GAME order missing - not offering refund/replacement

Banned
I

19 Comments

Banned

have you checked your neighbours because they might have signed for it on your behalf...

you're screwed!!!

i am still waiting for my game to be delivered by sainsbury's... on it's way back from glasgow now.... hoping they dont try the same nasty trick !!!

ring the police ( not 999 ) and tell them you want to report a theft by the delivery driver.... see what action they suggest??

maybe try phoning parcelforce and tell them you will make a complant to the police, see if they will do more thier end :?

This happened to my mum with catologue goods, waiting for them to arrive but didnt so rang them and they said they were signed for by her, and they were not, so eventually they asked my mum to send in proof of her signature and they then told her that they didnt match so got driver to re check the house where he delivered too.( dont know why that wasnt done 1st)
She got refunded and will not order again because every order still wasnt arriving at her place.

Ask for the name of the person who signed for your delivery & a copy of the signature.

If you know the names of your neighbours then it will be obvious who signed for it.

If you don't, then with the name information gained you can knock on the surrounding doors & ask if they have a parcel for you.

Failing that, tell GAME you wish to cancel your order & you are sending the goods back by Porcel Farce. Ring up in a week & ask why the money has not been re-credited to your account & when they say they have not received the products back say that you've sent them & have the same argument.

When they suggest that it is your responsibility to send them back & to ensure their safe arrival, or Porcel Farce are to blame, direct them back to the conversation you have just had & get them to explain how the situation is any different than that which they explained to you.

Good luck.

PS. As the value of the goods is not trivial you could seek the help of a Citizen's Advice Bureau & the Small Claims Court.

BFN,

fp.

*Points & Laughs*:giggle:

vlj;6907125

I seem to remember on GAME's twitter, a member of staff saying all MW2 … I seem to remember on GAME's twitter, a member of staff saying all MW2 copies will just get posted through the letterbox without a signature - obviously not! but can't seem to find this anymore

We ordered our copy from Game and it was delivered on the Monday at around 730pm by being posted through our letterbox. It said on the packet that it wasnt to be signed for which we thought was strange

I'm interested to see whats happens with this.

If you aren't lying OP then the driver is lying/mistaken.

So.... how to force the issue?

Report to police?

fanpages;6907142

Ask for the name of the person who signed for your delivery & a copy of … Ask for the name of the person who signed for your delivery & a copy of the signature.If you know the names of your neighbours then it will be obvious who signed for it.If you don't, then with the name information gained you can knock on the surrounding doors & ask if they have a parcel for you.Failing that, tell GAME you wish to cancel your order & you are sending the goods back by Porcel Farce. Ring up in a week & ask why the money has not been re-credited to your account & when they say they have not received the products back say that you've sent them & have the same argument.When they suggest that it is your responsibility to send them back & to ensure their safe arrival, or Porcel Farce are to blame, direct them back to the conversation you have just had & get them to explain how the situation is any different than that which they explained to you.Good luck.PS. As the value of the goods is not trivial you could seek the help of a Citizen's Advice Bureau & the Small Claims Court.BFN,fp.

I have a feeling the customer service rep he speaks to may not be able to follow the intelligence of such an argument ;-):thumbsup:

i ordered another game from game and it didnt turn up so i phoned and they said i had to wait 10 days for delivery so i waited 10 days and it still didnt turn up so they just refunded me straight away seems strange they are treating u differntly

Evil gits. Whats the point of having something signed for if ANYONE can sign for it?!

Banned

ViperKeith;6907280

i ordered another game from game and it didnt turn up so i phoned and … i ordered another game from game and it didnt turn up so i phoned and they said i had to wait 10 days for delivery so i waited 10 days and it still didnt turn up so they just refunded me straight away seems strange they are treating u differntly

its because there is a signature to say its been delivered, if i was op i would phone delivery company up, ask for copy of signature to be forwarded to you as you will know be taking legal action

vlj;6907291

Yeah my mate also got his delivered on the day and it didn't require a … Yeah my mate also got his delivered on the day and it didn't require a signature.I've asked all neighbours and no-one has signed for anything (they're trustworthy)The signature on parcel force's website is just a J with a line after it - definitely not my signature.I'll write a letter to game head office, keeping a copy and will send it recorded delivery. The letter will include a copy of my driving license and the rear of my card, proving my signature does not match. It will also explain the rudeness and impoliteness of their customer service team.Anything else I should include?

Dates & times of communication with GAME & the original order reference details.

Ciderbob;6907296

Utter b*stards. Whats the point of having something signed for if ANYONE … Utter b*stards. Whats the point of having something signed for if ANYONE can sign for it?!

Erm... because you may not be present during the hours of delivery & you may wish a friend or relative in your property to sign for it on your behalf.

BFN,

fp.

fanpages;6907353

Dates & times of communication with GAME & the original order reference … Dates & times of communication with GAME & the original order reference details.Erm... because you may not be present during the hours of delivery & you may wish a friend or relative in your property to sign for it on your behalf.BFN,fp.

I know that fp but I mean surely once you've explained that you didnt sanction anyone to sign for it, the process to determine who DID should start.

Used to have things delivered to my neighbour and had a similae situation where their son had stolen my stuff :x- stick to delivery to work now.

Ciderbob;6907370

I know that fp but I mean surely once you've explained that you didnt … I know that fp but I mean surely once you've explained that you didnt sanction anyone to sign for it, the process to determine who DID should start.Used to have things delivered to my neighbour and had a similae situation where their son had stolen my stuff :x- stick to delivery to work now.

Unless there are specific instructions that parcels should not be left with anyone other than the addressee then Porcel Farce (or any courier) will attempt to leave the package with another party if they know the area (as they deliver locally on a regular basis). They may also take it back to the depot & inconvenience you further. It's a tricky call & I wouldn't want to be the one making the decision to leave an item with somebody I didn't know. A signature should be taken but also a name & address too... but even then the situation isn't risk free.

I only hope that this other party "J-" wasn't just somebody passing in the street. It would be very easy to pretend you were a neighbour if you saw a courier trying to deliver a package.

How many times do you sign an electronic screen & the courier actually checks what you've written?

I signed "Mickey Mouse" last week, for instance.

More often that not I just write "unchecked".

BFN,

fp.

If you paid by credit card then stop faffing around ringing game, ring your credit company get them to do a chargeback

Did you ever receive a refund or find your delivery items, vlj?

BFN,

fp.

Original Poster Banned

fanpages

Did you ever receive a refund or find your delivery items, vlj?BFN,fp.

yeah, after a lengthy argument with game and parcelforce

Banned

Thanks for the update
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Did you know?2951
    2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2336
    3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
    4. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66

See more discussions