GAME pre-order not arrived!

Found 15th Sep 2015
So I ordered Destiny:Taken King Limited Edition from GAME online a while back now. Release date is here 15th/Sept and I have not received my order.
They dispatched it last Friday (11th) via Royal Mail 1st class (Generally 1-2 days). Its now 5 days technically albeit 4 if you exclude Sundays. Any suggestions on what I can do, I'm not in the slightest bit happy and I don't want to buy a different copy as you can only buy the limited edition from GAME.
Community Updates
11 Comments
what's Game said?
Original Poster
I've just sent them an email which they say they will respond to within 72 hours. Really useful stuff.

1-2 working days. should be with you tomorrow
Original Poster
kingtreelo

1-2 working days. should be with you tomorrow

They dispatched it Friday 11th. I sound impatient but the whole point of pre-ordering is so that you get it early or on the day of release. I suspect it's been lost
GAME are Terrible, it's you're own fault really
Tiiddy

They dispatched it Friday 11th. I sound impatient but the whole point of … They dispatched it Friday 11th. I sound impatient but the whole point of pre-ordering is so that you get it early or on the day of release. I suspect it's been lost

that's incorrect

a pre-order just means you have ordered the game before it has been released and are guaranteed a copy
Maybe it was marked as dispatched but, wasn't really. It'll probably turn up today, I wouldn't worry about it :). I know it'll be frustrating but, a day after release isn't a big deal in the scheme of things. I'd only start worrying if it doesn't arrive today. I've had pre-orders arrive on time, the day before and the day after.
I won't be blaming GAME as they have excellent delivery recorded despite their awful price, your problem is with royal mail coz GAME use their service, either ur item is lost or delayed by royal mail. wait for GAME reply
Did it arrive yesterday?
Original Poster
Sorry for the late reply. Yes it arrived Wednesday. I've yet to hear back from GAME. I suspect they sent it out Tuesday which despite what other people have said in this thread, pre-ordering should give you priority to receive the game either on the day of release or slightly earlier. It's not hard to figure out when to send stuff so it's arrives on time (i.e. Monday). In this case no one could play the taken king early anyways as the developers were the ones to unlock the content globally at 10am. Won't be shopping with them again anyways, disgusting service especially when I've forked out £80 for the collectors edition too.
Tiiddy

Sorry for the late reply. Yes it arrived Wednesday. I've yet to hear back … Sorry for the late reply. Yes it arrived Wednesday. I've yet to hear back from GAME. I suspect they sent it out Tuesday which despite what other people have said in this thread, pre-ordering should give you priority to receive the game either on the day of release or slightly earlier. It's not hard to figure out when to send stuff so it's arrives on time (i.e. Monday). In this case no one could play the taken king early anyways as the developers were the ones to unlock the content globally at 10am. Won't be shopping with them again anyways, disgusting service especially when I've forked out £80 for the collectors edition too.

It's likely it was sent out Monday, or even the Friday as they claimed. I have pre-ordered from Game before and the times I have, apart from once, it's always been received on release day and the one exception being Halo 4 which I received the day before. More likely Royal Mail's fault than Game's. Was there a time stamp or anything on the parcel so you can determine if it was Game or RM?
Disappointing that you've not received a reply from Game yet though, although I suspect because it was only release day when you emailed them, that they assumed it was just a delay with Royal Mail. Not saying that excuses them not replying to you but, can see their logic for your query not being high up on the list compared to other queries they may have from customers.
Main thing is though, it did arrive and didn't get lost in the post :).
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants