Game from Music Magpie poor condition

I've recently just bought a wii game from music magpie and the disc is scratched quite badly, the cover art sleeve is worn out and the case isn't the usual white case it's a replacement " cheap see through case" and the middle button to pop the disc out is broken, I payed with paypal, can I get refunded for this and still keep the game? I've ordered about 8 games from music magpie in the past and they have all been in great condition, this time i wasn't so lucky and it's done my head in to be honest considering their supposed " meticulous quality checks"

Do i have to post the game back to them if I get refunded? I can't be bothered with the hastle of sending it back but in my opinion i should be able to at least complain to them and get some money credited back to my paypal account for it being in crap condition, do i have any chance of being treated kindly by them? Or will they just fob me off? thanks in advance for any help.

10 Comments

store.musicmagpie.co.uk/faqs

What is your returns policy for Media items?

Our ‘Replay’ items are covered by our Quality Guarantee, meaning should you receive an item that does not meet the Guarantee criteria; we will refund or replace it for you.

If you feel as though an item which you have received is below standard, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us at contactus@musicmagpie.co.uk with a full explanation of the problem and we will resolve the issue for you.

Please make sure you include your order number in all correspondence.

You can find full details on our returns policy and money back guarantee in our Terms and Conditions.

Original Poster

cdm22

http://store.musicmagpie.co.uk/faqsWhat is your returns policy for Media … http://store.musicmagpie.co.uk/faqsWhat is your returns policy for Media items?Our ‘Replay’ items are covered by our Quality Guarantee, meaning should you receive an item that does not meet the Guarantee criteria; we will refund or replace it for you.If you feel as though an item which you have received is below standard, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us at [email protected] with a full explanation of the problem and we will resolve the issue for you.Please make sure you include your order number in all correspondence.You can find full details on our returns policy and money back guarantee in our Terms and Conditions.

​thanks, i'll contact them

I've had a similar situation but with books. Some were so tatty that you really didn't want to pick them up. I didn't​ think their used items would be covered with returns so that's great to know

I use Music Magpie regularly (to be honest I've found their quality to be excellent) but if the item is faulty ie scratched they do tend to ask for it to be returned, however they do email you a FREEPOST address to return it to and then once it arrives back they refund to your method of payment.

silva21

I use Music Magpie regularly (to be honest I've found their quality to be … I use Music Magpie regularly (to be honest I've found their quality to be excellent) but if the item is faulty ie scratched they do tend to ask for it to be returned, however they do email you a FREEPOST address to return it to and then once it arrives back they refund to your method of payment.

I've returned stuff to them 4 times so far. They could be nasty with returns. If the item is valuable ask the office to pay extra for the postage to be upgraded to tracked because they tend to insist they have not received the returns regardless of how hard you try to prove them you did.

mixmixi

I've returned stuff to them 4 times so far. They could be nasty with … I've returned stuff to them 4 times so far. They could be nasty with returns. If the item is valuable ask the office to pay extra for the postage to be upgraded to tracked because they tend to insist they have not received the returns regardless of how hard you try to prove them you did.

I buy approx 10 dvds per week from them, over the last 12 months I've had to return only 6 items of which 2 they said never received. However make sure you get proof of postage receipt which is FREE from your post office in both cases I emailed them a copy of that and was refunded immediately no problem or hassle. (They do say you should wait 10 days from returning an item to get refunded though.)

silva21

I buy approx 10 dvds per week from them, over the last 12 months I've had … I buy approx 10 dvds per week from them, over the last 12 months I've had to return only 6 items of which 2 they said never received. However make sure you get proof of postage receipt which is FREE from your post office in both cases I emailed them a copy of that and was refunded immediately no problem or hassle. (They do say you should wait 10 days from returning an item to get refunded though.)

Depends on the value of the item. One of my returns was for a £20 game and until I threatened them to chargeback they were not accepting to refund. I did send them the proof as well and luckily that order was retuned via upgraded tracked service

I received a game today, Wrong game in case, sent it back for a refund as they had no more in stock, was only £7 so not that bothered

This happened to me quite recently... They said if I returned the game they would send a refund

Bought a few CDs from then which were scratched in places but worked. Quite funny how their description usually says 'very good condition' and their items have 'gone through meticulous quality checks'.. my eye!!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which Pond Pump22
    2. Laser eye surgery33
    3. Selling advice33
    4. Kia Rio 1.0 T-GDI (petrol) vs Rio 1.4 CRDI (diesel)711

See more discussions