a bit of hassle

Original Poster

richje1006 m ago

Ye I thought of that. Fingers crossed u should be Ok . Worth printing …Ye I thought of that. Fingers crossed u should be Ok . Worth printing it out or taking a screen print of it in case u get into a bit of hassle

I will have my phone so will show them the email.

Thanks for the help

Matty87874 m ago

I will have my phone so will show them the email.Thanks for the help

No worries. Let me know how u get on
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions